PDA

View Full Version : Flags, Flags, and More Flags!!

MsCntry
08-20-2008, 11:34 PM
I am getting more material thursday to start on the flags. I will post a picture of the first one to give you an idea of what they will be!! I am just going to put STP or Seek the Peak on them, so they can be used for more than one hike. Is that ok with everyone?? So if you are wanting a Forum Member ID STP Flag, Let me know, so I can get a estimate of how many we need!! We were thinking $2 a flag should cover the materials.:)

Thanks everyone!!!:D

Diane

Brad
08-21-2008, 05:53 AM
I will take 4 flags. (One for each hand.)

CHRIS
08-21-2008, 07:05 AM
I will be wanting 3 flags

Steve M
08-21-2008, 08:16 AM
I will take 4 flags. (One for each hand.)

Brad, last time I saw you you only had 2 hands...did you recently grow 2 more?

I will need 2 thanks.

Brad
08-21-2008, 06:37 PM
One should always have spares.

Great Guinness Ghost
08-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Maybe I missed something in my brief absence from the forum. What are these flags you speak of? They sound cool anyhow so I'll take two.

Caffeine Addict
08-21-2008, 07:55 PM
hey ggg my other have is going to be making flags for stp 09 so we know who the forum members are out on the trails during stp

joe

Charlie
08-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I am getting more material thursday to start on the flags. I will post a picture of the first one to give you an idea of what they will be!! I am just going to put STP or Seek the Peak on them, so they can be used for more than one hike. Is that ok with everyone?? So if you are wanting a Forum Member ID STP Flag, Let me know, so I can get a estimate of how many we need!! We were thinking $2 a flag should cover the materials.:)

Thanks everyone!!!:D

Diane

a question how will we get the flags
-- i say you can mail them and we can pay you for the postage
-- or if we are in your town we can pick them up

-- we can put them on a stick so it will be easy to ship

what color will the flag be and what will the letters be
if you keep a space on the bottom 3rd of the flag then we can put the year we were hiking

i will take 3 and thanks for taking the time to do this

Brad
08-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I would like mine delivered to my house. Bring a bathing suit.

Charlie
08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I would like mine delivered to my house. Bring a bathing suit.

ok i can bring brad his :D

but what if its winter :eek:

Brad
08-21-2008, 09:10 PM
ok i can bring brad his :D

but what if its winter :eek:
Bring your bathing suit anyway.

Tim&Val
08-21-2008, 09:18 PM
We'll take three!!

Tim&Valerie&Debi

Charlie
08-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Bring your bathing suit anyway.

you never said you had a hot tub :D

MsCntry
08-22-2008, 01:41 AM
a question how will we get the flags
-- i say you can mail them and we can pay you for the postage
-- or if we are in your town we can pick them up

-- we can put them on a stick so it will be easy to ship

what color will the flag be and what will the letters be
if you keep a space on the bottom 3rd of the flag then we can put the year we were hiking

i will take 3 and thanks for taking the time to do this

All good questions Charlie!!! Who ever is getting flags, just PM your full name and address to me, or you can email it to me at mscntry@hotmail.com. You can pay through PayPal, Check, Postal Money Order. Postage is cheap, I don't think that should be a problem ;) Yes, I can get dowel rods if you want sticks, but I figured a safety pin or 2 would be better, less chance of it catching a branch, or any other sharp object.

The flags are going to be orange, the official color of STP. I have several colors of paint for lettering and such. If you prefer a certain color just let me know!!
No Problem Brian!! I will get crackin' and get them done for you, so when Joe and I come up you will already!!

Diane

Brad
08-22-2008, 05:43 AM
I hiked STP and the other day with my flag on a stick stuck in my pack. It worked fine for MW trails. It would be a problem on other mountains for sure. I like the no stick approach.

Charlie, I never mentioned my 20 person hot tub - because I do not have a hot tub. But, when you come in the winter I can use a chainsaw to cut a hole in the ice for you to go swimming in the lake. Early in the winter is better or I will have to find a bigger chainsaw since the ice gets real thick (over 3 feet thick most winters).

mary
08-22-2008, 08:45 AM
ill take 5 flags....this is a very cool idea....thank you for your time and effort....i might be needing more flags as the hike gets closer....stp fever is catchy!

MeridenFF
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
I will def need two of them. And since I know that GGG will be saying he will want some two you can just make mine a total of four and I will give him the other ones. Let me know where you need the money sent to and when. Thanks this is a great idea. I had a similar idea but I think this is better. Thanks again. Kevin (Meridenff)

Great Guinness Ghost
08-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Kevin I had a thought, and actually typed it before I forgot. Next year our STP party is going to be larger than this year so why dont we place an order for a dozen flags. Then when Diane needs the money for them.....ROAD TRIP!!
A great excuse to stock up on some 6288 stout while we're up there wouldn't you say? That is Diane if it's okay with you. If so sign us up for a dozen!!

Charlie
08-22-2008, 08:41 PM
hay if you need help i can help

i will tell my wife that you need help lifting something heavy and you asked for help :D

Great Guinness Ghost
08-22-2008, 08:44 PM
hay if you need help i can help

i will tell my wife that you need help lifting something heavy and you asked for help :D

Consider yourself officially asked for help,...12 ozs. at a time!

MsCntry
08-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Kevin I had a thought, and actually typed it before I forgot. Next year our STP party is going to be larger than this year so why dont we place an order for a dozen flags. Then when Diane needs the money for them.....ROAD TRIP!!
A great excuse to stock up on some 6288 stout while we're up there wouldn't you say? That is Diane if it's okay with you. If so sign us up for a dozen!!

Well as I said, I just picked up some more cloth, and I can always get more!!! Order as many as you like!!:D

As for the stick or no stick issue, How about a compromise?? I will make a sleeve for the stick, if you want a stick, walmart sells dowels in the crafts dept for like 28 to 80 cents, and you can get 3-4 sticks out of each one. Is this ok with everyone?? I will get the dowel size, so you know what to get:)

Oh!! I forgot something in my last post!! Thank you Charlie for the compliment and encouragement!! I love doing crafts, especially for a great cause :p Everyone is so nice also!! That makes me more happy to do this!! I think I will make a large banner, to match the flags also!! That way everyone knows where we will be, and who we are :D

Thank you Mary also!!

Thanks again!! Diane

rockin rex
08-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Let meridan and G.G.G carry the banner and then we will all be able to see where the beer is while we are hiking up :) In reference to flags I would like
4 please. One for me and then three for the kids. Thanks so much for doing this. It will be great seeing all the flags for S.T.P. Remember to make a few extra for the bridges on the way up. That flag left on the bridge was really neat.

Charlie
08-23-2008, 10:15 AM
I think I will make a large banner, to match the flags also!! That way everyone knows where we will be, and who we are :D

Thanks again!! Diane

and the banner can go over the table that the forum hikers are sitting at :D

It will be great seeing all the flags for S.T.P. Remember to make a few extra for the bridges on the way up. That flag left on the bridge was really neat.

the flag on the bridges were a cool thing

now who did it :rolleyes:

and this should be done on all the trails that forum members go on [ some where nice ] and make sure some one picks them up on the way down ,we dont want to make any one mad about this :eek:

MsCntry
08-23-2008, 10:55 PM
and the banner can go over the table that the forum hikers are sitting at :D

That is what I was thinking, because the little signs they had on the table were nice, but no one knew about them!! So I figure the banner will let everyone know that the table is there just for forum members!! :p

the flag on the bridges were a cool thing

now who did it :rolleyes:

and this should be done on all the trails that forum members go on [ some where nice ] and make sure some one picks them up on the way down ,we dont want to make any one mad about this :eek: I have no problem making extras just for that purpose :) How many do you think??

Brad
08-24-2008, 07:15 AM
On the Tux side there are 3 bridges which work well. They are cross whether you go up and down Lions Head or the Headwall. We will need to either designate a person to get them on the way down - or pick a time when anyone grabs them if they are still out after that time.

Charlie
08-24-2008, 10:37 AM
On the Tux side there are 3 bridges which work well. They are cross whether you go up and down Lions Head or the Headwall. We will need to either designate a person to get them on the way down - or pick a time when anyone grabs them if they are still out after that time.

good idea brad this can be worked out closer to that day

you can put my flag count up to 6 that way i can put some out if im the first to hit a trail

mtruman
08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
We'll take 3. Having the flags for forum members this year was great and the custom made flags will make it even better. Thanks for doing this Diane.

I'm also going to try to work on the OBS staff to recruit one of the sponsors to provide a more permanent "pack tag" for all participants (not just forum members) that they can leave on their pack. I made a couple for our packs this year with the STP and OBS logo on one side and a photo of the summit on the other (photos in a laminated pouch). They were on our packs last week in Acadia and I had a couple of people ask me what STP was. More free advertising for next year's event. I would think that Subaru or one of the other sponsors would be glad to contribute these to get their own free advertising on the back... I'll post of picture of the prototypes when I can find them among the archives.

Rich
08-26-2008, 02:05 PM
We'll take 3. Having the flags for forum members this year was great and the custom made flags will make it even better. Thanks for doing this Diane.

They were on our packs last week in Acadia and I had a couple of people ask me what STP was.

Well, where is that trip report and pics from Acadia I asked for?

Rich
08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Diane,
I'll take 5 flags please. Thanks!

mtruman
08-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Well, where is that trip report and pics from Acadia I asked for?

It's coming. We just got home last night and I've got about 1000 pictures (literally) to process, sort, upload, etc. The short story is that it was an amazing week with lots of perfect weather, hiking, biking and paddling. More within the next day or so - I promise...

MsCntry
08-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Only a total of 60 flags so far including bridge flags?? Where are all my brave bold hikers??? LOL :p:D

Depending on the total of flags ordered, I have decided (with a suggestion ;) ) that part of the money raised will be donated to MWO STP 09!!! Hopefully that will encourage more flag orders!!

I am sure the total will climb much higher as we get closer to STP 09!! Can't wait!! Don't forget, PM me or email me at mscntry@hotmail.com your full name and address, with the number of flags you want, so I can get them mailed to you!! I will reply with where to send the money. I will take personal checks, postal money orders, and I have PayPal also!! With PayPal, you can use a credit card or a bank account!! My PayPal is under the email addy above, and it is free for you to sign up!! Remember the flags are $2.00 each as to cover the materials bought, but a portion will be donated to MWO!! So if you want to toss in a few more dollars as a donation to MWO, I will make sure it gets added!! If I can't do the hike next year, this is my way to contribute!!

faegilr
08-27-2008, 07:27 AM
What do the flags look like? I rarely look up when I'm hiking since I have a tendency to fall down if I don't pay attention to the rocks in front of me.

mtruman
08-27-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm also going to try to work on the OBS staff to recruit one of the sponsors to provide a more permanent "pack tag" for all participants (not just forum members) that they can leave on their pack. I made a couple for our packs this year with the STP and OBS logo on one side and a photo of the summit on the other (photos in a laminated pouch). They were on our packs last week in Acadia and I had a couple of people ask me what STP was. More free advertising for next year's event. I would think that Subaru or one of the other sponsors would be glad to contribute these to get their own free advertising on the back... I'll post of picture of the prototypes when I can find them among the archives.

Here's the prototype pack tag:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/mtruman42/SLVdYNGFhPI/AAAAAAAAEVU/45ZL8Y4_XTE/s800/IMG_1314.JPG

And of course the well dressed "forum member pack" (with a little free advertising for one of our sponsors). Can't wait for the official forum member flags next year...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/mtruman42/SLVdX7xLb3I/AAAAAAAAEVM/Or5Q0StIOYc/s800/IMG_1305.JPG

BlueDog
08-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Please put me down for three flags!

MsCntry
08-28-2008, 01:29 AM
What do the flags look like? I rarely look up when I'm hiking since I have a tendency to fall down if I don't pay attention to the rocks in front of me.

I have a 5 day weekend starting tomorrow, so in between exams and homework, I will make one and get it posted. They will be approximately 5in X 7in Orange cloth, with STP and/or Seek the Peak on them with various decorations on them. :)

MsCntry
09-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Here are the two designs to choose from!! I know the bugs are cute, but I think I like the black and orange better. I do have other colors I can paint the black and orange. The front and back will look like both of these, but in the same design :) SO let's take a vote........ Which would look better on the trail??? Oh yes!! These are 9X10 3/4. Do we think a tad smaller?? Or perfect??

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/mscntry/Flags/STPflag2.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/mscntry/Flags/STPflag1.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/mscntry/Flags/STPflagonpack.jpg

mtruman
09-07-2008, 12:57 PM
My vote is for the orange one. Looks great on your pack! Thanks again for doing these - it will be great seeing all the forum member flags on the mountain next year.

MsCntry
09-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Ok, I have been talking to a few others, and as I thought they are slightly too big. Since 5X7 was too small, but 9X10 3/4 is too big, I think a 7X9 should be just right. So let's vote on which design we like better, and I will see if I can find a solid orange (the color of the STP page) and I will get to sewing!! If you like either of the cloths used in the pictures, just let me know, and I will make your flags of which ever you like:)

Thanks Mark, I really enjoyed making them!! Joe's pack stays loaded, so it was the perfect target to put the flag on for a pic LOL.

So far we have:

3 for the Black and orange

1 for the bugs

Great Guinness Ghost
09-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Ok, I have been talking to a few others, and as I thought they are slightly too big. Since 5X7 was too small, but 9X10 3/4 is too big, I think a 7X9 should be just right. So let's vote on which design we like better, and I will see if I can find a solid orange (the color of the STP page) and I will get to sewing!! If you like either of the cloths used in the pictures, just let me know, and I will make your flags of which ever you like:)

Thanks Mark, I really enjoyed making them!! Joe's pack stays loaded, so it was the perfect target to put the flag on for a pic LOL.

So far we have:

3 for the Black and orange

1 for the bugs
I vote for the black and orange for mine please. Thanks!

MsCntry
09-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone!! I have been to every fabric store I could find. The closest thing I could find to a solid orange, is pictured below. So I will let you choose which fabric you want for your flags, because I have plenty now!! LOL

An Update on the votes:

Black and Orange : 7

Bugs : 1

So just PM, IM, or email me with your name, address, number of flags, and fabric that you want, and I will get to work!!:D

My info again is :

Email: mscntry@hotmail.com
Yahoo: true1mscntry
MSN: ms_cntry@hotmail.com
AIM: cntrybumkin9

Or if you prefer snail mail:

Diane Gilmore
20 Willow Lane
Tamworth, NH 03886

Just make sure you give me your forum name, so I know who it came from :D And as I said, I am donating a portion of the money for the flags to MWO, so if you want to add a $1 or $2 for donation, I will be more than happy to add it!!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/mscntry/Flags/b0825aa4.jpg

Steve M
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
If Diane is going to be mailing these flags to everyone, lets not forget to send her a little extra to handle postage unless she has already figured that into the cost of the flags....Diane?

MsCntry
09-08-2008, 11:05 PM
If Diane is going to be mailing these flags to everyone, lets not forget to send her a little extra to handle postage unless she has already figured that into the cost of the flags....Diane?
You can if you like, but the flags are fairly light, so it shouldn't be too much :)

Charlie
09-10-2008, 08:06 PM
just a thought how about you put on the bottom Forum Member and then if people want we can have our name on them ????

MsCntry
09-10-2008, 08:16 PM
just a thought how about you put on the bottom Forum Member and then if people want we can have our name on them ????

That can be done too, if you like.:)

MsCntry
09-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone of all the ways to contact me, as well as all the payment methods available.

You can PM me, IM me, Snail Mail me, or email me at mscntry@hotmail.com your full name and address, with the number of flags you want, so I can get them mailed to you!! I will reply with where to send the money. I will take personal checks, postal money orders, and I have PayPal also!! With PayPal, you can use a credit card or a bank account!! My PayPal is under the email addy above, and it is free for you to sign up!! Remember the flags are $2.00 each as to cover the materials bought, but a portion will be donated to MWO!! So if you want to toss in a few more dollars as a donation to MWO, I will make sure it gets added!! If I can't do the hike next year, this is my way to contribute!! Once I get more of the money in, I am opening a MWO savings account, that way everyone knows the money is in good hands until STP 09!!;)

My info again is :

Email: mscntry@hotmail.com

Diane Gilmore
20 Willow Lane
Tamworth, NH 03886

Really looking forward to STP 09!! :D

MsCntry
12-14-2008, 08:29 PM
I have been so occupied with college and trying to keep afloat in bills and such, the flags have kind of gone of to the side, but not forgotten!! :D I have a bunch of material cut and ready to go!! I have received payment from 3 people, so the bank account is being opened Monday (Dec 15th)

If anyone else wants STP 09 flags, or more flags, just let me know!!
I will get my list together here shortly, but first I have to finish my final thesis papers (2) and an exam all due by Tuesday!!

Just wanted to remind everyone of all the ways to contact me, as well as all the payment methods available.

You can PM me, IM me, Snail Mail me, or email me at mscntry@hotmail.com your full name and address, with the number of flags you want, so I can get them mailed to you!! I will reply with where to send the money. I will take personal checks, postal money orders, and I have PayPal also!! With PayPal, you can use a credit card or a bank account!! My PayPal is under the email addy above, and it is free for you to sign up!! Remember the flags are $2.00 each as to cover the materials bought, but a portion will be donated to MWO!! So if you want to toss in a few more dollars as a donation to MWO, I will make sure it gets added!! If I can't do the hike next year, this is my way to contribute!! Once I get more of the money in, I am opening a MWO savings account, that way everyone knows the money is in good hands until STP 09!!

My info again is :

Email: mscntry@hotmail.com (PayPal email also)

Diane Gilmore
20 Willow Lane
Tamworth, NH 03886

Really looking forward to STP 09!!

CHRIS
12-15-2008, 06:55 AM
Good luck on your thesis.

BlueDog
12-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Take all the time you need Diane... :) Good luck your thesis and exam!

MsCntry
12-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Good luck on your thesis.

Take all the time you need Diane... :) Good luck your thesis and exam!

Thanks!! I just switched my major from Health Science to Psychology, so it is only gunna get tougher from here!! I told my pain Dr about my new major Psychology with a focus on substance abuse, and I was told they need me after graduation!! LOL :D

I promise I won't let anyone down!! All of the flags WILL be ready before they are needed!!!