PDA

View Full Version : Top loading camera cases

Brad
06-10-2008, 08:48 PM
There are many people here on the forum who love to hike and to take pictures. I have purchased a top loading camera case and have never used it. What I need is some suggestions on how to fasten it to a pack - so it is accessible while hiking - and can get the camera out easily.

Who has experience with this and some ideas?

Brad
06-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Was just searching around different sites and realize I should have stated - the case is for a DSLR with a zoom lens. These are bigger and more bulky than a pocket camera or a point n shoot digital.

forestgnome
06-11-2008, 06:23 AM
I've been meaning to post about my set up. I carry a full size top loader that holds my DSLR with a telephoto lens.

I simply attached two carabiners to the shoulder straps of my backpack. There is an adjustment strap that runs along the shoulder straps. I attach a carabiner to the adjustment strap, just above the sturnum strap of the backpack.

Then just remove the strap from the camera case's Drings and attach the Drings to the carabiners.

When I take my backpack on and off as I hike, I just detach the camera case on one side, leaving the other side alone. Then detach my sturnum and waist straps as usual, so the camera case is part of the backpack.

You will shoot more if you carry this way, and you will capture more wildlife!

happy trails :)

Brad
06-11-2008, 06:27 AM
Great! I will have to try to step through your words - one at a time to try to follow this. Any chance of a picture to help us? This is great.