PDA

View Full Version : The Calm!

whitestar505
09-05-2008, 05:38 AM
We here in Maryland are waiting for Hanna as well as Ike. I do remember many storms in the pass but they seen to be getting more violent ... We should start to see the winds tonight with rain starting o/a midnight. Flooding is a problem. Have a back-up generator, and a back-up pump system for the basement. (been through this before) I live on a small hill, and have seen 5-7 inches of rain in the road at one time. Water cannot run off fast enough.

Anyone out there near the storm path? ws

Brad
09-05-2008, 05:54 AM
The 3-day forecast track has Hanna coming across for landfall right where our company's major call center is - near Wilmington, NC - then past Raleigh/Durham where I am and then up to you folks.

TrishandAlex
09-05-2008, 06:20 AM
Hang in there, folks. I hope you both "just" get some rain, and that the storm doesn't cause any damage.

BlueDog
09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Hmmmmmm.... Starting to rethink this weekends overnight kayaking trip. Those instruments up on the mountain see all the way down to the Harrisburg, PA area? :)

Bill O
09-05-2008, 11:24 AM
I do remember many storms in the pass but they seen to be getting more violent ...

That's just human nature to feel that way. They're not getting anymore violent, at least not at a statistical level.

I wonder what the summit is going to get from this storm.

KD Talbot
09-05-2008, 01:48 PM

100+ mph winds and several inches of snow and rime ice, baby! Oh yeah!

I can dream, can't I?

KDT

Steve M
09-05-2008, 02:38 PM
100+ mph winds and several inches of snow and rime ice, baby! Oh yeah!

I can dream, can't I?

KDT

I guess it would be a good day for you to pay the obs a visit.:)

Patrad Fischroy
09-08-2008, 08:52 AM
That's just human nature to feel that way. They're not getting anymore violent, at least not at a statistical level.

Oh come on now, the winters of yore were much worse than these days. I recall the snow way over my head. Not withstanding that I was then 3' 6" and am now 6' 4" :rolleyes:.

Bill O
09-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Oh come on now, the winters of yore were much worse than these days. I recall the snow way over my head. Not withstanding that I was then 3' 6" and am now 6' 4" :rolleyes:.

You're right. When it comes to winter they were always worse in the past. When it comes to summer its worse now.

Steve M
09-08-2008, 04:06 PM
You're right. When it comes to winter they were always worse in the past. When it comes to summer its worse now.

My summers are worse than they were when I was a kid...that's for sure!:)

whitestar505
09-09-2008, 05:38 AM
Well, Hanna has come and gone. I think the east coast was very luckly. We did have lots of rain but not much wind where I was located. NEXT!!

ws

Brad
09-09-2008, 05:56 AM
My apartment carpet is almost dry and ready to be refastened.

Steve M
09-09-2008, 10:15 AM

Good to hear it. Wouldn't want a moldy apartment. :(

whitestar505
09-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Keep an eye out on the mold..

Brad
09-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Humidity in here is now 20% with a temperature of 95 degrees. Everything is dry - except for me sweating.

whitestar505
09-15-2008, 05:46 AM
Ike past by us yesterday. It just touched us here in Maryland. Had lite winds and no rain at our location. My heart goes out to those not so lucky. I have been there and done that.

ws

Well, Hanna has come and gone. I think the east coast was very luckly. We did have lots of rain but not much wind where I was located. NEXT!!

ws