PDA

View Full Version : Where Are You Staying?

Bill O
06-04-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm thinking about booking a campground and was curious where everyone was staying.

I was looking at Dolly Copp and there aren't many good reservable sites left. Are most of the sites un-reservable?

BlueDog
06-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I've got a site at Moose Brook. Really liked it last year. Dex and Baxter shared the site with us. DoNotGoGentle and his whole crew were a couple spots over.

mtruman
06-04-2008, 01:29 PM
We're staying at Shapleigh Bunkhouse at Highland Center since we are starting a 4 day hut hike the day after STP. Campground didn't make sense for us with only 2 nights. Everything in the area fills up really fast around this date. We made our reservations in March and the AMC lodging (both huts and lodges) were already getting full. Campgrounds and hotels aren't a much better story unfortunately...

Bill O
06-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Just got a place at Moose Brook for Friday and Saturday night. Should be fun.

CHRIS
06-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I am staying at the Ammonoosuc camp ground Friday the 25th till Friday the 1st.. Can't wait.
Chris

Steve M
06-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm staying on the summit of Mt Washington!:D

Brad
06-05-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm staying on the summit of Mt Washington!:D
Don't rub it in!

Tim&Val
06-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Tim, Debi and I (along with various and sundry family members yet TBD) will be at Moose Brook!

We're looking forward to seeking everyone out and saying hello. Maybe we'll wear our STP shirts from last year so that we're obvious. Last year, we were identifying each other by the flip-flops. :p

Valerie

Steve M
06-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Tim, Debi and I (along with various and sundry family members yet TBD) will be at Moose Brook!

We're looking forward to seeking everyone out and saying hello. Maybe we'll wear our STP shirts from last year so that we're obvious. Last year, we were identifying each other by the flip-flops. :p

Valerie
I haven't worn my STP shirt very much because it is long sleeve but I will be wearing it up there for sure.

KD Talbot
06-06-2008, 08:19 PM
We've secured the shelter at Moose Brook for STP weekend. It is an open sided shelter with a picnic table and huge fireplace. I say the apre dinner party/party will be here, if anyone is still awake after climbing and eating turkey.

KDT

mtm1208
06-21-2008, 09:04 PM
I won't be able to leave until say 7pm from Northern NJ... I want to bring my dog to hike with... given the time to drive at campground for Friday night won't be good... anyone know a good inexpensive dog friendly hotel? then Saturday night .. what campground is good.. i see alot of people going to Moose.. thanks!!!

mtm1208
07-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Moose Brook for Friday and Saturday night

Charlie
07-03-2008, 08:01 PM
i will be staying here

Town And Country Motor Inn
Us Route 2
Gorham, NH, 03581

this is close to Moose Brook
i will have to stop and say hi to you all