PDA

View Full Version : stp 09 flags

Caffeine Addict
07-23-2008, 07:51 PM
i know its a bit early to be thinking about stp 09 but i wanted to start this thread to see who might be intrested in a seek the peak flag for the 09 hike it should be right around two dollars for a flag

joe

Brad
07-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Count me in.

mary
07-24-2008, 07:17 AM
this is a very cool idea....well take flags too....and ill probably be needing more as it seems the number of people hiking with us climbs a bit every year!

Caffeine Addict
07-24-2008, 08:07 AM
cool we need to decide on a nice stand out color for the flags

Steve M
07-24-2008, 08:31 AM
cool we need to decide on a nice stand out color for the flags

How about the theme color already being used for the event.

storygirll
07-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Matching flags '09 sound wonderful!
I'll update later for totals.

:D >^..^<

BlueDog
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Count me in for at least one or two!

Charlie
05-21-2009, 09:20 PM
ok its getting closer so did you get your flags yet
i have mine and they look like a pro did them

time is running out

Brad
05-21-2009, 09:46 PM
I have my order in for 4 flags and a date set to pick them up. We picked a day both Diane and Joe are home so we can all get together.

mtruman
05-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I had PMed Diane a long time ago about this and then unfortunately forgot. We'll want 3. Diane had told me that she has PayPal so we should be able to get her the money easily.

MsCntry
05-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Oh Charlie!!! http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/3.gif How sweet of you to lie like that for me!! LOL

Brad, I told Joe about the change in plans, and he asked "Well what if I work another extra sunday??", I said then Brad will hunt you down and kick your butt!! LOL He said thank you you are a great guy.

GGG, How many of your 12 flags do you want on sticks??

Jana, Sticks or no Sticks?? I provide safety pins for the ones with no sticks.

Mark, Yes you still have time!! My PayPal email is mscntry@hotmail.com, but if you prefer you can mail it to me also!! :)

Anyone else wanting flags?? Charlie is so very right!! Time is running out!!

Brad
05-22-2009, 05:32 AM
Mark,

Charlie has already gotten his and says they are really good - plus, they are a lot of work for Diane to make. We need to make sure she gets paid a reasonable amount for these. :cool:

CHRIS
05-22-2009, 06:44 AM
Already had my order in I believe it was for 3. Can't wait to see them. Thanks Diane.

Steve M
05-22-2009, 08:40 AM
I would still like two. I need to hurry and get you some money.

BlueDog
05-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Oh cool! I forgot too. :)

Did you send mine out? If not, no sticks for mine, thanks!

Snow Miser
05-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Count me in for two without sticks. Can you let me know how much they will be. Also, do you mail them to us? I'm not too familiar with using PayPal, do I go onto the website and enter your hotmail address to make a payment? Thanks!

MsCntry
05-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Oh cool! I forgot too. :)

Did you send mine out? If not, no sticks for mine, thanks!
Nope I will go back through the whole posting and write down, again, everyone that ordered flags and contact them in regards to how many flags, stick or no sticks, and payments. I am in the middle of college finals this week, but I have all of next week off, which I plan to get the flags and banner done, so please if you want to order now is the time to do it, because after next week I am back in college and will be really busy!!:D

Already had my order in I believe it was for 3. Can't wait to see them. Thanks Diane.

Yes Chris it was 3, sticks or no sticks??

Count me in for two without sticks. Can you let me know how much they will be. Also, do you mail them to us? I'm not too familiar with using PayPal, do I go onto the website and enter your hotmail address to make a payment? Thanks!

Yes SM, you can either snail mail it to me, or you can go to paypal and enter the email address below :). I was only asking $2 per flag just to cover materials, but not shipping, and if you wanted to make an extra donation on top of the flags, it will be donated to MWO!!

Just wanted to remind everyone of all the ways to contact me, as well as all the payment methods available.

You can PM me, IM me, Snail Mail me, or email me at mscntry@hotmail.com your full name and address, with the number of flags you want, sticks or no sticks, so I can get them mailed to you!! I will take personal checks, postal money orders, and I have PayPal also!! With PayPal, you can use a credit card or a bank account!! My PayPal is under the email addy above, and it is free for you to sign up!! Remember the flags are $2.00 each as to cover the materials bought, but a portion will be donated to MWO!! So if you want to toss in a few more dollars as a donation to MWO, I will make sure it gets added!! If I can't do the hike next year, this is my way to contribute!! Once I get more of the money in, I am opening a MWO savings account, that way everyone knows the money is in good hands until STP 09!!

My info again is :

Email: mscntry@hotmail.com
Yahoo: true1mscntry
MSN: ms_cntry@hotmail.com
AIM: cntrybumkin9

Or if you prefer snail mail:

Diane Gilmore
20 Willow Lane
Tamworth, NH 03886

Really looking forward to STP 09!!:D

CHRIS
05-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Thanks Diane. No I don't need the sticks. If I decide after I get them I want sticks I will just pick some up. Good luck if you can make it to the hike this year.

Snow Miser
05-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the information Diane! I will get an email off to you with my address, etc., and make a payment/donation through PayPal.

BlueDog
05-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks Diane and good luck on your finals!

Caffeine Addict
05-31-2009, 04:35 AM
hmmm do i want sticks or no sticks :confused:

Tim&Val
05-31-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi Diane,

I don't remember if I have chimed in at all about this. If there's still time to order, we would like 4 with sticks. If it's too late, I'll understand!

I hope the finals go/went well!
Thanks,
Valerie

Brad
05-31-2009, 02:26 PM
I will be dropping in at Tamworth tomorrow to pick mine up - and to see Diane & Joe.

WinterWarlock
05-31-2009, 06:26 PM
OK - I feel silly, but I'm not sure what these flags are.:confused::confused:..could someone help enlighten me? This will be my first STP, so I guess I am a little in the dark...

Brad
05-31-2009, 07:50 PM
OK - I feel silly, but I'm not sure what these flags are.:confused::confused:..could someone help enlighten me? This will be my first STP, so I guess I am a little in the dark...
The year before last we had a good turnout from Forum members hiking STP07. But, we did not know each other in person - so, we really did not meet each other till dinner. Even there we were not good at it.

For STP08 we agreed to carry American flags on our packs to at least identify that we were from the Forum. For this year Diane has offered to make orange STP09 flags to pin, clip or tie to our packs. She has asked us to just cover her cost. Some of the extra money folks decide to give her will be given as a donation to the Observatory.

MsCntry
06-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi Diane,

I don't remember if I have chimed in at all about this. If there's still time to order, we would like 4 with sticks. If it's too late, I'll understand!

I hope the finals go/went well!
Thanks,
ValerieVal it isn't too late!! I am actually making the flags next week on my week off from college :)

I will be dropping in at Tamworth tomorrow to pick mine up - and to see Diane & Joe.

The year before last we had a good turnout from Forum members hiking STP07. But, we did not know each other in person - so, we really did not meet each other till dinner. Even there we were not good at it.

For STP08 we agreed to carry American flags on our packs to at least identify that we were from the Forum. For this year Diane has offered to make orange STP09 flags to pin, clip or tie to our packs. She has asked us to just cover her cost. Some of the extra money folks decide to give her will be given as a donation to the Observatory.Brad it was nice meeting you!! I am sorry for my slowness ***blushes*** Thanks for giving WinterWarlock the info!!

hmmm do i want sticks or no sticks :confused: I can tell you where I will shove your sticks :D

WinterWarlock
06-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Brad it was nice meeting you!! I am sorry for my slowness ***blushes*** Thanks for giving WinterWarlock the info!!

So this means you received my order? Awesome - thanks for doing this...

Brad
06-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I had the chance to drop in to pick up my flag order today - and meet Diane for the first time (and their dog). Folks, I saw some of the process Diane goes through to make these and it is a lot of work! The end results are great. She has to finish her exams and papers for her college courses (due tomorrow?) and then she will be focusing on flags for a week. It sounds like she has quite a list to be done.

Thanks Diane!

Steve M
06-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I will be sending out a check to Diane this week for my two flags(without sticks).:)

Snow Miser
06-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Diane, thanks for all your hard work making these flags during your finals. You definitely have a lot on your plate right now. Much appreciated!!!

Caffeine Addict
06-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I can tell you where I will shove your sticks :D[/QUOTE]

mmm that sounds very painful :(

CHRIS
06-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Just cannot imagine the splinters:eek: OUCH!

Brad
06-08-2009, 08:51 AM
That is why Joe said "no sticks" please.

mtruman
06-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Diane -

Just want to be sure that you got my payment via PayPal. Sent it a couple of weeks ago and think I had the right email. Not trying to hurry you in any way - lots of time before STP.

MsCntry
06-08-2009, 11:14 PM
mmm that sounds very painful :(
You know I would be gentle baby :D

Just cannot imagine the splinters:eek: OUCH!
Love it!!! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/20.gif

That is why Joe said "no sticks" please.

Well he posted the question of if he wanted them or not, I was just helping him make up his mind :D

Diane -

Just want to be sure that you got my payment via PayPal. Sent it a couple of weeks ago and think I had the right email. Not trying to hurry you in any way - lots of time before STP.
Yes Mark, I apologize for not emailing you about it. I have been going crazy here, and haven't checked that email in a while. I also received Winter Warlock's and Snow Miser's.

Rich
06-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Wasn't there a picture posted on this thread of what the flags look like? I still want my three flags I ordered last fall. I sent you a PM. Thanks, Diane!

Snow Miser
06-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks Diane!

CHRIS
07-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Has anybody recieved their flags yet that could post a picture? I am patiently awaiting mine and would love to see one. I have heard Dianne did an outstanding job.

BlueDog
07-06-2009, 10:56 AM
:( not yet.

Charlie
07-06-2009, 12:19 PM
i will post one tonight

CHRIS
07-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks Charlie.

Charlie
07-06-2009, 10:13 PM
here they are

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s279/hawk63/IMG_1633.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s279/hawk63/IMG_1634.jpg

CHRIS
07-07-2009, 06:35 AM
Very cool looking flag. I can't wait to get mine. Thanks for posting the picture Charlie.

Snow Miser
07-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Great looking flags! Can't wait to get mine too. Thanks for the photos Charlie.

Brad
07-07-2009, 08:07 PM
I am sure Diane is back at school and busy as ever. I have 2 more flags coming. If you are finding it hard to get them all done on time, do my extra 2 after STP. I can get them later. I already have 2.

Charlie
07-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I am sure Diane is back at school and busy as ever. I have 2 more flags coming. If you are finding it hard to get them all done on time, do my extra 2 after STP. I can get them later. I already have 2.

and i have 3 so if you cant get them done Diane i can give up 2 and then when you get time to make them you can give my my 2 back

Brad
07-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Was playing with my new camera - running the shots from the laptop and viewing them on the laptop to take them - and the object happened to be my STP flags. here is another view of them with sticks

http://images50.fotki.com/v1529/photos/5/8235/7733585/IMG_0392-vi.jpg

CHRIS
07-16-2009, 11:50 AM
They look great. Can't wait to get them.

BlueDog
07-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Diane, rather than ship them out, maybe those of us that haven't gotten them yet can just meet up with you at registration on Friday?

Snow Miser
07-16-2009, 07:51 PM
That works for me if it's good for Diane. Blue Dog, is the registration held during the Kick-Off Party at Flatbread Pizza? And is that when we hand in the General Release Form?

BlueDog
07-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Yup.. they are one in the same.

CHRIS
07-17-2009, 07:19 AM
That sounds good as long as we know what time Diane will be there. I for one cannot stay for the Flat Bread pizza because I have to drive back to Lancaster. But if I know what time I will try to get to the reg. at the same time.

Rich
07-18-2009, 10:45 AM
What ever happened to bagels and a registration table on the West side of the mountain? Someone from STP wanted to know what we thought about it. Guess it's not happening?

Charlie
07-18-2009, 12:02 PM
What ever happened to bagels and a registration table on the West side of the mountain? Someone from STP wanted to know what we thought about it. Guess it's not happening?

well if it is going to happen be there at 3:30 am so Brad and i can have some also :D

Brad
07-18-2009, 01:48 PM
well if it is going to happen be there at 3:30 am so Brad and i can have some also :D
Wrong side of the mountain for us Charlie.

Charlie
07-18-2009, 03:11 PM
ok i was thinking some one said some thing about this a long time ago to do at pinkham notch

opps i was thinking more about a bagel before the hike then what side it was going to be on :eek: