PDA

View Full Version : The Pemi loop

dangergirl
07-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Six of us headed out to attempt the Pemi loop in New Hampshire. We had awesome weather and an awesome time! It was a very challenging three days but it was well worth the effort! We had a blast! The views were so unique from each summit! We were scoping it out for a winter trip! We are hoping to attempt the pemi loop this winter. What time of year is best for the attempt? Also, it seems easy to get lost between Lafayette and Garfield. Any pointers or suggestions would be awesome!
Here is a link to our pics!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kfolcik/sets/72157606050773505/

KD Talbot
07-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Great shots! That's quite a trek. You had perfect weather, it seems. A little hot some days? Buggy? I've been to each peak a few times, but never all in one trip, nice! I prefer the fall, especially the first 2 weeks of October for this kind of hike. Cooler weather, no bugs and the added pleasure of the foliage.

KDT

FisherCat
07-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Nice shots dangergirl! I especially like the one on Flume, one of my favorite peaks. Looking in the background, I don't ever think I've seen so many people on Flume like that ever before.

Steve M
07-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Great pics! I was supposed to do that loop this summer with my cousin and a friend but it got canceled. After seeing these pics I really wish it hadn't.:( Thanks for sharing.