PDA

View Full Version : Tuckerman Brewing Company

Mike D
08-11-2008, 10:37 AM
People helping other people is one way you could describe what it means to be a non-profit organization. The Tuckerman Brewing Company has helped the Observatory in the past by providing material and financial support. We were saddened to learn that a staff member there has a 4 year old daughter named Summer who was diagnosed with leukemia and is undergoing chemotherapy.

On August 21, Flatbread Pizza in North Conway will be holding a fundraiser at 4 pm, where a portion of each pizza will go to Summer's family. There will be live music with a small cover and a silent auction, both of which will benefit her family.

Another way to help Summer would be to support their business. If you enjoy their Headwall Alt, Pale Ale, or the 6288 Stout, you could help their business and Summer at one of these stores: http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/dealers.cfm

Mike

mtruman
08-11-2008, 11:05 AM
For those that can't make the fundraiser there should be a place to directly send contributions. It would sure be nice for all of us "friends of the OBS" to give some support back to someone who has been supporting us - particularly in this situation.

Steve M
08-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Can Tuckerman's brewing company ship beer to Florida? If so I might be able to rally the troops down here and place a nice size order.

h2oeco
08-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Mike,

How hard would it be to set Summer up as a "hiker" using the STP guts, so that more remote people could give money on her behalf?

Ed

Mike D
08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Good thought Ed, however Summer's family would happily receive donations directly at this address:

Summer Mohla
216 West Shore Drive
Silver Lake, NH 03875

h2oeco
08-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for providing an address Mike.

Ed

rockin rex
08-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Tuckermans really is an amazing brewery. If I lived in N.H. that is the only beer I would drink besides Moat Mountain. Tuckermans really does step and support the OBS. Thanks Tuckermans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie
08-12-2008, 07:22 PM
i having a tucks brew right now

this is how i can help ;)

i like Steve's idea about shipping it it is a long drive to get something to drink :eek: