PDA

View Full Version : 2008 STP Afterglow

Brad
07-27-2008, 07:40 PM
I may have been a bit stiff when I got up this morning - and feel a bit warm from the sun - but STP 2008 was awesome! Thanks to all of you who helped put this together and make it all happen. Each year it gets better and it is a day I look forward to.

It was fun to meet folks in person and see everyone go at their own pace and accomplish a lot. MWO is a very special organization and the staff are a great group of folks. Thanks for letting us actively participate in this event.

Akso, I have to say thank you to the sponsors who help make this event happen and for your ongoing support of the organization throughout the year.

See you next year.

mtruman
08-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Hear, hear! I second all of your sentiments Brad. Realizing how many people work behind the scenes (and in front of them as well) to make this happen makes it that much more awesome. It was a privilege to be a part of it and we can't wait to do it again.

Charlie
08-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Hear, hear ,hear i 3rd that

Steve M
08-02-2008, 06:12 PM
I think I had the best time of all. Not only was I able to volunteer both on the summit for the week and at the base of the auto road but I got to meet so many terrific people both from the MWO and forum members. It was an experience I will always remember... And I have pics to prove it! I too look forward to next year.:)

Brad
08-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I would like to say that Scot did an interesting test at the STP dinner and should be congratulated on a slick idea. He asked the question of us all - how many have a Subaru. We must have had 1/2 to 2/3rds of the adults with their hands up.

The reason this question was so good was it was done in front of the Subaru rep's up from HQs. They saw clearly they have an audience with MWO members who like their product - who will probably buy another of their product. Now that is excellent targeted marketing at its best. The question reinforced that Subaru should continue to sponsor MWO and events like STP. I hope they do as we want the Subaru-MWO relationship to continue and get stronger.

From one of the Subaru owners in the bunch.

BlueDog
08-04-2008, 02:26 PM
And to note... that there is a high possibility that I will be raising my hand if that question is asked next year. For one, their involvement and support is impressive. The product is now to a level that 'badge snobs' like myself that think only the Germans can build a high quality car, will give the car a second look.Between my folks and myself we've had 5 generations of Audi cars, but the new Forrester is really calling to me. :)

And if the folks from Subaru are reading this... their support for MWO is a factor that is weighing high on my decision scale.

Bill O
08-04-2008, 04:48 PM
I would like to say that Scot did an interesting test at the STP dinner and should be congratulated on a slick idea. He asked the question of us all - how many have a Subaru. We must have had 1/2 to 2/3rds of the adults with their hands up.

You should see what the staff at the Obs drives. When I was an intern it was quite impressive.

Both the interns had Subarus and 3 of the 4 observers drove one.