PDA

View Full Version : the west view webcam

Mildcarlilse
05-24-2006, 07:44 PM
and i am wondering why themount washington west view webcam has not been cleared of the snowy build up on the lense? i see that its not very windy and the temperatures are only slightly below freezing,so can we get out there and clear up the view please? :)

post'r boy
05-24-2006, 07:57 PM
here's one dats kleen!!!:D

http://www.katahdincam.com/

apples and pears:eek:

davidhowland14
05-24-2006, 09:10 PM
yeah, but that cam's of katahdin, not washington

Robohiker
05-24-2006, 09:35 PM
For those of you that can only see in the visible light spectrum, they're all the same in the dark.;)

bruno
05-25-2006, 08:29 AM
yeah, but that cam's of katahdin, not washington

katahdin's a nice mountain--a VERY nice mountain!! and no roads!!! yayyyy no roads!!!:) :) :) :) :) ;)

afmrintern
05-25-2006, 06:08 PM
and i am wondering why themount washington west view webcam has not been cleared of the snowy build up on the lense? i see that its not very windy and the temperatures are only slightly below freezing,so can we get out there and clear up the view please? :)

I imagine that webcams are a fairly low priority after a big icestorm...considering they have to clear exits, fire escapes, exhaust pipes, the towers, and the instruments which all affect operations. Last I checked though, it got done!

Clearing the windows was no ez task, as you have to do it from below with a long pole. Falling ice is a big concern, and from saturday's pictures, they had ALOT of HEAVY ice. Safety comes first on the Rockpile! Always has...

Besides, if you've ever been in the obs in winter...ice covered windows is the view from mtwash to the observers!!!!

davidhowland14
05-25-2006, 09:40 PM
katahdin's a nice mountain--a VERY nice mountain!! and no roads!!! yayyyy no roads!!!:) :) :) :) :) ;)

i agree with that, but this thread was started about the west view Mt. Washington cam

Darwin
05-28-2006, 01:24 PM
PB is right that one is kleen!!:D

Brad
09-23-2006, 12:31 PM
The West web camera is "inside" looking out towards the west. I think it is in the tower along with the Deck camera. However, with the wind coming out of the west the window glass in front of this camera tends to freeze up with ice.

The North camera is in the observation room and is really inside. The glass in front of the North and Deck cameras do not seem to ice up as much being out of the wind more.