PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a video...

Rich
08-22-2008, 04:26 PM
A while back I saw an experiment done by Stacey on why the sky is blue (and other colors). It was a video but I can't seem to locate it now. Does anyone remember this? Not sure if it was an Obscast or a link. Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich
08-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Anyone? Anyone?

Knapper
08-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Rich-

I emailed my coworkers last night since we have a list of obscasts descriptions we have done in the past about this. I also looked through our comments and our youtube account. We do not have said video about the sky being blue yet. You might be mixing another video you saw on youtube or another site for something we did. But two things, we did write a Windswept article about this not too long ago so you may be mixing what you read up with what you think you saw. And I say "yet" because in emailing about this topic, it gave the current up crew the idea to use it this week in the obscast.

I hope this helps out.

Bill O
08-23-2008, 03:27 PM
I remember, its an ObsCast or it was on YouTube on the mwoobserver account.

My overwhelming feeling is that it was an ObsCast. Start searching.

Rich
08-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm positive it was an Obscast and I've looked and looked. I would like to use it with my Scouts.

Knapper
08-24-2008, 01:36 AM
I will be heading to the summit Sunday and I will double check for you all and report that night if I find anything. I am admin on our youtube site, so I can say 100% that it is not there. Stacey did write an arcticle on it last Windswept since I looked through that today. As for the Obscast...we will find out tomorrow....

Rich
08-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks for all your help, Ryan!

Yup, that's where I saw it...in Windswept! Now I'm really looking forward to tomorrows Obscast!

Knapper
08-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Good to know Staceys writing is so good it feels like a video. Especially since I just searched the database and did not find a video about the sky being blue. But they said thanks for the idea and they will either use it this week or in the coming weeks as an obscast idea for their shift.

Cheers

Brad
08-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Now comes the key NC question - is the sky Carolina Blue or Duke Blue?

BlueDog
08-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Sorry to tell you brad, but the proper full name for it is Virginia Blue Ridge. Its very vibrant up here and what I'm guessing is that by the time it gets down to you its all washed out and faded, otherwise known as Carolina Blue. :D

Patrad Fischroy
08-25-2008, 09:58 AM
More properly it is wildcat blue

http://www.unhwildcats.com/