PDA

View Full Version : Current Conditions

Wantabe
12-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Why is the 24hr history not keeping 24hrs worth of data. It keeps resetting.

Bill O
12-02-2006, 08:00 PM
I've noticed this too, but I have no idea why its occurring.

Wantabe
12-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Now it works :confused:

SummitStaff
12-03-2006, 07:38 AM
The summit was going through maintenance routines yesterday and last night, and that can affect the flow of data to the website. This will happen from time to time, but rest assured no data is lost. This becomes evident by the fact that all data returns afterwords.

Brad
12-05-2006, 07:41 AM
The summit was going through maintenance routines yesterday and last night, and that can affect the flow of data to the website. This will happen from time to time, but rest assured no data is lost. This becomes evident by the fact that all data returns afterwords.
Is it still going through maintenance? The graph updates stopped yesterday at 7:17AM.

Bill O
12-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Is it still going through maintenance? The graph updates stopped yesterday at 7:17AM.

Aside from the hourly observations I consider everything that comes from the summit to be a "beta" project. Its not that the data is bad, it just doesn't have the reliability we would always like. I'm sure when the webcam images and current conditions first started appearing on the web they had the same issues.

Brad
12-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Bill,

I view the images and data as best effort. Most of the processes are automatic. If they do not work for some reason the MWO folks may need to be told to be aware - then they can fix it.

For many people the photos, journals, web cameras and Conditions image are all they have ever seen of Mt Washington. So, these are the Observatory's image to the public. Just as one would try to make sure an advertising brochure is correct, one normally wants to have their public image correct. Web sites today provide that visibility to many folks - especially for the Observatory. The organization is a top notch professional organization with very good people. I am sure as things break or don't work right, they will figure out a better way of getting it done.

We have seen folks across the country commenting about their love for and attachment for the Rockpile. The way to get their MWO fix is through the web site. So best effort needs to be pretty good.

Unfortunately, again the Conditions image's graphs stopped working today at 3:06 PM again. I know getting the images created and updated is a complex process and therefore prone for having problems.

Wantabe
12-05-2006, 08:44 PM
been blank for at least the last few hours....