PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

GolfRepair
12-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey y'all,

Just thought I'd finally introduce myself to all the wonderful folks here.
My name is Chris Milette and I'm a native of Rhode Island who has been living here in the Dallas Texas area since 1984. I grew up camping and hiking throughout New England as a Boy Scout, and I have a strong affection for the trails of NH, especially Mt Washington. I most recently climbed Mt Washington via Tuckerman Ravine trail for Seek the Peak back in 2004. I even had my picture published in Windswept playing in 60mph winds on the tower.

Unfortunately, I have to live vicariously through pictures and daily viewing of this website to experience a real winter. The big excitement here weather-wise is living at the tail end of tornado alley and the constant threat of holing up inside a closet until the all-clear is given.

Anyhow, that's it about me. Please everyone keep posting the great pictures and stories about winter. I try to get to reading as many as possible.

Hope y'all have a fantastic and snowy Christmas!
Chris

Brad
12-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Chris,

Welcome to the forum! I grew up in Cranston, RI and then shifted to Warwick for High School. After college and the Army we lived Warwick - kept our sailboat in Greenwich harbor and sailed all over the Bay and sound.

We started our Maine vacations when living in RI and kept on going back to Maine till we bought property and moved in.

AlpineHikerFan71
12-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey y'all,

Just thought I'd finally introduce myself to all the wonderful folks here.
My name is Chris Milette and I'm a native of Rhode Island who has been living here in the Dallas Texas area since 1984. I grew up camping and hiking throughout New England as a Boy Scout, and I have a strong affection for the trails of NH, especially Mt Washington. I most recently climbed Mt Washington via Tuckerman Ravine trail for Seek the Peak back in 2004. I even had my picture published in Windswept playing in 60mph winds on the tower.

Unfortunately, I have to live vicariously through pictures and daily viewing of this website to experience a real winter. The big excitement here weather-wise is living at the tail end of tornado alley and the constant threat of holing up inside a closet until the all-clear is given.

Anyhow, that's it about me. Please everyone keep posting the great pictures and stories about winter. I try to get to reading as many as possible.

Hope y'all have a fantastic and snowy Christmas!
Chris

Good Evenig Chris,
I am not sure where you are in Texas, but you may have more snow than us here in Southern NH for the month of Nov. It has been a roller coaster here with the weather as I am a newbie to New England recently. You have to move back to the area soon and bring the snow with you. Welcome aboard