PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

h2oeco
09-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Anyone in the path of Hanna or one of the other tropical storms/hurricanes? It looks like it could be up by me (coast of NJ) by Saturday, based on the current forecast...

MsCntry
09-03-2008, 01:39 AM
My best friend and her boyfriend drive a semi, and were in Baton Rouge for Gustov, My mom is on the coast in Texas, and We here in New Hampshire, are also in the predicted path of Hannah. Then there are 2 more behind Hannah which are too far out to predict!!:eek:

Bill O
09-03-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm in the predicted path of Hanna. It is now forecast to be a tropical storm when it crosses this area late Saturday night. I'm looking forward to it. The only problem is that the storm is getting trashed by upper levels winds right now.

Brad
09-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Here is a nice web ste for tracking the hurricanes

http://www.wral.com/weather/hurricanes/

Bill O
09-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Here is the official, advertisement free, where everybody else gets their data from website:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Steve M
09-03-2008, 07:54 AM
It is interesting how the models keep calling for Hanna to pull out and head NW and yet on satellite loops it looks like it is being destroyed and pushed farther SE. I was hoping for a Jacksonville landfall so I could go over and pay her a visit.:)

Bill O
09-03-2008, 08:05 AM
It is interesting how the models keep calling for Hanna to pull out and head NW and yet on satellite loops it looks like it is being destroyed and pushed farther SE. I was hoping for a Jacksonville landfall so I could go over and pay her a visit.:)

I can't even find the center of Hanna on satellite right now. It got completely destroyed last night.

Brad
09-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Here is the official, advertisement free, where everybody else gets their data from website:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
Thanks for the link

Bill O
09-03-2008, 10:18 AM
GFDL model brings Hanna over my area as a TS with 60kt winds at 35m. Given the warm water and storm track I could see those winds mixing down to the surface along the CT coast in some of the stronger rain showers.

Steve M
09-03-2008, 09:00 PM
GFDL model brings Hanna over my area as a TS with 60kt winds at 35m. Given the warm water and storm track I could see those winds mixing down to the surface along the CT coast in some of the stronger rain showers.

With that kind of winds you all should be concerned about some of the weaker trees and branches falling as well as Isolated tornadoes and power outages. Of course, lots of rain and some flooding as well.

Back in the 80's, when Gloria came through CT I can remember the trees that went down and all the flooding. We had a dam break that re-designed the golf course in town.

Bill O
09-03-2008, 09:12 PM
With that kind of winds you all should be concerned about some of the weaker trees and branches falling as well as Isolated tornadoes and power outages. Of course, lots of rain and some flooding as well.

Back in the 80's, when Gloria came through CT I can remember the trees that went down and all the flooding. We had a dam break that re-designed the golf course in town.

A few years ago when TD Humberto came through we had the worst power outages since Gloria.

Now the center of Hanna is forecast to go to our east which will minimize the southerly winds. The track will play an important role into what kind of winds we will see.

MsCntry
09-03-2008, 10:18 PM
A place I was going to state classes at until today, that houses the fuel asst office, and a few other places here in Tamworth, is supposed to have a little outside fun day this coming weekend to show families what all services are in the building, and I was making the popcorn for sale. If Hanna hits saturday or sunday or both, it will be a dud, and they will have to re schedule the event. I am not gunna take our commercial popcorn machine out in the rain for anybody!!! :D

Steve M
09-04-2008, 12:29 AM
The NOGAPS has Hanna skirting the coast of Florida before making landfall somewhere between GA an SC. If this is the case the same areas already suffering from Fay will get hit again.

It will also give me a good excuse to go back to Jacksonville.:D

h2oeco
09-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Looks like it will go just off the coast of NJ too, but probably as a tropical storm at that point. Starting to make arrangements for boats, etc., just in case...

Would be nice to get some "weather" without having to travel to Mount Washington... :-)

Steve M
09-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Although Hanna looks terrible this morning, she still has a good circulation. She continues to encounter shear. She may be so displaced that her effects are felt over where I live.

whitestar505
09-05-2008, 05:44 AM
I am....:)

TrishandAlex
09-05-2008, 06:25 AM
Here's wishing you all stay safe and dry, and that there isn't any damage to your town or property.

I've never experienced a hurricane, and can't imagine what it must be like to be in one, or not too far from one. So I hope today and this weekend bring nothing but some wimpy moisture and a few light winds.

Bill O
09-05-2008, 06:42 AM
So I hope today and this weekend bring nothing but some wimpy moisture and a few light winds.

Wish that someplace else. I'm hoping we get nailed! I don't like Mount Washington just because they get nice sunsets. At worst its going to be a bad nor'easter with the leaves still on the trees.

The center of circulation is still forecast to move directly over my area. Good, but not ideal. I expect tropical storm watches in the next few hours.

h2oeco
09-05-2008, 08:07 AM
I've already got tropical storm watches here, and sustained winds of 40 to 50 knots are predicted, probably Saturday night into Sunday...

I too will be disappointed if we don't get a "good" storm...

Ed

Steve M
09-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Here's wishing you all stay safe and dry, and that there isn't any damage to your town or property.

I've never experienced a hurricane, and can't imagine what it must be like to be in one, or not too far from one. So I hope today and this weekend bring nothing but some wimpy moisture and a few light winds.

With all due respect Trish, there are a few of us crazy people who want to be in the center of a hurricane. We don't like loss of life, but the first hand experience of what one of these things can do is so fascinating we can't help but wish it hits us good and hard.

I do hope you all stay safe, but I hope you get something to enjoy!

As for us, we are looking at the possibility of getting hit hard by Ike. The current forecast track send him up the western side of Florida over water, which could potentially nail the Panhandle of Florida, putting me on the east side of the storm.

Time will tell, we shall see.

I will say that if it is going to come in as a cat 3 or higher over my area, I will not be staying in my house. I will get away just far enough to experience it yet safely.

Bill O
09-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Tropical Storm watches now up for coastal CT, should see those upgraded to warnings by 8pm or so. I won't be surprised if Hanna is upgraded to a minimal hurricane by the time it makes landfall in NC/SC.

TrishandAlex
09-05-2008, 03:21 PM
With all due respect Trish, there are a few of us crazy people who want to be in the center of a hurricane. We don't like loss of life, but the first hand experience of what one of these things can do is so fascinating we can't help but wish it hits us good and hard.

I do hope you all stay safe, but I hope you get something to enjoy!

Okay, I can understand this. Kind of like I've always wanted to witness a tornado close-up...as long as it was moving away from me and absolutely no one got hurt.

So to you and Bill O (and whoever else) -- I hope it gets really exciting an scary for you....but that no one gets hurt.

Bill O
09-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Okay, I can understand this. Kind of like I've always wanted to witness a tornado close-up...as long as it was moving away from me and absolutely no one got hurt.

So to you and Bill O (and whoever else) -- I hope it gets really exciting an scary for you....but that no one gets hurt.

Exactly, thanks for the support.

Brad
09-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Here is a NC beach camera - with additional links to other cameras.

http://www.eastcoastsurf.com/livecam.cfm

many do not seem to be working. this one is running http://www.twiddy.com/outer-banks-webcam.aspx

Rich
09-05-2008, 05:09 PM
We'll be upstate with the scouts tomorrow, overnight to Sunday. I just changed our lodging from tents to cabins. Should be exciting!

timechime
09-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Just returned from the beach in SE NC where I live...watched huge waves roll in and got caught in a rainband out there. Strong winds out of the east.

Currently in Wilmington NC, we are in one of the heavier bands spiraling in from the east. Heavy rain and gusty winds currently...nothing sustained above 30 MPH yet, but a few moderate gusts.

Center of circulation is about 175 miles SSW. Radar seems to indicate movement to the north which would bring the center into northeastern SC. that would put us in the right front, so I anticipate conditions will deteriorate through the night.

As I'm typing, some significant gusts are coming through....

I'd like to see how the storm would manifest itself on the summit!

Brad
09-06-2008, 04:30 AM
We are in a heavy band of rain from Raleigh west to Greensboro, NC. Winds are not bad at all - under 10 mph. I can see a reporting station on the coast by Wilmington, NC showing 40 mph winds.

parnelli
09-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Its raining up here in Rhode Island

Bill O
09-06-2008, 08:47 AM
78 degree dewpoint and we got a quick 0.80" of rain last night just to soften everything up.

KD Talbot
09-06-2008, 10:20 AM
The 1st band of rain went through southern NH. We barely got damp. The sun is trying to come back out now.

KDT

KathyC
09-06-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm in Garfield NJ, just west of NYC. It's supposed to start here about 2pm, 4 to 6" of rain, 40 to 50 winds. That's the predictions right now.

We had some showers over night, nothing big. Right now it's sunny/ hazy out and extremely humid. The air sticks right to your skin.

Probably just stay in with the honey tonight.... :D

KathyC
09-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Right now it looks like Eastern PA. is getting the brunt of it, pounded with rain.

h2oeco
09-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Raining hard here, blowing out of the east at about 25mph sustained, with gusts into the mid to upper 30s... Up until an hour ago, it was just calm, humid, and overcast here...

(I'm at the white dot in the middle of the range rings in the image below)

http://www.ecomalley.com/mwoposts/hanna1.jpg

Bill O
09-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Still calm here, rain is about 30 minutes away. Dewpoint is 77.

I could also be coding presfr right now.

Charlie
09-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Raining hard here, blowing out of the east at about 25mph sustained, with gusts into the mid to upper 30s... Up until an hour ago, it was just calm, humid, and overcast here...

(I'm at the white dot in the middle of the range rings in the image below)

http://www.ecomalley.com/mwoposts/hanna1.jpg

i am due west of you in lancaster pa and all that red to the north east went right over us and dumped a lot of rain and wind .

Steve M
09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Anyone with storm damage reports?

Brad
09-06-2008, 07:58 PM
We had a lot of rain this morning and some wind - Raleigh/Durham, NC area. When I left the house at 5AM there was some flooding and the radio said some folks had to be pulled out of their cars due to high water. When I returned to my basement apartment I found all the carpets wet. The guys are just now finishing sucking the water up and the blowers and dryers are running. Not too bad - will take a few days to dry it out for real.

KathyC
09-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Just some rain here, no worse then a regular rain storm.

We went out to dinner, nice little bring your own italian place. I thought it might be empty but it was full and so am I right now...:D

Steve M
09-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Tornado warning posted for SE CT until 8:30 pm including Danbury, CT.

Steve M
09-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Tornado warning extended just NE of previous warning.

Bill O
09-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Tornado warning extended just NE of previous warning.

Its radar indicated, probably nothing there.

Raining very hard right now, probably pushing 5" right now at my place. The winds aren't mixing down to the surface at all. Storms are moving over us at 40-50kts.

spyboy
09-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm looking forward to next wednesday's night forecast of..wait for it...

41 degrees!!!

Oh yeah!!!!!

Kirk

mtruman
09-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Just starting to pour here now. We got 2" of rain last night from the far outside edges. Looks like a few more inches tonight but the winds are only forecast at 25-35 at this point so not too much excitement (which is OK with me).

I realized today that nobody has mentioned Karl here again for a while. Checked his progress today and he was around the DC area. It will be interesting to see if he ran all day through this. He's been back to consistent 50 mile days again - pretty amazing.

MsCntry
09-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Well our little shin dig for the county was canceled until next year. So Joe carried the popcorn machine out for nothing!!:rolleyes:

Love you baby!!:D

Bill O
09-06-2008, 08:46 PM

41 degrees!!!

Oh yeah!!!!!

Kirk

Felt like Bangkok here today.

mtruman
09-06-2008, 09:00 PM

41 degrees!!!

Oh yeah!!!!!

Kirk

41 sounds awesome right now. Felt like we were in a steambath all day today. Can't wait to be in NH next weekend and get some of the early fall weather! Bring on the 40s!!!

Stets
09-06-2008, 09:12 PM
The word from the Outer Cape is we expect steady rain all night and moderate winds. Not expecting any real effects of a storm and that is just fine with me considering we are on the ocean.

I did secure my deck furniture though.

We are looking for some great surf this week.

h2oeco
09-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Now that the storm is largely past us, the wind has picked up again, but only to 30 - 35, and has shifted off to the west/northwest. High tide was unremarkable, things are dry right now...

Bill O
09-07-2008, 03:09 PM
I ended up with 5.19" of rain. Winds were nothing, stronger today.

h2oeco
09-07-2008, 04:08 PM
We had a gust of 41mph last night at 10:56, but that was it. Was somewhat windy out of the west this morning, but now there is just a light breeze out of the west.

Steve M
09-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I ended up with 5.19" of rain. Winds were nothing, stronger today.

How did your area fare with flooding?

Rhode Island got hammered by flooding according to storm reports on RadarLab HD.

Bill O
09-07-2008, 04:50 PM
How did your area fare with flooding?

Rhode Island got hammered by flooding according to storm reports on RadarLab HD.

My area is mostly fast response creeks. They come up fast and go down just as fast. Nothing beyond the usual suspects. No houses floating away. Maybe some sheds and a few wet basements. Besides a few twigs on the road you wouldn't have known there was a storm. Today was crystal clear with low dewpoints.

timechime
09-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Hanna made landfall near Calabash NC, about 30 miles further down the coast from where I am. Winds remained fairly strong through the entire night with a peak gust of 72MPH just after 5AM when the center of the storm was located just to our west. That figure was a testament to the accuracy of the NWS intensity at 70MPH...just under hurricane strength. Winds became more variable during that time with alternating strong gusts and near calm.

Power was on and off through the night and I could see the power flashes with the stronger gusts. No real damage here though other than some beach erosion related damage at the south facing shorelines. We've seen more than a half dozen hurricanes in 10 years here so there aren't many weak trees or structures around anymore...just a lot of leaves and dead limbs. Some tough trees indigenous to this area..they took a beating for about 8-10 hours with winds gusting to 50-60 and above. Seems worse at sea level with all the "stuff" in the way as opposed to the summit, where I was lucky enough to experience wind speeds in the 70's in summer during my volunteer stay.

Only 2+ inches of rain. The heaviest rain bands stayed off to the west side (not typical) as dry air was pulled into the circulation on the east side. Inland areas got 5+ inches. Most of our 2" came during the earlier intense rainbands that spiraled in well in advance of the strongest winds....

Glad Ike isn't our problem.

Bill O
09-08-2008, 07:48 AM
That figure was a testament to the accuracy of the NWS intensity at 70MPH...just under hurricane strength. Winds became more variable during that time with alternating strong gusts and near calm.

Seems worse at sea level with all the "stuff" in the way as opposed to the summit, where I was lucky enough to experience wind speeds in the 70's in summer during my volunteer stay.

Technically when the NHC says a storm is 70mph that means the sustained winds, nut just the gusts. But keep in mind that hurricanes are ocean storms and their winds rarely translate to the land. If you're not on the coast you can't even have a hurricane/tropical storm warning. You get an "inland" hurricane wind warning. In the recent past Andrew was one of the only storms where sustained winds translated directly to observations.

You're right. 70mph at the ocean is stronger than 70mph at 6,000 feet. There are more air molecules pushing on you at lower elevations. Its not faster, it just has more energy behind it. The potential of being hit by debris is also a significant factor as well.

Steve M
09-08-2008, 03:48 PM
You're right. 70mph at the ocean is stronger than 70mph at 6,000 feet. There are more air molecules pushing on you at lower elevations. Its not faster, it just has more energy behind it. The potential of being hit by debris is also a significant factor as well.

So are you saying that there is more mass to the air at sea level, therefore more momentum to push you over with?

Bill O
09-08-2008, 05:11 PM
So are you saying that there is more mass to the air at sea level, therefore more momentum to push you over with?

That's a fair way to look at it.

Would you be able to stand in a river of water moving at 10mph? But you could stand in a river of air moving at 10mph. Besides some obvious physical differences the main factor here is density. Water being more dense than air. Air at sea level is denser than air at 6000 feet. 1000mb is 25% more dense than 800mb (at equal temperature and humidity).

timechime
09-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Technically when the NHC says a storm is 70mph that means the sustained winds, nut just the gusts. But keep in mind that hurricanes are ocean storms and their winds rarely translate to the land.

You are correct. The 72 MPH observation was at the coast. My guess was sustained was at 60 or so. I live less than 1 mile from the ocean. Once you get only a short distance inland, the relatively constant wind at the ocean becomes disrupted and far gustier.

When we have storms here, I will check the Frying Pan Shoals buoy data. FPS is located about 15 miles south of Cape Fear...way out in the open water. Wind speeds measured at the Shoals are typically a good percentage above land based observations.

So...if there's 20% less air at 6,000 Ft, would it stand to reason that wind speed would need to be 20% stronger to be equivalent to sea level? I say 20% stronger and 20% higher in speed since wind forces are not directly proportional to speed, but rather work exponentially.

As for Andrew...Just for arguments sake and weather banter, I was aware that well after the storm, it was officially upgraded to a Cat 5 due to the damage patterns and (limited) wind data. The peak measured gust was 168 before the equipment failed. Andrew was also in a deepening phase at landfall. Perhaps the lag time between pressure drop and increase in wind speed right at landfall created the impression that the winds actually translated from ocean to land. Had it gone through that phase earlier, winds may have ramped up to 175+ sustained before it came inland....Maybe.

Bill O
09-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I have a cool Excel worksheet that allows you to compare the force of the wind at different speeds,elevations,temps and pressure. Send me a pm with your email if you are interested. It was created a few years ago by an MWO intern.

I think the fact that Andrew was strengthening was a major factor. Sort of like Katrina at landfall in FL, people were very surprised that was a cat 1. It also helped that it was the NHC that measured those peak winds in Andrew, they have some good weather equipment on hand. Its a shame their gear got destroyed, I wonder what they missed.

Good mixing to the surface also helped Andrew. In sharp contrast to CT and Hanna last weekend. We had cells moving over my house, 1000 feet off the ground, at 70kts. Windspeed at my house was calm. Contrast that with a distant TD Ernesto in 2006 that brought 70mph winds to my area from a 35mph tropical depression.

Steve M
09-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I have a cool Excel worksheet that allows you to compare the force of the wind at different speeds,elevations,temps and pressure. Send me a pm with your email if you are interested. It was created a few years ago by an MWO intern.

I think the fact that Andrew was strengthening was a major factor. Sort of like Katrina at landfall in FL, people were very surprised that was a cat 1. It also helped that it was the NHC that measured those peak winds in Andrew, they have some good weather equipment on hand. Its a shame their gear got destroyed, I wonder what they missed.

Good mixing to the surface also helped Andrew. In sharp contrast to CT and Hanna last weekend. We had cells moving over my house, 1000 feet off the ground, at 70kts. Windspeed at my house was calm. Contrast that with a distant TD Ernesto in 2006 that brought 70mph winds to my area from a 35mph tropical depression.

How do the winds get "mixed down" to the surface? This term is new to me.

timechime
09-08-2008, 11:36 PM
I (think I) know that in a hurricane or tropical system, winds get "mixed down" in the rainbands due to the downward flow created by the falling precipitation. Higher winds at higher altitudes are pulled down to the surface. This could partially account for the very strong winds that typically come with the heavy rains in a tropical system. I'm sure there are other processes that act to bring the winds down to the surface. If I'm mistaken about the process...please correct me.

It is often surprising to see clouds streaking past at great velocity just above the treetops during a tropical storm or hurricane while the air is relatively calm (between gusts) at the surface. Anything that acts to bring that high velocity air downward is said to be "mixing down" the winds.

Bill O
09-09-2008, 06:57 AM
That's pretty much it.

You need some sort of catalyst to bring the higher winds from aloft down to the surface

Steve M
09-09-2008, 10:13 AM
That's pretty much it.

You need some sort of catalyst to bring the higher winds from aloft down to the surface

So a hurricane out to sea has high surface winds because the winds are unobstructed. When the system makes landfall those surface winds become disrupted and slowed due to interaction with land, trees, and buildings, yet the winds aloft are not so they maintain there velocity for a longer period of time.

MsCntry
09-11-2008, 11:54 PM
My mom is just about 10 miles from Galveston, TX which is in the line of fire for Hurricane Ike:eek:. I called her tonight, and she isn't going to be stubborn and ride this one out. She is taking her time leaving (tomorrow morning) but she IS leaving. Galveston had a mandatory evacuation today. Her son in law is up the road about 15 miles more, and they are at least in a house, my mom is in a trailer. She thinks she will be heading to my sisters house though, it is in Dickinson, which is 40 miles inland from the gulf. They do have a bayou behind the house, but the water will have to rise pretty high for it to reach their house on the hill. I will let you know how she is, as soon as I hear from her.:(

KD Talbot
09-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Will keep my fingers crossed for your mom. Galveston and surrounding areas are getting pounded! Maybe not as bad as it could be, but still not good. 20 foot storm surge? No thanks! Give me a good ol' blizzard!

KDT

Steve M
09-12-2008, 10:02 PM
My mom is just about 10 miles from Galveston, TX which is in the line of fire for Hurricane Ike:eek:. I called her tonight, and she isn't going to be stubborn and ride this one out. She is taking her time leaving (tomorrow morning) but she IS leaving. Galveston had a mandatory evacuation today. Her son in law is up the road about 15 miles more, and they are at least in a house, my mom is in a trailer. She thinks she will be heading to my sisters house though, it is in Dickinson, which is 40 miles inland from the gulf. They do have a bayou behind the house, but the water will have to rise pretty high for it to reach their house on the hill. I will let you know how she is, as soon as I hear from her.:(
I'm sure she will be fine there. As long as she is far enough away from the storm surge I think she is ok. The big factor in this storm will be all the water and waves. I hate to think about what will become of those who decided to ride out the storm on or close to Gaveston Island.:(

MsCntry
09-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Will keep my fingers crossed for your mom. Galveston and surrounding areas are getting pounded! Maybe not as bad as it could be, but still not good. 20 foot storm surge? No thanks! Give me a good ol' blizzard!

KDT

Thank you hun. As soon as I hear from her I will let you know!! I told Joe if it weren't for my meds I don't think I would be sleeping tonight. :(

I'm sure she will be fine there. As long as she is far enough away from the storm surge I think she is ok. The big factor in this storm will be all the water and waves. I hate to think about what will become of those who decided to ride out the storm on or close to Galveston Island.:(Thank you also. On another group i belong to, one of the ladies has a friend who is actually staying in Galveston to ride out the storm. SHE IS NUTS!!! My moms home is 10 miles in from the shore, but still very prone to flooding. She said she was sure she could get high enough on her kitchen table to get away from the water, but it was the winds she was worried about. She lives in a mobile home. Even though it has telephone poles around it with a solid roof on top of them, it doesn't totally protect the mobile home.

TrishandAlex
09-13-2008, 05:39 AM
Diane, I'm very glad your mom is NOT riding out the storm. Please do let us know how she is.

MsCntry
09-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, the most I can say is that she is alive, thank god!!! She tried to call me about 2pm EST, and her phone cut out. I think she said her mobile home, though 4 ft off the ground, sustained water damage inside. She said she lost something, but that is when the phone cut off. The main thing is that she is ok, that is all that matters to me. She can stay with family until they get her home livable again. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they were greatly appreciated!!:o

Much Love, Diane

MsCntry
09-13-2008, 07:02 PM
UPDATE on Mom: She called back about 6:15pm She was sitting in her truck numb from the days events. There was a foot of water damage, mud, and mold in the trailer. The winds ripped the solid awning off of the telephone poles surrounding her trailer. She lost her tractor and her barn. Basically she lost everything. Her house is no longer livable she says. My sister is going to let her stay with her, until she can see what FEMA can do for her.:(:(

KD Talbot
09-13-2008, 09:34 PM
When we see or hear about this on the TV and Radio we are usually detached and can't appreciate what it's like to lose everything. This is something that hits you directly, and we all feel very sorry for your mom, and how it must make you feel.

We'll all keep her in our thoughts and pray that she can recover from this.

So sorry!

KDT

mtruman
09-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Diane -

So sorry to hear about you mom's situation. It is a blessing that she is physically OK, but that doesn't lessen the rest of the loss. She will definitely be in our prayers along with the others that were affected by this latest tragedy.

Brad
09-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Diane, thanks for keeping us posted on your mother's status. I am happy to hear she is okay - but the rest is so sad.

Bill O
09-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Check out my new Hurricane Ike avatar.

Did anybody see the streaker on TWC?

Steve M
09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Diane,

I hope your mother can get back to some semblance of normal as soon as possible.

Steve M
09-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Check out my new Hurricane Ike avatar.

Did anybody see the streaker on TWC?

No but I did watch Heraldo almost get washed off the sea wall on Fox news.