PDA

View Full Version : STP 2008 - Debi, Tim and Valerie

Tim&Val
07-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi!

Here's our weekend report from STP!

http://www.barkeater.ws/NH48/images/MtWashington/20080726/STP2008Frames.asp

It was great to see friends from last year again, and to put faces to new friends whom we've talked with on this forum for the last year!

Congratulations to my sister Debi for successfully completing a goal that she's had for herself for many years!! She did an incredible job!

Valerie

KD Talbot
07-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I was sure the reason you guys never showed was the thunder and lightning. We rode it out, dry and relatively safe under the shelter! :)

Great pics! Nice job everyone!

KDT

rockin rex
07-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Tim and Val it was great getting to meet you and your family. Your pictures are incredible! With all these Seek The Peak pictures I sit here and long to be back in the Whites. What a day we all had. How many days till Seek The Peak 09. Blue Dog you have the count down going, correct ???????

Brad
07-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Tim and Val it was great getting to meet you and your family. Your pictures are incredible! With all these Seek The Peak pictures I sit here and long to be back in the Whites. What a day we all had. How many days till Seek The Peak 09. Blue Dog you have the count down going, correct ???????
I started the widget back up with the 2009 date all set. It is counting down.

BlueDog
07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
I'll get it updated sometime this week. I still have tons of pictures to sort through first! :)

Charlie
07-30-2008, 07:22 PM

tim&val that is a nice trip report and very nice pictures

rex i get the same thing and want to be sitting on my spot looking around again :D

mtruman
08-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Great pics and TR Debi,Tim&Val. Congratulations to Debi on a first successful hike up! It was good to meet you guys at the dinner. From Brads pictures it looks like we just missed you on the way up Lions Head. Probably would have seen you right behind us if we'd been able to get our eyes off the views ahead all the way up. I can certainly see why this is Tim's favorite route. Look forward to seeing you all next year (if we don't run into you in the mountains in the mean time).

M_Six
08-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Awesome pics and a great presentation. I *really* need to plan in a trip to New England for a STP weekend. Your pics remind me of the many hikes we took as kids. :cool:

Brad
08-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Awesome pics and a great presentation. I *really* need to plan in a trip to New England for a STP weekend. Your pics remind me of the many hikes we took as kids. :cool:
Mark,

You would certainly enjoy participating in STP weekend. It is always fun to get out and be on Mt Washington. But to do it with 250 others for a great cause just makes the whole event so much more special.

It is easy to send off a check to a worthy cause and know the contribution will be used well. But, all you did was sign a check. With STP you are right in there with them since you are participating in the fundraising. It is a wonderful feeling of both accomplishment (for the hike and the fundraising) and the contribution going to a great organization.

M_Six
08-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Mark,

You would certainly enjoy participating in STP weekend. It is always fun to get out and be on Mt Washington. But to do it with 250 others for a great cause just makes the whole event so much more special.

It is easy to send off a check to a worthy cause and know the contribution will be used well. But, all you did was sign a check. With STP you are right in there with them since you are participating in the fundraising. It is a wonderful feeling of both accomplishment (for the hike and the fundraising) and the contribution going to a great organization.

Oh, no doubt. :cool: I did support a hiker this year (and last year), but I hear ya, being there is the way to go. :D

Steve M
08-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi!

Here's our weekend report from STP!

http://www.barkeater.ws/NH48/images/MtWashington/20080726/STP2008Frames.asp

It was great to see friends from last year again, and to put faces to new friends whom we've talked with on this forum for the last year!

Congratulations to my sister Debi for successfully completing a goal that she's had for herself for many years!! She did an incredible job!

Valerie

Since I didn't get to meet you last year it was good to meet you guys this year.