PDA

View Full Version : A disclaimer and a Bondcliff Overnighter - 10/4-5

Tim&Val
10-06-2008, 07:13 PM
First, I would like to say that I did not get any kickbacks from the Cardigan Mtn Orchard for all the extra pies that they sold this weekend!! :D LOL

We spent the weekend in the Pemi Wilderness. It was a great but chilly trip.

Trish, I was glad that you and Alex weren't on the Franconia Ridge as we looked across and saw SO MUCH WHITE. Even on Bondcliff, which is much lower, the winds were howling and it was DOWNRIGHT COLD. It must have been brutal on the ridge.

Pics are here. (http://www.barkeater.ws/NH48/images/Bondcliff/20081004/BondcliffFrames.htm)

Valerie

KD Talbot
10-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Bondcliff is definitely one of my favorites. Great TR and pics! I like how it looks like a sheer drop behind Val on that scramble! ;) You should have got up at 4AM, climbed again and watched the sunrise. I'm sure Val would have enjoyed this, Tim! (The climbing it again part.) :)

Wish I'd been there!

KDT

TrishandAlex
10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Great pictures, and it sounded like a lovely camping experience. Congrats on having such a great hike and nice clear views!

CHRIS
10-07-2008, 07:08 AM
That was a great TR Val/Tim. I read it yesterday from your web site and it sounds like a great time and the pictures were wonderful. I only hope to someday to do something like that. As for the pie it was absolutly delicious:D.