PDA

View Full Version : Good spots to shoot on MW

spyboy
07-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I need to get back up on MW soon, and want to shoot more panos. But, I need everyone's help, in finding good spots to shoot. I've already shot up on the deck, but on the ride up/down on the auto road, I didn't stop anywhere. There must be some great spots along the way to shoot that would make for a fun 360 degree shot.

Any suggestions?

btw: hiking is out, because my left knee is shot right now :(

Kirk

JimS
07-23-2008, 04:13 PM
I was going to Recommend Lowes Bald Spot...but if hiking is out...

There are actually very few places along the road where you can actually see the summit. One spot that provides a good 360 view and a shot of the summit is at the top of 5 mile grade. Five mile is the first long stretch of road that looks like you can tumble a few thousand feet...aka the first scary part. At the end of that, there is a sharp right corner. From that corner, you can see the summit, the wall of tucks, wildcat, some of the northern presis, and the turn in the road. I think it'll work for you...

KD Talbot
07-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Ball Crag is just below the summit on the Nelson Crag Trail and is only about 100 yds off the Auto Road. You'd get the summit building, the Great Gulf, Wildcat Ski Area, Boott Spur. I think it would be great!

KDT

mtruman
07-23-2008, 09:35 PM
The Alpine Garden would be good. You can park along the auto road and and hike down (probably 1/2 mile or so to a really good spot. Not necessarily a perfect 360 summit-wise, but the views across the garden when it's in bloom and the views should be pretty spectacular. Of course you're going to have to wait till next spring if you want the "in full bloom" part...