PDA

View Full Version : another meadow moose

forestgnome
09-26-2008, 08:21 PM
I've been stalking the meadows every day after work ;)

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l190/forestgnome/moosegang019.jpg

happy autumn :)

MsCntry
09-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Very Nice!!:D

TrishandAlex
09-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Seriously, sell a collection of your photos. You'd make a fortune.

dixiemax
09-27-2008, 09:01 AM
such a lovely photo!
many thanks for sharing!

CHRIS
09-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Another beautiful picture. I think I am going to have to stalk you just to see where you take all these pics.:D
Thanks and keep them coming we love them..

iceclimber
09-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Nice, very nice. I saw two Moose up in Denali National Park this summer, but they were quite a distance from me.

MsCntry
09-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Nice, very nice. I saw two Moose up in Denali National Park this summer, but they were quite a distance from me.

I only saw one this summer. She was in a marsh on the side of the Kancamagus highway. I would have been able to get some good pictures, but there was a crowd and lots of kids screaming, so she took off pretty quick. She is the one in my avatar. I found her during STP while everyone else was coming off Mt Washington heading to the after dinner. :D

mtruman
09-27-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm clearly spending my "after work time" the wrong way. While I've spent a huge amount of time in NH and ME over the last 10 years and never seen a moose I still feel like there's one around every corner looking at Patrick's photos...

Charlie
09-27-2008, 08:30 PM
very nice once again

i have seen one moose and it was 2 yrs ago across the street from pinkham notch where there were cars stopping to take a look
i wish i could see more of them but not here in PA so i need to to go to NH

are there more moose the further north you go in NH ?

MsCntry
09-27-2008, 09:43 PM
very nice once again

i have seen one moose and it was 2 yrs ago across the street from pinkham notch where there were cars stopping to take a look
i wish i could see more of them but not here in PA so i need to to go to NH

are there more moose the further north you go in NH ?

Yes!! Further North in New Hampshire we have a place called Moose Alley :D

http://www.newhampshire.com/nh-attractions/moose-alley.aspx

http://gonewengland.about.com/cs/nhsightseeing/a/aamoosealley.htm

KathyC
09-29-2008, 08:02 AM
I usually always see Moose on the Kancamagus at dusk.

I was up in East Haven VT. this past week, we didn't see any...:(

MsCntry
09-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I usually always see Moose on the Kancamagus at dusk.

I was up in East Haven VT. this past week, we didn't see any...:(
I went up as far as the first scenic view (Sugar Hill) And then slowly drove back down the Kancamagus no more than 30mph. I took several beautiful pics of the trees( I have to get that TR posted!! LOL), but did not see one moose. And this was like between 5:30 and 7pm **Sigh**

KathyC
09-29-2008, 07:21 PM
There is a marshy area almost across from the Oliverian trail, it's not too far from the Jigger Johnson camp ground going up the mountain. Almost every time we've seen a few moose, sometimes you have to wait a bit though.

The first time we saw them was a long time ago, I almost passed out I was so excited. I had two cameras and used up almost all of my film, LOL. It was summer and I didn't want to leave, the car got loaded with mosquitos, my family wasn't too happy with me....:D

MsCntry
09-30-2008, 12:59 AM
There is a marshy area almost across from the Oliverian trail, it's not too far from the Jigger Johnson camp ground going up the mountain. Almost every time we've seen a few moose, sometimes you have to wait a bit though.

The first time we saw them was a long time ago, I almost passed out I was so excited. I had two cameras and used up almost all of my film, LOL. It was summer and I didn't want to leave, the car got loaded with mosquitos, my family wasn't too happy with me....:D
I will have to check that area out then!! I believe I did stop there the other day to take pictures of the mountains with the fall colors!! I am glad I have a digital camera with lots of memory cards LOL. I always end up taking at least 100 pictures when I head out LOL. Yes I do believe my family would be upset too!! LOL

CHRIS
09-30-2008, 07:17 AM
We stayed in the Twin Mountains area during Stp this year and we got to see a total of 5 moose. We seen 2 on the way back from the dinner that nite. I almost hit the back of one on the way to the hike. I was driving to the trail head parking lot for the Ammo. trail and I was not looking where I was going instead I was looking up at the summit of MW. to see what I couild see in the dark and when I looked down it was about 15 feet in front of my truck and it was running in the same direction I was going thank god. It scared the crap out of me. I had to change my shorts before I hit the trail..

CHRIS
09-30-2008, 07:20 AM
This is one of the ones we seen on the way back to the campground after the dinner. It was pretty awesome. For my wife and I just love moose.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb96/CRIVERHD12/SEEK%20THE%20PEEK%2008/nhvacaandstp076.jpg

BobbyG
10-04-2008, 07:52 AM
WOW, great shot! The fall colors in the back ground really add to its beauty...