PDA

View Full Version : meeting

Caffeine Addict
07-27-2008, 03:55 PM
it was great to meet everyone i had a great time cant wait to do it all again

joe

KD Talbot
07-27-2008, 04:04 PM
It was nice to meet you, Joe! Always good to put faces on the people you converse on-line with!

KDT

BlueDog
07-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Had such a good time this year.... got to meet Caffeine Addict, KDTalbot, EdO, fifteendays, and more. Nice to see Tim&Val, Rockin Rex again. GGG, thanks for the beer! I'm sure I've missed many others... couldn't imagine any better place to be yesterday!

rockin rex
07-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Nice meeting everyone. Sat at the same table with Brad but didn't realize who it was. Brad thanks so much for archiving the summit cam. Madison and I made the 12:30 picture. Madison said it was the best day he ever had and I second that.

Charlie
07-28-2008, 11:15 AM
it was very nice to see you all and i did miss some of you but i will catch up with you next year

Brad
07-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Nice meeting everyone. Sat at the same table with Brad but didn't realize who it was. Brad thanks so much for archiving the summit cam. Madison and I made the 12:30 picture. Madison said it was the best day he ever had and I second that.
Yes, sorry to not get a chance to meet you officially! We got in a bit late and I was focused on the good food. But we did get a chance to meet some folks and it was great.

Charlie, I assume you got back to PA okay. Did you go to work on Monday or sit in the hot tub all day? Corey and I pulled into Durham, NC at 5:45 PM and I am planning on getting to bed early tonight. We left Maine a couple of minutes after 2:00 AM. It was fun talking through the fantastic day and all that happened. Corey got to review the pictures on the web site as we rode to NC. Actually he kind of liked being online as we were in the car and it might be hard for him to back to the "old way".

rockin rex
07-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Brad, I should have mentioned that it was the cafeteria table up on top of the rock pile where I met you. I enjoyed talking with you but never put two and two together. You will probably remember Madison. He was the young blonde boy looking out the window with he binoculars trying to spot Grahm and Blue Dog coming over ball Crag.

h2oeco
07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Enjoyed meeting all of you too.

Ed

Brad
07-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Brad, I should have mentioned that it was the cafeteria table up on top of the rock pile where I met you. I enjoyed talking with you but never put two and two together. You will probably remember Madison. He was the young blonde boy looking out the window with he binoculars trying to spot Grahm and Blue Dog coming over ball Crag.
Amazing! We were eating at the same table and so focused on food we never really met. Yes, I remember you both.

Charlie
07-28-2008, 08:18 PM
brad i had a 12hr ride home yesterday and i had today off as a recoup day

my legs still have some pain but it was all worth it thanks for the good hike

Brad
07-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Enjoyed meeting all of you too.

Ed
Ed, did I catch a picture of you? If so, Add Comment to identify yourself under the picture..

h2oeco
07-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Don't think you got a picture of me. I was taking pictures as a volunteer on behalf of the observatory, so was at the summit most of the morning, then got a ride down to the base to help setup, and take more pictures. I'll be posting some pictures shortly, and will include one of me.

storygirll
07-28-2008, 09:34 PM
To the forum folks . . .

Brad
Charlie
Kevin, Emma and your wife (sorry, I was so excited - I've forgotten names)
Mark
Tim & Val (neighbor)
Steve

:) While hiking along, the site of an American flag on a pack was pretty neat.
I wouldn't have randomly introduced myself to strangers on a trail but knowing that it was someone from the forum made chatting ok. I am very happy to have met so many of you :D. Until we meet again - safe and happy hiking.

Shelley >^..^<

Charlie
07-28-2008, 09:54 PM
To the forum folks . . .

Brad
Charlie
Kevin, Emma and your wife (sorry, I was so excited - I've forgotten names)
Mark
Tim & Val (neighbor)
Steve

I wouldn't have randomly introduced myself to strangers on a trail but knowing that it was someone from the forum made chatting ok. I am very happy to have met so many of you :D. Until we meet again - safe and happy hiking.

Shelley >^..^<

next year we will have custom made flags for forum members

storygirll
07-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Excellent idea!
They really worked.
>^..^<

Brad
07-29-2008, 05:11 AM
The flags were great. Plus, I looked for the neat white MWO hats and t-shirts from this year and prior years. They all gave clues. In addition, I would just ask if someone was a Seek The Peak-er and take a picture. Folks on the trail are always so great to meet and talk to.

Being more organized and having STP flags would be wonderful.

corey.mcentyre
07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Corey and I pulled into Durham, NC at 5:45 PM and I am planning on getting to bed early tonight. We left Maine a couple of minutes after 2:00 AM. It was fun talking through the fantastic day and all that happened. Corey got to review the pictures on the web site as we rode to NC. Actually he kind of liked being online as we were in the car and it might be hard for him to back to the "old way".

We all know Brad is willing to lug a heavy camera up Mt. Washington, but what surprised me was he *didn't* bring his Thinkpad up the trail. If any of you are wondering, riding in a car while Brad

-does his conference calls
-chats with folks on AIM
-checks the traffic online
-watches the weather
-and .. laughs at my goofy waterski technique video on YouTube

ALL while driving south for 16 hours is in fact fun .. and a little scary.

By the way, this guy who is close to 30 years my senior showed some beautiful slalom technique the morning after STP Mt. Washington:

http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet/sports/waterski/2008/2008-07-27-brad/

... and I'm still walking funny - legs don't work .. when does that end?

Brad
07-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Corey, don't worry. When you pass 60 it all gets easier.

mtruman
08-02-2008, 12:53 PM

I second that. Storygirl was the first forum person that we met and it was cool to hear "Hey, there's a flag. Forum member?". It was a great idea to suggest this. Glad we got to meet you out there along with so many others. Look forward to seeing you next year.

mtruman
08-02-2008, 12:56 PM
it was great to meet everyone i had a great time cant wait to do it all again

joe

Joe,

I just realized that I replied to storygirl's reply and neglected the fact that this was your post. I was good meeting you at the dinner. Saw you on the trail and didn't realize who you were until later. Next year we'll all know each other (and will only have the many new members that we will hopefully pull in to meet for the first time).

Steve M
08-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Don't think you got a picture of me. I was taking pictures as a volunteer on behalf of the observatory, so was at the summit most of the morning, then got a ride down to the base to help setup, and take more pictures. I'll be posting some pictures shortly, and will include one of me.

It was good to meet you up there. I look forward to seeing these pics you took of the event.

Steve M
08-02-2008, 06:31 PM
We all know Brad is willing to lug a heavy camera up Mt. Washington, but what surprised me was he *didn't* bring his Thinkpad up the trail. If any of you are wondering, riding in a car while Brad

-does his conference calls
-chats with folks on AIM
-checks the traffic online
-watches the weather
-and .. laughs at my goofy waterski technique video on YouTube

ALL while driving south for 16 hours is in fact fun .. and a little scary.

By the way, this guy who is close to 30 years my senior showed some beautiful slalom technique the morning after STP Mt. Washington:

http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet/sports/waterski/2008/2008-07-27-brad/

... and I'm still walking funny - legs don't work .. when does that end?

Nice to meet you up there Corey, I hope you join us next year as well!

Brad
08-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Nice to meet you up there Corey, I hope you join us next year as well!
Don't worry about Corey. He is hooked! Plus, he liked the early morning waterskiing.