PDA

View Full Version : Here I come .....

rockin rex
06-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Well after much discussion and thought I will be joining Seek The Peak 08. Baxter who climbed with me last year will not be doing it this year but instead I will bring my youngest with me, Madison 8 years old, who will try for the first time. He has been up on my back but never on his own power. We will be doing Tucks so anyone who sees a young blonde boy heading up, root him on. Not sure yet how I am going to get him down?? Hopefully he will be able to make the round trip. I just decided that we are coming so I have not been able to raise any money yet. If anyone would be interested in donating to Madison and myself we would greatly appreciate it. Blue dog, any room at your site?? Looking forward to joining you all again for Seek The Peak.

Rockin Rex and Madison

MeridenFF
06-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Good luck to you and your son on his first trip up!

JimS
06-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Congrats on your decision, I'm hoping for a fine day for both of you.

I'm always amazed by the stamina that many of the youngest hikers on mount washington have. I have been lapped on the headwall by hikers 1/4 my age...and I'm not yet 30!

Bill O
06-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Congrats on your decision, I'm hoping for a fine day for both of you.

I'm always amazed by the stamina that many of the youngest hikers on mount washington have. I have been lapped on the headwall by hikers 1/4 my age...and I'm not yet 30!

They always pass me when I'm running because they don't pace themselves very well. Apparently it doesn't matter because the race is over before they run out of energy.

Brad
06-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Rex, great to see you coming back again this year! I have an 8 yr old grandson who wants to climb earlier in July for his first time. We may find a day to do it when I am up. Both grandsons also want to head back into Tuckermans to have lunch on the snow. Might be a busy vacation!

BlueDog
06-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Rex! So glad to hear you're gonna be there. Plenty of room at the campsite for you. In fact, got the same exact spot as last year.

Steve M
06-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Glad you can make it too!

Caffeine Addict
06-24-2008, 12:19 AM
congrats we will see you on the trail

mary
06-24-2008, 04:03 PM
good luck madison!!!