PDA

View Full Version : the weather in june ? Brad can you help!!

bosco41
05-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Does anyone had what the past weather for june was over the past five yrs. I want to climb with my family Mt Lin, Mt Laf, bride loop( sorry for the mispelling).I thinking its still wet. I always climb Mt wash for Seek the peak but I want to get some family time in can anyone help.

Acrophobe
05-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Well, I climbed it on Monday, and except for patches of snow on Old Bridle Path, and maybe a half mile, probably less, of snow on Falling Waters trail, the trails are clear. Magnificent view, it was. Keep an eye out for this guy, too. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Geeeeeeek/100_1609.jpg

Brad
05-30-2008, 05:15 AM
One quick way to see the June weather at a glance for the past 3 years is to go to the F6 reports at http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/f6/

Knapper
05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Does anyone had what the past weather for june was over the past five yrs. I want to climb with my family Mt Lin, Mt Laf, bride loop( sorry for the mispelling).I thinking its still wet. I always climb Mt wash for Seek the peak but I want to get some family time in can anyone help.

I will take a shot:

Temperatures normally average in the 40s. Lower 40s to start upper to end. Highs average in the 50s and lows average in the 30s to lower 40s. Now that is not to say that some days will be 40 or 60 as highs and lows in the 20s or 50s. This week in May we set a new daily minimum of 16, the first daily min record for a summer month in a while. This month has been running about 3-4 degrees below normal as well. This is not to say that trends will continue, but just something to keep in mind.

Snowfall wise, there is still plenty of snow in the normal fields on the summits. THe month of June gets close to an inch on average. Although it is normally one of the least snowy months, it still can get snow as with any month. An precipitation averages 8-9 inches for the month (rain, snow, sleet, hail, etc go towards this total). Not the wettest month but not the driest.

Winds tend to be northwest. It is rare to get 100 mph winds. Not to say impossible just improbable. Hurricane force gusts (above 73 mph) average about 5 days during the month.

Thunderstorms average about three days in the month. ALhtough, with the amount of cold fronts coming through so far this year, that number might be a bit higher.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

bosco41
05-30-2008, 08:53 PM
:) :) :) Thank u all the kids loved the snow men!!! Cool thank u all for the help I glad theres people like you hope to see on the trails. John Buonavolonta AKA bosco41