PDA

View Full Version : Sculptured Rocks in Groton

spyboy
07-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Drove over to Sculptured Rocks in Groton, NH to snap some pix.

Decided panos were better :)

I was standing in the middle of the stream for the 3rd shot, that's dedication (and stupidity with a few grand worth of camera gear in my pack and in hand as I started to slide deeper into the stream)

http://www.kmembrydesign.com/sculpturedrocks/

Kirk

BlueDog
07-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Wow! Beautiful stuff Kirk!

Can you enlighten me as to the technical side of how you did these? I'm guessing its a little more than using the Stitch feature in Photoshop. :)

KD Talbot
07-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Never been there, will have to check it out!

KDT

spyboy
07-05-2008, 10:32 PM
If I had an assistant, I might have waded up in to the pools where the rocks are really "sculptured". My equipment would have to be handed down to me after I got into position.

Kirk

M_Six
07-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Wow, cool. I can make myself sick twisting those images around. :cool:

Seriously, what software did you use to stitch those together? And is your website software freeware? I have a 360 of Bermuda taken from the lighthouse that I'd love to have in that format.

Steve M
07-06-2008, 12:13 AM
As always Kirk, Those are great.

spyboy
07-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Autopano Pro, PT Gui, Photoshop and the flash player is KRpano

None of it is freeware. I've spent quite a bit on all the licenses, but I really enjoy taking panos, so to me it was worthwhile (plus I'm starting to get some paid photography gigs from all my work finally :)

Kirk

Wow, cool. I can make myself sick twisting those images around. :cool:

Seriously, what software did you use to stitch those together? And is your website software freeware? I have a 360 of Bermuda taken from the lighthouse that I'd love to have in that format.

JimS
07-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Great Shots...

This place has ranked high on places to visit for a while...now I'm even more inspired!

mary
07-06-2008, 08:51 AM
these are beautiful pictures....a little off topic but somewhat related....has anyone here ever checked out americas stonehenge in new hampshire?....people think im crazy but i love rocks....

spyboy
07-06-2008, 11:14 AM
That's been on my list to visit for years, and I used to work in Salem, just never went.

these are beautiful pictures....a little off topic but somewhat related....has anyone here ever checked out americas stonehenge in new hampshire?....people think im crazy but i love rocks....

Charlie
07-06-2008, 11:46 AM

None of it is freeware. I've spent quite a bit on all the licenses, but I really enjoy taking panos, so to me it was worthwhile (plus I'm starting to get some paid photography gigs from all my work finally :)

Kirk

thanks for showing us your work and it good to see you make some $ for it because it is well worth it

Brad
07-06-2008, 12:40 PM

Kirk
Do you still have that pano you took INSIDE the car? Now that was cool.

spyboy
07-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Yup :)

http://kmembrydesign.com/cartest.html

the black stuff in the driver's window was the masking of the pano head/arm. I forgot to take a shot of that side without the arm so I could edit it out. But this was more a "proof of concept" I did at my friend's photo studio.

Since then, we've built a new arm but I haven't taken any shots yet.

Do you still have that pano you took INSIDE the car? Now that was cool.

KD Talbot
07-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Don't get your hopes up too high.

KDT

Caffeine Addict
07-06-2008, 05:34 PM
great pics thanks for sharing if i had the day off when you went i would have gave you a hand

joe