PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Sept 27th Hike

Brad&Val
09-25-2008, 09:46 AM
I am considering a hike in the Presi's on Saturday and wanted to know if anyone else is heading out. I would like to start by 8 AM if possible and I am open to suggestions Let me know if anyone is interested

Brad
09-25-2008, 12:15 PM
With the storm heading up the coast this weekend does not look too good.

MsCntry
09-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I just looked at weather.com and it says the following information for the "R" word:

Friday 100% chance
Saturday 90%
Sunday 40%
Monday 30%
Tuesday 30%
Wednesday 40%

:eek: I guess I better get out today if I want to go walking!!

Brad
09-25-2008, 06:37 PM
I just looked at weather.com and it says the following information for the "R" word:

Friday 100% chance
Saturday 90%
Sunday 40%
Monday 30%
Tuesday 30%
Wednesday 40%

:eek: I guess I better get out today if I want to go walking!!
You had better wear a heavy coat as the 30 mph winds we are seeing might blow you away.

iceclimber
09-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Put some cement bags in your pack as well.

MsCntry
09-25-2008, 09:07 PM
You had better wear a heavy coat as the 30 mph winds we are seeing might blow you away.
No wind for me on the Kancamagus!! :D Lovely day it was!! Gorgeous colors!!

Put some cement bags in your pack as well.
Just nature walking no pack :) Farthest I got from my truck was probably 1/4 mile. Besides I don't think my back could handle a couple of cement bags, I am hurting from today, and hurt really bad after Mt Katherine LOL BUT I am a glutton for punishment!! I am thinking of doing Mt Chocorua before the end of the season!! Hope my back holds out!!

ChrisN
09-26-2008, 08:53 AM
I had been planning on heading up tomorrow but with this weather am going to ditch the plans. I wanted to keep my weekend streak going though, two weeks ago was Moosilauke, last weekend the Franconia Ridge Loop/Traverse (was awesome!) and wanted to hit up the big one Saturday but...not going to happen it seems.

Guess I can get caught up on some sleep though.... these have been some really early Saturday's.

PS, watch your back on Chocorua, the summit cone can have some interesting challenges. I am pretty cautious descending and coming down that cone had me stretching in all sorts of precarious ways!

TrishandAlex
09-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Sunday looks alright, though -- we still plan to hike (though not the Presi's).