PDA

View Full Version : October 11th - Saturday hike

Brad
09-03-2008, 05:44 AM
At this point a couple of us are looking to hike MW on Saturday Oct 11th. This is dependent on the weather, of course. We will have to do an early start from PNVC - up Lions Head - summit - down the Headwall - and back home in time for dinner with house guests arriving Saturday.

I wanted to get this out on the list in case others might be looking to hike the same day.

TrishandAlex
09-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Brad,

I'm bummed, for I'd love the opportunity to hike with you and others from this forum. If we didn't already have plans, I'd join you (just me, Alex isn't yet ready for that kind of hike).

However, we'll be staying at Lonesome Lake hut that weekend, enjoying the fall views and hut hospitality. Alex and I MAY do the Kinsmans that weekend from the hut...however, I'm not sure she's up to that yet. May need to wait until next year, that would be more mileage and elevation gain than she's ever before done in one day (we'll probably just wait and do that hike next year or the year after).

Have a great time, and hopefully we'll meet on the trails one day in the future. I hope others from this forum will join you -- make sure you post your TR and pix afterward!

Brad
09-07-2008, 09:33 PM
The big question will be weather conditions for that day. It will have to be perfect for me to try to summit.

TrishandAlex
09-07-2008, 09:42 PM
The big question will be weather conditions for that day. It will have to be perfect for me to try to summit.

Makes sense. I'm crossing my fingers for you.