PDA

View Full Version : Too early for flowers?

Great Guinness Ghost
05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
The first weekend in June, MeridenFF and I are going up for an overnight at Lakes. I thought maybe we'd see some flowers in the Alpine garden. Am I wrong? The Ravines cam still showed snow on the plateau. Is that just a thin layer? Anyone been by there lately? Anyone?...Anyone?..Beuller?

JimS
05-27-2008, 08:44 PM
I think you will see plenty of flowers. There has been many a year that I've seen snow and flowers on the same trail. Monroe Flats down to Pierce tends to peak the first week of June...with the Alpine Garden itself a bit later. Keep to the trails, and enjoy the show!

JimS
05-27-2008, 08:46 PM
The AMC's citizen scientist program, mountain watch, also posts weekly reports. I'd check these before you go...and perhaps volunteer your sightings...

http://www.outdoors.org/conservation/mountainwatch/mtnplant-alpine.cfm

mtruman
05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
The AMC starts a series of Lodge to Hut Alpine Wildflower trips on June 9th (with the destination centered on the Alpine Garden. They are obviously planning on the flowers blooming then...

MeridenFF
05-31-2008, 07:08 PM
That for the info. I know that Great Ghost and I are certainly looking forward to seeing some of the beautiful sites up on the mountain but the most important part of the trip will be enjoying the Mountain and mostly friendship. Please pray for flowers.