PDA

View Full Version : Hey!!

walt
09-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Trying to get some info quick before we leave today, the girlfriend and I want to ride our motorcycles to the mountain but not sure if it will be too windy to go to the summit on the bikes...it looks pretty windy this morning butdoes it tend to slow down a bit in the afternoon hours? Thanks in advance!!

bclark
09-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Hopefully this info is not too late....

I am not sure what the Auto Road's criteria are for not allowing bikes up the road. My suggestion is to call the Auto Road directly at 603-466-3988.

It is a bit "breezy" up here this morning with sustained winds around 55-60 and gusts up to 70 and even a little higher. On this particular day, the winds are being forecasted to diminish slightly this afternoon, down to the 45-60 mph range. However I would not call it typical by any means to see calmer winds in the afternoon on the summit. Fluctuations in wind speed occurr constantly on the summit, regardless of the time of day.

Hope that helps and hope you get to make it to the summit today. If you do, look into becoming a member and getting a tour (it will either be from me or my intern Mike). Going into the top of the tower on a day like today is always a unique experience!

Bill O
09-01-2008, 01:00 PM
For the future, you might get more timely responses if you use a more descriptive thread title than "Hey"