PDA

View Full Version : Two Months Out

fifteendays
05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi folks,

Almost two months away from Seek the Peak and we have 184 hikers registered so far, we're approaching $38k in fundraising & sponsorship and we know that things will really start to pick up over June and July. We're hoping to crush our fundraising record and hit the $100,000 mark with this years event. I know we can do it!

Based on what we know through the STP online fundraising pages, we can break it down like this...
54 have already hit the $100 fundraising minimum
17 are qualified for the EduTrip drawing
9 are qualified for the trip to Colorado
3 are getting custom-made STP/MWO logo fleece jackets from L.L.Bean
3 have qualified for the big grand prize drawing... A one-year lease of a 2009 Subaru Forester

Of course, we have no way of knowing how many of those 184 people are out there generating support offline.

Great job, everyone... and if you haven't signed up to participate, register online (http://www.seekthepeak.org/register.php) today!

Scot
MWO Staff

Caffeine Addict
05-22-2008, 06:47 PM
i just signed up to stp this will be my first time

joe

Caffeine Addict
05-22-2008, 06:48 PM
well i just signed up for stp hike this will be my first time

joe

Steve M
05-23-2008, 09:02 AM
well i just signed up for stp hike this will be my first time

joe
Congrats, you will have a great time. Group together with someone if you can, it makes it even more fun!

BlueDog
05-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi folks,

3 have qualified for the big grand prize drawing... A one-year lease of a 2009 Subaru Forester

There's a third now!? Oh man... guess I need to get working on the $2k mark to make my odds better! Who's the third person to qualify? I know Ed O. was the first, I was the second....

just so I know who the competition is ;)

mtruman
05-23-2008, 11:42 AM
There's a third now!? Oh man... guess I need to get working on the $2k mark to make my odds better! Who's the third person to qualify? I know Ed O. was the first, I was the second....

just so I know who the competition is ;)

I was flipping through the pledge pages this week to see how other folks were doing and remember noticing the third person but can't recall who it was. Hopefully I'll be joining the $1K club too by the time we're done...

hobbes
05-23-2008, 02:57 PM
just so I know who the competition is

BlueDog (http://www.seekthepeak.org/mypage/BlueDog)
ecomalley (http://www.seekthepeak.org/mypage/ecomalley)
KennethMuravnick (http://www.seekthepeak.org/mypage/KennethMuravnick)

Caffeine Addict
05-23-2008, 05:16 PM
sorry for the double post :o

Brad
05-23-2008, 05:54 PM
sorry for the double post :o
We figured it was the coffee.

Caffeine Addict
05-23-2008, 06:15 PM
it could have been :D

Steve M
05-24-2008, 10:45 PM
We figured it was the coffee.
Now you know his secret for getting him up the mountain.:)

Brad
05-25-2008, 05:22 PM
I am looking for any secret I can get. Went waterskiing this morning for the first time of the season. A bit sore, but not too bad.

Charlie
05-26-2008, 10:38 AM
I am looking for any secret I can get. Went waterskiing this morning for the first time of the season. A bit sore, but not too bad.

hot tub hot tub hot tub need i say more :D

Steve M
05-26-2008, 11:41 AM
hot tub hot tub hot tub need i say more :D
No waterskiing for us but we enjoyed a hot tub last night. Were at a friends in St. Augustine, Fl relaxing for the weekend.

Brad
05-27-2008, 07:39 AM
No waterskiing for us but we enjoyed a hot tub last night. Were at a friends in St. Augustine, Fl relaxing for the weekend.
What a fun walking town! I loved the back streets and alleys. So, you did the hot tub for me. Not sure it helped.

Steve M
05-27-2008, 05:18 PM
What a fun walking town! I loved the back streets and alleys. So, you did the hot tub for me. Not sure it helped.
I'll stay in longer next time.:)

fifteendays
06-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi folks,

Seek the Peak 8 is now up to 218 registered hikers and over $45,000 raised thus far. We're all absolutely floored at the number of hikers who have signed up and how both of those figures compare to prior years. Already, this is our second largest STP with lots of time remaining for hikers to register, raise funds and qualify for prizes.

The first 250 hikers to raise (offline and/or through the website) and submit the minimum $100 in donations will all get our huge goodie bags, event t-shirts and admission to our awards party & turkey feast. After those 250 bags are gone, we'll be sure to print up more t-shirts and order up more turkey... but we have to limit the goodie bags to 250. So, I certainly recommend to everyone here in the MWO forums... if you plan on doing STP, please register ASAP and turn in the first $100 of your pledges so that we can put your name on one of those bags.

Anyway, THANKS to all of you who have worked so hard for the Obs so far.

See you in July!

Scot
MWO Staff

MeridenFF
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Well check one more off the list of 250. I just made sure that I am over the $100 mark with much more still to collect. Let's hope that we collect quite a bit more then the $47,000 so far this year.

Steve M
06-05-2008, 11:58 PM
I Can't wait to put my feet to work on that mountain again!:)