PDA

View Full Version : Revised STP Prizes, Updates to Website

fifteendays
04-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi everyone,

If you're planning on doing Seek the Peak this year, this will come as very good news. If you haven't made your plans to participate, I hope this will push you over the edge!

We have just updated the Seek the Peak website, featuring our new line-up of incredible prizes. We're offering well over $11,000 in prizes this year, including...

$1,000 L.L.Bean Family Camping Package
STP Logo L.L.Bean Fleece Jackets
2009 Overnight Winter EduTrip
A Luxury Colorado Getaway for Two
... and ...
A 1-year Lease of a 2009 Subaru Forester!

To learn more, visit the prize page (http://www.seekthepeak.org/prizes.php) on the STP website. To qualify for the Subaru drawing, all you need to do is raise $1,000 or more... and you get one entry per $1,000 raised. So far, only one person is qualified to win, so I'd say that the odds of winning will be decent! Even if 50 people qualify, a 1 in 50 chance of winning a new car is pretty amazing.

Don't forget, the first 250 people to raise at least $100 get our super-cool Seek the Peak goodie bags, which are actually STP-logo nylon camping stuff sacks. This year, we have a bunch of great stuff in there, including a long-sleeve STP logo t-shirt, L.L.Bean socks AND a Camelbak Hydration System!

We're now shooting for a goal of $100,000... you can get us there by doing Seek the Peak this July. Sign up today! (http://www.seekthepeak.org/register.php)

Thanks so much for the support-- fire away with any questions you might have.

All the best,
Scot Henley
MWO Executive Director

Brad
04-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Wow - wow - and wow!!!!!!

BlueDog
04-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Just saw the update today! The new graphic on the prize page is now a widget on my desktop to keep me motivated!

http://www.seekthepeak.org/qualified.jpg

Looks like Ed O'Malley is the first one to qualify so far with $1,175 to date.

Steve M
04-28-2008, 10:27 PM
If I am volunteering on top that week and not able to attend the registration and after party but have raised money for the event AND hiked to the summit and back down both before and after my volunteer week will I still be eligible to receive any of the gifts or prizes???:)

fifteendays
04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
If I am volunteering on top that week and not able to attend the registration and after party but have raised money for the event AND hiked to the summit and back down both before and after my volunteer week will I still be eligible to receive any of the gifts or prizes???:)

You will have earned it ten times over! I'm sure we can bend the rules...

Scot
MWO Staff

Brad
04-29-2008, 12:36 PM
You will have earned it ten times over! I'm sure we can bend the rules...

Scot
MWO Staff
Bend the rules? You make the rules. Actually, what rules?

If I get my treats when I get to the summit, he qualifies as far as I am concerned.

Bill O
04-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Bend the rules? You make the rules. Actually, what rules?

If I get my treats when I get to the summit, he qualifies as far as I am concerned.

The fine print says you must attend the dinner to receive your prize. I think that is a fair rule. In Steve's case, I think volunteering on the summit during the awards dinner is a good excuse.

Brad
04-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I agree 100%

Charlie
04-29-2008, 09:47 PM
i agree 100% to so that makes it 200% :D

Steve M
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the support guys, be sure to come see me as I will have some goodies set out for you all!:)

BlueDog
04-30-2008, 02:15 PM
mmmmm.... goodies :)

BlueDog
05-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Feature request..... is anyone else interested in seeing a page that lists each name with current $ amount? I kinda think that would be interesting to see, since the list of hikers has gotten long enough its impossible to go through each one. :)

mtruman
05-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Feature request..... is anyone else interested in seeing a page that lists each name with current $ amount? I kinda think that would be interesting to see, since the list of hikers has gotten long enough its impossible to go through each one. :)

I would vote for this. I like the idea of seeing where we stand and getting an extra nudge to keep up with the other competitors.

h2oeco
05-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Sounds good to me... Also, it would be nice to be able to enter the names of people that gave offline, so that they show up in the hiker's list of donors...

Ed

BlueDog
05-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Woo hoo! Someone also needs to update the Subaru graphic! #2 to qualify!! Hit the $1,000 mark yesterday. :)

fifteendays
05-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Woo hoo! Someone also needs to update the Subaru graphic! #2 to qualify!! Hit the $1,000 mark yesterday. :)

It's now updated. Congratulations and THANK YOU! The challenge is on!

Just about 2 1/2 months to go until STP and there are 170+ people registered and over $35,000 raised... and it hasn't even been advertised yet. You'll see an ad in AMC Outdoors in the June edition and you'll also receive a postcard in the next week or so. Radio will start next month (small underwriting campaign on NHPR and local radio as well).

We hope to hit $100k this year, so there's still a lot of work to be done... but we're off to a great start! Thanks!

Scot
MWO Staff

BlueDog
05-08-2008, 11:17 AM
So if everyone else brings in no more than $999 everything would be good to go! :D

Thanks Scot for all your hard work!