PDA

View Full Version : Round Ice?

spyboy
06-10-2008, 06:12 PM
OK, this is weird. What would cause circular ice formations?

http://englishrussia.com/?p=1972

Brad
06-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Hmmm, enough water flow to cause the ice to rotate wearing off the edges to form circles?

Bill O
06-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Hmmm, enough water flow to cause the ice to rotate wearing off the edges to form circles?

I like that idea, it was spinning.

bclark
06-10-2008, 09:27 PM
This is clearly caused by global warming.

Alright, just kidding...but I couldn't resist :D

Knapper
06-11-2008, 06:14 AM
This is clearly caused by global warming.

You mean terrorist, right? (inside obs joke)

In all actuallity, the ice is a "hoax" that has been done in various locations over the years. A news channel back where I used to live showed how it is done. How it is done is by waiting until the ice is thick enough to walk on, and using two people, one anchors a rope to the middle while the other walks around with spray paint or other marking device making a "perfect" circle. Then an ice saw is used to cut the circle. This can kind of can be seen on the last few pics with how the ice has piles of cut ice all around the perimeter. Then as the ice melts you get round ice slabs. This is all similar to crop circles. Some call it art, other call it alien phenomena, and then there are those that call it a waste of time. Neat looking though.

Bill O
06-11-2008, 06:24 AM
You mean terrorist, right? (inside obs joke)

In all actuallity, the ice is a "hoax" that has been done in various locations over the years. A news channel back where I used to live showed how it is done. How it is done is by waiting until the ice is thick enough to walk on, and using two people, one anchors a rope to the middle while the other walks around with spray paint or other marking device making a "perfect" circle. Then an ice saw is used to cut the circle. This can kind of can be seen on the last few pics with how the ice has piles of cut ice all around the perimeter. Then as the ice melts you get round ice slabs. This is all similar to crop circles. Some call it art, other call it alien phenomena, and then there are those that call it a waste of time. Neat looking though.

Wait, you're telling me crop circles weren't made by alien landing craft? This is big.

billysinc
06-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Wait, you're telling me crop circles weren't made by alien landing craft? This is big.

Boy are you naive, everyone knows Bigfoot are making the crop circles. Where have you been?

Brad
06-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Boy are you naive, everyone knows Bigfoot are making the crop circles. Where have you been?

Is that "Bigfeet are" ... or "Bigfoots are"?

billysinc
06-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Is that "Bigfeet are" ... or "Bigfoots are"?

Funny you asked, I typed it a few ways and none of them made sense or sounded right. I guess that's why scientists don't believe in them.

Brad
06-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Funny you asked, I typed it a few ways and none of them made sense or sounded right. I guess that's why scientists don't believe in them.
Right. And there can be many "deer" but only one "dear".

Brad
06-11-2008, 04:33 PM
The almost cut out circles along the edge of the ice is "interesting"

http://images39.fotki.com/v1226/photos/8/8235/242566/4crop-vi.jpg