PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Forester

MeridenFF
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I noticed at the STP after dinner that many of you said you have a Subaru. My girlfriend is currently looking for a new vehicle and after sitting in the new Forester I was surprised about the amount of head room that it has. Does anyone out there have a Forester and have any comments regarding it. Also, does any one know if Subaru offers any special deals to MWO members.

h2oeco
09-07-2008, 08:43 PM
There are Subaru "perks" for MWO members:

http://www.mountwashington.org/about/membership/subaru.php

My previous car was a Subaru Outback, and I liked it a lot - unfortunately, at the time that I was looking for a new car, I needed something bigger, and Subaru didn't have anything that fit the bill...

Bill O
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
The deal for MWO members is very good. Just keep in mind they're aren't going to give you a premium for your trade in because you're getting a very good deal on the car.

Brad
09-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Read the rules and make sure you get the VIP certificate from MWO before going to the dealer.

My wife has an Outback wagon and it is her 5th or 6th Subaru. She will not have any other car. She loves the turning radius and ease of parking - plus it has plenty of room. This car is close to 200,000 miles and we should start to think about replacing it - with a Subaru of course.

Patrad Fischroy
09-08-2008, 08:09 AM
I have also been looking at the Forester for quite a while now. As a relativvely tall person who has been relegated to trucks, this car has a surprising amount of headroom. I still like my truck, but it is definitely on the list as a second vehicle in the event that I need one. And yes the deal available through MWOBS is quite good. I would also note that the resale value of Suburus remains high over the years and miles, so getting one is less risky.

Brad
09-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Has anyone looked at the Tribeca as a larger alternative?

iceclimber
09-22-2008, 10:22 PM
I have a Forester. I like it, but for a 2001 and low mileage (under 60,000) I am somewhat disappointed that I have a leaky head gasket. I have since used the radiator leak stopper and it seems to be holding off the leak for now. So, I wonder if Subaru used cheap gaskets for the 2001 line. I have since talked with others with similar complaints.

Jimmy Legs and Little d
09-23-2008, 07:28 AM
I have a Subaru Outback and noticed that the odometer is 2% off; indicating more mileage than actually driven. Has anyone checked their odometer on a measured course? I first noticed this a couple of years ago when we stopped at the Montvale rest stop in New Jersey. My Mazda MPV indicates that the distance from my home was 198 miles but in the Subaru it indicates 204 miles; driving the same route.

Bill O
09-23-2008, 07:51 AM
I have a Subaru Outback and noticed that the odometer is 2% off; indicating more mileage than actually driven. Has anyone checked their odometer on a measured course? I first noticed this a couple of years ago when we stopped at the Montvale rest stop in New Jersey. My Mazda MPV indicates that the distance from my home was 198 miles but in the Subaru it indicates 204 miles; driving the same route.

2%?

I'd consider that pretty accurate and well within the acceptable range. It could be caused by any number of reasons. Under inflated tires, tires that are fractionally too small. Excessive lane changing?

BlueDog
09-23-2008, 12:48 PM
I have a Forester. I like it, but for a 2001 and low mileage (under 60,000) I am somewhat disappointed that I have a leaky head gasket. I have since used the radiator leak stopper and it seems to be holding off the leak for now. So, I wonder if Subaru used cheap gaskets for the 2001 line. I have since talked with others with similar complaints.

Look into, I believe there's a recall on the head gasket issue...

Here's some thing I found on one of the Subie forums:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13503

Brad
09-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I think the head gasket issue was a 2000 and 2001 thing. I think my wife's 2000 had the same issue and they fixed it. There was also a transmission issue they fixed/adjusted.

mainerjonn
09-24-2008, 12:03 AM
i have a 08 forester and love it.....i am tall 6'3 and still have plenty of room the car i had before was a 99 forester with all the problems that you have said...........with that i still bought a new one....and expect to get the 300,000 miles on this one also

edog2007
09-26-2008, 02:59 PM
I like the Subaru BAJA.

mmatty
10-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Just bought a new Outback thru the MWO VIP program. Got a great deal on the car, easy transaction. First Subaru.....really nice car as well......glad I was able to support Subaru in light of the support they give to MWO!!!

Brad
10-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Just bought a new Outback thru the MWO VIP program. Got a great deal on the car, easy transaction. First Subaru.....really nice car as well......glad I was able to support Subaru in light of the support they give to MWO!!!
Great to hear the program really works. We will be using it when my wife's Subaru needs to be replaced.

BlueDog
10-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Very cool, mmatty! But, TPIWWP! :) (This Post is Worthless Without Pics)

I've been a diehard Audi driver for a while now, but this last event convinced me that when it comes time (maybe soon), my next vehicle will be a Subie. Purchased through the MWO program of course!