PDA

View Full Version : Beal?

Brad
12-12-2006, 09:41 AM
What is this saying? Something about "bears". Are they calling the bears to dinner?

http://images12.fotki.com/v215/photos/1/1002902/4065903/20061212_093131_deck-vi.jpg

Patrad Fischroy
12-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Don't think so, it would take more volunteers and most of the coming year's food budget to feed all of those boys, especially after last night's game

"Hester Makes History As Bears Beat Rams

Updated 6:53 AM ET December 12, 2006

By BARRY WILNER

ST. LOUIS (AP) - Devin Hester expects teams to keep on kicking deep to him. And he expects to keep right on returning those kicks to the end zone. The high-stepping rookie got the Rams' home dome rocking with chants of "Let's Go Bears!" as he set an NFL record with his fifth and sixth returns for touchdowns this season, a 94-yard kickoff runback in the second quarter and a 96-yarder in the final period Monday night. That sparked a 42-27 victory that gave the NFC North champions (11-2) a bye for the first week of the playoffs.

"It's the NFL and a team is not going to bow down to one player," Hester said. "They'll continue to kick to me."

They're fools if they do.

"It's like the gates of Heaven opening up for me," he added"

Bill O
12-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I could swear that top word says "HELP" spelled backwards.

Brad
12-12-2006, 10:51 AM
I could swear that top word says "HELP" spelled backwards.
That is the best guess I have heard. Sure does look like it.

Bill O
12-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Looks like somebody crossed out the backwards help.

I'm wondering what the thought process was that convinced somebody to spell the word backwards? As if the webcam was a mirror and reverses everything.

Wantabe
12-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Did I read that right in the snow? "BEAL"

Bill O
12-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I moved this to "General Discussion" as it has little to do with the weather.

We were discussing this in another thread and our best guess is that it says "Bears."

AlpineHikerFan71
12-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Looks like somebody crossed out the backwards help.

I'm wondering what the thought process was that convinced somebody to spell the word backwards? As if the webcam was a mirror and reverses everything.
Bill,
You might be right, That is the only reason why they would spell it backwards. Very Odd though.

Mike D
12-13-2006, 04:26 PM
It says "HELP BEARD". This is clearly a person bereft of facial whiskers.

Gorque
12-13-2006, 07:14 PM
It's really a rare form of Dyslexia. It's known as Satanus Dyslexius Articus and it's symptoms are where the sufferer writes their thoughts forwards and backwards, in snow. :D

Bill O
12-13-2006, 07:16 PM
It's really a rare form of Dyslexia. It's known as Satanus Dyslexius Articus and it's symptoms are where the sufferer writes their thoughts forwards and backwards, in snow. :D

The extreme high altitude of Mount Washington probably came into play here as well.

Gorque
12-13-2006, 10:11 PM
The extreme high altitude of Mount Washington probably came into play here as well. Well..ahem, yes...of course. That and the dry summit air is sufficient to trigger a Dyslexic attack.

Patrad Fischroy
12-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Based on the comments today, it appears that some indications of a bear were seen on the road for shift change, hence the warning? I would guess that if teh summit staff were watching this forum there were a few chuckles.

bruno
12-14-2006, 08:52 AM
i think it was made by creatures from another world. kinda like those lines in south america.

Brad
12-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Based on the comments today, it appears that some indications of a bear were seen on the road for shift change, hence the warning? I would guess that if teh summit staff were watching this forum there were a few chuckles.
Maybe the bear thought he needed help.

Gorque
12-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Shouldn't bears be all snugged up for the winter in their hidey-holes by now?:confused:

AlpineHikerFan71
12-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Shouldn't bears be all snugged up for the winter in their hidey-holes by now?:confused:
They should be Gorque, but dont forget it has been an unusually warm winter season so far, so perhaps the bears clocks are a tad off as well.