PDA

View Full Version : $50,000 and going strong...

JimS
06-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Today the Obs broke through the 50K mark pledged online. Congrats and lets hope for another 50K!!!

BlueDog
06-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Very cool! I was checking the number this afternoon and I believe that my latest sponsor of $100 was the one to push it over the the mark. :)

Brad
06-13-2008, 10:44 AM
I was thinking it was my sister's dog, Greta.

We still only have 3 people listed as qualifying for the Subaru drawing. how many are close to making that level? I am close - and I WILL MAKE IT.

BlueDog
06-16-2008, 11:31 AM
I see that 5 are now qualified for the the Subie! Any idea who the new additions to the list are?

JimS
06-16-2008, 01:25 PM
BillO's Wife Erica is one...

Who are the other 4?

Brad
06-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Congratulations to Erica!!!!

What is the last date - time the totals will be taken to be counted towards the $1,000 limit?

Caffeine Addict
06-16-2008, 03:40 PM
congrats to the top 5 i know its not me

BlueDog
06-16-2008, 04:23 PM
BillO's Wife Erica is one...

Who are the other 4?

I can't find the 5th person. Too many hikers to click thru all of them! (That's a good thing I guess) :)

as of today...

ecomalley - $2,775
BlueDog - $1,528
KennethMuravnick - $1,167
EricaO - $1,000

Bill O
06-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Could be somebody without a web page.

Bill O
06-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Ecomalley has $2,700 so far. That gives him two entries in the drawing.

Another $225 and he'll have three. Nice job Ed!

Steve M
06-17-2008, 10:37 AM
You large $ fund raising people must be professionals.:)

BlueDog
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Don't know about the others, but I could really use a new vehicle. :)

Oh yeah... I mean... its for a good cause! Yeah, that's the motivation!

JimS
06-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Don't know about the others, but I could really use a new vehicle. :)

Oh yeah... I mean... its for a good cause! Yeah, that's the motivation!

A little bit from row A, and a little bit from Row B...

You wouldn't be involved at all if you didn't want to support the observatory. But fundraising is hard work, and it's good to have prizes of appreciation...

Brad
06-18-2008, 10:13 PM
I can't find the 5th person. Too many hikers to click thru all of them! (That's a good thing I guess) :)

as of today...

ecomalley - $2,775
BlueDog - $1,528
EricaO - $1,000
It may be that Ed counted as 2 in the total of 5.

What is cool to see is all the $25 contributions folks have. The money gets there in small steps.

fifteendays
06-18-2008, 11:37 PM
It may be that Ed counted as 2 in the total of 5.

What is cool to see is all the $25 contributions folks have. The money gets there in small steps.

Brad,

Welcome to the elite Subaru Crew... You're number 6!

Here's the rundown:

ecomalley - $2,775
BlueDog - $1,528
StephenSargent - $1,425
EricaO - $1,000
Brad - $1,000

We're just under the 250 mark... As of this morning, I believe we were at 243 hikers, with more coming on every day. Very exciting!

Other STP news... Karen just added a Martha's Vineyard getaway to the list of door prizes. Subaru is planning on having "the" car on display at the event, under the tent. They're also swapping out our vehicles so that we have a total of three 2009 Foresters for our use as part of our partnership, one of which will be fully-wrapped in Seek the Peak graphics, year-round. It will also be on display at STP. As for the aforementioned tent, last year's tent will look like a little pup-tent compared to what we'll need this year... I think we're looking at a 40 x 120 Taj Majal sized tent for STP8. Also, Subaru will be doing up some special STP ball caps for all MWO members at STP. For those STP hikers who aren't members, they'll kick in a free hat to entice people to join on the spot.

And finally, the important stuff... I saw the t-shirt design today and I can't wait to get my hands on one! Simple, clean and very cool.

It's getting very exciting around here. We're all blown away with STP. Big, BIG thanks to all of you for your fundraising efforts. Be sure to take an extra victory lap through the turkey buffet on July 26th!

Take care,
Scot
MWO Staff

Steve M
06-18-2008, 11:51 PM
That is great! I am so excited! I almost want to postpone my volunteering just to be at the event. Notice I said almost.;) Maybe someone can pull a door prize ticket for me.:)

Brad
06-19-2008, 05:55 AM
You large $ fund raising people must be professionals.:)
Not at all. One thing I did was - my daughter owed me some money. So, I said donate it on my page - take the tax deduction - and help out MWO. She did and this worked for a couple of others.

Brad
06-19-2008, 06:11 AM
I just went back and checked out the prizes page www.seekthepeak.org/prizes.php !!! Yes, the Subaru (my Subaru) is great, but there are so many other prizes we will finish listening to Scot give them away at midnight!

Thanks to all the sponsors for helping to make this a big event. I hope someone from LL Bean and Subaru are there so we all can shake their hands and say thank you. Their support for MWO is very visible and really appreciated.

For a small organization to pull this type of event off is a big deal - and a lot of work. A big thanks go to all the MWO staff working on this. STP08 will be the best ever.

Brad
06-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Rules clarification:

The prizes and rules web page states:

The first 250 hikers to raise $100 or more will receive:
* Seek the Peak logo nylon stuff sack, each stuffed with more than $100 in event goodies, including . . .
* Admission to the 2008 Seek the Peak Awards Party at the base of the Mt. Washington Auto Road, featuring a turkey feast by Hart's Turkey Farm
* One entry into our huge door prize drawing, with prizes such as . . .

From what I have heard the only element of that is limited to the first 250 hikers is the goodie bag. If MWO sees we will have more people at the dinner, they will find more turkey. So, even though we are getting close to the 250 mark, continue to sign up and support the organization.

Maybe Scot could confirm the above here on the forum.

Caffeine Addict
06-19-2008, 09:33 AM
what happened to the # Camelbak Hydration System
Long sleeve Seek the Peak t-shirt

BlueDog
06-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Wow! Great stuff. Thanks Scot and everyone! You're *almost* coming up with so many prizes I feel like we [the hikers] are benefiting more than the MWO! Really appreciate all the hard work into organizing this!

Bill O
06-19-2008, 12:44 PM
From what I have heard the only element of that is limited to the first 250 hikers is the goodie bag. If MWO sees we will have more people at the dinner, they will find more turkey. So, even though we are getting close to the 250 mark, continue to sign up and support the organization.

Maybe Scot could confirm the above here on the forum.

Simply registering isn't good enough for a goodie bag. I thought you had to be one of the first 250 to raise $100.

I may be wrong, but why chance it.

fifteendays
06-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Sounds like a little clarification is needed... It's all spelled out on our STP prize page (http://www.seekthepeak.org/prizes.php), but here's the short version:

-- To participate, you need to raise at least $100.
-- Goodie bags are guaranteed for the first 250 people to reach the $100 fundraising mark and qualify to participate in STP.
-- Those bags are worth well over $110 each, and include a long sleeve event t-shirt, Camelbak Hydration System, etc.
-- If we have over 250 hikers, the bags will be gone, but we'll definitely make more t-shirts and order up more turkey.
-- Everyone who participates as a hiker and attends the post-party will be entered into the door prize drawings
-- I've mentioned the prize structure before and I encourage you to follow the link above for details.

Hopefully this helps-- shoot me a PM if you have specific questions.

Thanks,
Scot
MWO Staff

mary
06-21-2008, 09:39 AM
i havent made a personal page on the seek the peak homepage but ive raised $1,000 as well....

BlueDog
06-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Congrats Mary! I see we've hit 6 qualified now.

Brad
06-21-2008, 09:08 PM
i havent made a personal page on the seek the peak homepage but ive raised $1,000 as well....
Mary, that is wonderful! See you there.

Charlie
06-21-2008, 09:58 PM

way to go keep it coming :D

fifteendays
06-21-2008, 11:28 PM

Mary,

Congratulations! Please send in what you've raised so we can reserve a goodie bag for you and add your name to all the prize drawings, including the Subaru drawing.

Mail to:
Seek the Peak
c/o Mount Washington Observatory
P.O. Box 2310
North Conway, NH 03860

My hunch is that there are quite a few folks out there that have done their fundraising offline... Either way, online or otherwise, we love it!

Thanks for your efforts-- we all truly appreciate it.

Scot
MWO Staff

mary
06-22-2008, 09:47 AM
yeah its pretty exciting....i didnt realize that you had to send the registration money early for the goodie bags....last year when we registered at the bar( i cant remember the name) we got our bags when we turned in our money....maybe ill call and pay the 100.00 for our registrations....heres a question for someone....ive convinced my parents to come up with us for the weekend and take a van to the top of the mountain (theyre in their 80's so for them to stand on the mountain top would be a cool thing i think)....if we were willing to pay would they be able to attend the meal/get together after the hike?....it would just be a cool thing for them to see and be a part of if possible....

mary
06-22-2008, 09:48 AM
i raise the money off line just because i dont really understand the whole pay pal thing....although i do have to admit that i havent really looked all that closely at it....

Brad
06-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Mary,

This year we are getting to the 250 hiker limit. Only the first 250 registering and getting to $100 will get a goodie bag. Last year there was not as much pressure on the timing with fewer hikers signing up.

The pledge page is really easy for folks to use - and it does not use PayPal (which is a service I happen to dislike). One just puts the pledge on their credit card and you are done. It is nice and simple. A few people wanted me to do it for them - so, they gave me a check. I went to the pledge page and entered it under their name but against my credit card.

Great Guinness Ghost
06-22-2008, 01:57 PM
yeah its pretty exciting....i didnt realize that you had to send the registration money early for the goodie bags....last year when we registered at the bar( i cant remember the name) we got our bags when we turned in our money....maybe ill call and pay the 100.00 for our registrations....heres a question for someone....ive convinced my parents to come up with us for the weekend and take a van to the top of the mountain (theyre in their 80's so for them to stand on the mountain top would be a cool thing i think)....if we were willing to pay would they be able to attend the meal/get together after the hike?....it would just be a cool thing for them to see and be a part of if possible....

Congratulations on breaking the 1K mark Mary, great job. Last year a friend who hiked with me but wasn't a registered hiker for STP was able to purchase a dinner ticket right at the tent where they held the after party. I would assume they'd do the same and your parents would be welcome. We'll see you there if not on the trail!!!

Charlie
06-22-2008, 05:21 PM
hay mary if they drive to the top and do not want to drive down i may not be able to hike back down so if the want i can drive them down and get my ride down at the same time

just something to think about :rolleyes:

Steve M
06-23-2008, 11:49 PM
O.K. I just got a letter today for STP and I am even more excited about this year than before. Lots of great stuff being given away. Now all I need is someone to stand in my place at the after party holding my tickets for the door prizes.:)

Caffeine Addict
06-24-2008, 01:42 PM
57,000 and going strong :D

mary
06-24-2008, 04:02 PM
thanks charlie but i dont think my parents are up for the driving part at all!....they'll be doing the shuttle vans for sure....

mary
06-24-2008, 04:16 PM
ok....i didnt mean to be abrupt but i had to leave the comp earlier....my parents are elderly and my mother has not been well the last couple of years....they were in the whites a few times when they were younger and i just kind of threw the idea out to them as we rent a house and there is more than enough room....it will be kind of cool for them to stand on the mountain top again....i was thinking that buying a ticket for the van ride down wasnt a big deal but now after reading it seems like it might be a touch and go thing....if anyone has any input or suggestion regarding the van tickets id appreciate it....is it something i can reserve prior to the day or no?....

Brad
06-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Mary, if there is any way of getting them to the summit - do it. I got my mother up there when she was well into her 80's and loved it. One of her favorite pictures was of her looking out over the peaks.

Charlie
06-24-2008, 08:42 PM
because of my rotator cuff surgery i have bin working hard to get into shape to make the hike but it is a tough road . i will know in a couple of weeks if i will be able to make it to the top by hiking .if i cant i would like to make it to the base of lions head then go back and drive up and if i do i would love to offer them a ride .but i wont know for a couple weeks of training hard .

Caffeine Addict
06-26-2008, 07:52 AM
O.K. I just got a letter today for STP and I am even more excited about this year than before. Lots of great stuff being given away. Now all I need is someone to stand in my place at the after party holding my tickets for the door prizes.:)

steve you got a pm

joe

Brad
06-26-2008, 04:30 PM
I think you need to talk to your boss (Scot) about this. It might be a conflict of interest to have him hold the tickets and also help with the drawing. But, it might give you a bit of an advantage as a thank you for volunteering.

Charlie
06-26-2008, 08:01 PM

hay steve you could make dinner ahead of time and hitch a ride down and go to the party then take the first ride back up in the morning :D

or hike back up after the party and get there by sun rise :eek::eek:

mary
06-26-2008, 11:11 PM
brad....i have every intention of getting my parents up to the summit....*s*....theyre actually very excited and looking forward to it....i saw the picture of your mom in one of your albums....or maybe you were talking about it and posted it....it was a great picture....a picture that speaks volumes....im hoping to grab some great pictures of my mom and dad while up there as well....

Brad
06-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Mary, she liked the picture so much she used if for her Christmas card that year!

Bill O
07-02-2008, 02:47 PM
$60,000 and going strong!

Caffeine Addict
07-02-2008, 05:51 PM
61,000 and still going :D

Brad
07-18-2008, 02:38 PM
We are over $70,000 and still have time left for folks to donate! Wonderful growth compared to last year.

Bill O
07-18-2008, 03:55 PM
We still need to get to $100k!

h2oeco
07-18-2008, 08:59 PM
What was last year's total?

Ed

Brad
07-18-2008, 09:35 PM
I think it was about $62,000.

Steve M
07-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm still working on it! Sending out my last minute plea's.

Charlie
07-19-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm still working on it! Sending out my last minute plea's.

me to
people are betting i will not make it
im putting my $ with them

but all they want is to see me on top and they did not say how to get there :D

Brad
07-19-2008, 04:52 PM
You had better make it! Don't count on me carrying you.

Steve M
07-19-2008, 05:13 PM
me to
people are betting i will not make it
im putting my $ with them

but all they want is to see me on top and they did not say how to get there :D

I will be thinking of you while making those treats so you better make it! I want to be able to shake your hand and congratulate you for a great hike.:)

Charlie
07-19-2008, 06:34 PM
You had better make it! Don't count on me carrying you.

I will be thinking of you while making those treats so you better make it! I want to be able to shake your hand and congratulate you for a great hike.:)

brad is going to have a rope hanging off his back pack so i can hold on and he can pull me up :D

steve make sure the wind is blowing down loins head so i can smeeeeeeell whats cooking :D:D

Steve M
07-19-2008, 08:24 PM
brad is going to have a rope hanging off his back pack so i can hold on and he can pull me up :D

steve make sure the wind is blowing down loins head so i can smeeeeeeell whats cooking :D:D

I'll see what I can do.