PDA

View Full Version : my trip up mt whiteface 8/20

Caffeine Addict
08-20-2008, 08:45 PM
it was a great day for hiking not to hot not to cold so i decide to climb mt whiteface to me it had a few tough spots but i made it pictures can be seen here http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m361/Caffeine_Addict71/mt%20whiteface/ i hope you all enjoy

joe

Charlie
08-20-2008, 09:08 PM
looks like you had a good day

Brad
08-20-2008, 09:13 PM
You finally got a great day for your hike! Wow

KD Talbot
08-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Blueberry Ledge Trail is a challenging trail. Nice job! Nice pics! My only negative comment would be that you need to get something other than cotton to hike in! :) You'll find the synthetics much cooler and they wick the sweat away from your body. If they get wet they dry very quickly. In the mountains there is a saying "Cotton Kills!" If you get drenched in a downpour it takes a long time for cotton to dry and this can lead to hypothermia very quickly.

I'm only sayin' this 'cause I care! :)

KDT

Caffeine Addict
08-20-2008, 09:28 PM
thanks for the comments and ill look into getting some synthetics for my future
hikes and i did find the blueberry ledge trail was very challenging trail

joe

Charlie
08-21-2008, 08:49 PM
thanks for the comments and ill look into getting some synthetics for my future
hikes and i did find the blueberry ledge trail was very challenging trail

joe

the synthetics work nice i have underwear i use on hot days at work ,there is nothing like working with wet underwear :eek:

when i was on the STP hike i had all three shirt ,shorts /pants ,underwear and wool socks .i was wet then when we stopped and took a break i dried up quick :D

Brad
08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
You said you hit the hot tub after the hike!

TrishandAlex
08-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks for sharing your many nice pictures. Congrats on your hike! After so many wash-out days, it must have felt really nice to get out and have a clear day.

Bretton Woods Brat
08-23-2008, 05:24 AM
Beautiful day Joe! Are you slimming down for all the hiking your doing? :) If so, I'm jealous.

Charlie
08-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Beautiful day Joe! Are you slimming down for all the hiking your doing? :) If so, I'm jealous.

meto i wish i lived up there then i could slim down hiking with you :D

some day ;)

MsCntry
08-23-2008, 09:38 PM

He burns a lot of calories, and doing Whiteface, he drank almost 2 liters of water. But he still has his belly :D Maybe it's the every other week chocolate chip cookies I bake?? Could be my terrible Southern Belle cooking from scratch?? ROFL Maybe it is the homemade bread?? UMMMM no he usually only gets one slice of that before the dog and I eat the rest HaHaHaHa

It's all good!! I love him just the way he is!!:D

Caffeine Addict
08-23-2008, 09:42 PM
"Could be my terrible Southern Belle cooking from scratch" mmm cant remeber the last time that happened :D

Brad
08-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Ms,

All that may be true. But, you do not want to hear him whining after STP 09 the hike was not easy?

MsCntry
08-23-2008, 10:26 PM
"Could be my terrible Southern Belle cooking from scratch" mmm cant remember the last time that happened :D

Ms,

All that may be true. But, you do not want to hear him whining after STP 09 the hike was not easy?

I don't think you want to go there Mr Craigs list addict LOL

He didn't whine after STP 08, but he has been since his rained out event when he twisted his ankle :rolleyes:

forestgnome
08-26-2008, 05:58 AM
Very nice! I'm looking forward to my first hike up Blueberry Ledge. Thanks!

happy trails :)