PDA

View Full Version : Intro

faegilr
09-06-2008, 07:43 PM
I just realized, I never introduced myself properly :)

I am a 20 something year old born in MA now living in Boston and one of my goals in life is to climb all 48 4,000 footers. I started a few years ago and have completed 17, so only 31 more to go! :)

I work as a Ranger in Boston so I have a lot of random facts about Colonial Boston and the American Revolution and wear a funny uniform.

STP 08 was my 4th time up Washington and my first with any kind of summit view, which was quite special. My boyfriend and I are planning on doing it again next year (possibly with friends) and I've decided that I'm going to book myself an Edutrip next year for my birthday :)

So, hi :)

Brad
09-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Wonderful to have you here. Thanks for the background information. Boston is so full of Colonial history. There is a lot of Bradstreet family stuff mixed in all that. Simon & Anne Dudley Bradstreet came from England in 1634 and contributed to Colonial life in many ways.

MsCntry
09-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Welcome to the forums, glad to have you!!

TrishandAlex
09-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Greetings! We're relatively new here ourselves, having just joined a month of so ago. I've quickly found that the folks here are very friendly and helpful. Good people on this board. Welcome!

Caffeine Addict
09-07-2008, 05:51 PM
greetings faegilr hope you enjoy your time here :D

faegilr
09-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks, guys! :)

Brad, the Anne Bradstreet of Andover? There is a nice memorial stone dedicated to her in the old cemetery in North Andover.

Now if only I had more time off from work to go hiking :)