PDA

View Full Version : Best time to try to get a night at Hermit Lake?

Rise To The Top
07-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Me and my friends want to go camping up in the ravine some time this summer. Are there any dates or times during the week that it would be easy to get a platform/space? That and are there any age restrictions for supervising (ie, must one of us be 18, 21, etc). Thanks, Patrick.

Bill O
07-06-2008, 08:35 PM
During the week is easier, but its first come first served so get to Pinkham early and you have a good shot at a spot. I've never had a problem, but I'm always there early.

Not sure about age restrictions. My friends and I went in high school, I think we were all under 18 and we didn't have a problem. Being a responsible hiker makes a difference.

Rise To The Top
07-06-2008, 09:49 PM
How early? When does the visitor centre open? Thanks, Patrick.

Bill O
07-07-2008, 07:56 AM
They start serving breakfast at Pinkham at 6:30 so they open before that.

I wish I had an exact time that would guarantee a place at Hermit Lake, but I don't know. Just try to get there early, before you put your hiking boots on go reserve a spot then go back to your car and pack. I think you'll be okay. If you're early you will just have that much more time to play on the mountain. If you're going on a weekday I don't think you need to worry as much.