PDA

View Full Version : Welcome!

storygirll
07-21-2008, 08:53 PM
To everyone traveling to our beautiful state for the STP weekend . . . A SAFE JOURNEY TO YOU . . . and welcome to the mountains!!!

I am so looking forward to meeting new friends.
How about little flags on our backpacks to highlight MWOBS forum folks?

>^..^<
storygirll

Charlie
07-21-2008, 08:57 PM
sounds like a good idea with the flag

Caffeine Addict
07-21-2008, 09:24 PM
To everyone traveling to our beautiful state for the STP weekend . . . A SAFE JOURNEY TO YOU . . . and welcome to the mountains!!!

I am so looking forward to meeting new friends.
How about little flags on our backpacks to highlight MWOBS forum folks?

>^..^<
storygirll

so i like the the flag idea as well but they should all be along the same so we know what to look for so what kind of ideas do you have in mind story girl

joe

Brad
07-22-2008, 06:07 AM
I am sure we can find little US flags in a store we all could use. I am hoping to drive up tonight.

mtruman
07-22-2008, 09:14 AM
The flags sound like a good idea. Perhaps next year we could get some kind of STP identifiers in our "goody bag". Something like a plastic luggage tag with the STP logo would probably be good. Perhaps could get a sponsor (like LL Bean) to provide these (with their own plug on the back).

BlueDog
07-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a great idea! Heck, I'd even purchase some sort of flag to be able to hang at the camp site to help identify us there.

storygirll
07-22-2008, 11:11 AM
so i like the the flag idea as well but they should all be along the same so we know what to look for so what kind of ideas do you have in mind story girl

joe
Hey Joe,

I was thinking about the flags on the back of bicycles.
Triangles - brightly colored . . . hot orange, lime green, lemon yellow.
Anything to stand out - to be seen. A shout out "Hello hikers!".

I will actually be sporting my bright red MT. WASHINGTON 6288 Hiked It . . . Liked It bandanna (purchased last week at the summit) tied to the back of my pack.

See you on the trails.

>^..^<

storygirll
07-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Sounds like a great idea! Heck, I'd even purchase some sort of flag to be able to hang at the camp site to help identify us there.
FUN!!!

A great idea!

>^..^<

BlueDog
07-22-2008, 11:34 AM
I will actually be sporting my bright red MT. WASHINGTON 6288 Hiked It . . . Liked It bandanna (purchased last week at the summit) tied to the back of my pack.

I'll be easy to spot with my BlueDog mascot riding along in my backpack.

Charlie
07-22-2008, 03:14 PM
ok how about for the last minute pick we go for the American flag small on your back pack or a red wight and blue bandanna or something along those lines .

then next year a S T P 2009 FLAG

Caffeine Addict
07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
ok how about for the last minute pick we go for the American flag small on your back pack or a red wight and blue bandanna or something along those lines .

then next year a S T P 2009 FLAG

ok sounds good charlie ive got my small American flag and the girl friend
said that she would be glad to make the stp 2009 flags for next year she said it would be like 2 dollars each to cover some of the cost

joe

Charlie
07-22-2008, 07:07 PM
ok sounds good charlie ive got my small American flag and the girl friend
send that she would be glad to make the stp 2009 flags for next she said it would be like 2 dollars each to cover some of the cost

joe

there you go a good start to 2009 STP

BlueDog
07-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Picked up a small flag tonight. Sign me up for the StP ones next year!

Tim&Val
07-22-2008, 09:19 PM
We'll be wearing the red, white & blue as mentioned here, but I have to say that the method used by Brad worked pretty well last year too...

We walked up to him and he said "Hey, are you guys on the forum?" :D

We said "No, but we'll have to do that when we get home" and now I can bother dozen of people at once! ;)

It doesn't need to be difficult!!
V

Brad
07-23-2008, 12:11 AM
I do have to maintain my Chief Cheerleader status.

mtruman
07-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Got a couple of flags for our packs this afternoon. Also tried my hand at some home-made STP laminated "pack tags" with the STP logo and a summit pic. Hopefully you'll get to check them out on the trail. Really looking forward to meeting everyone this weekend!!!