PDA

View Full Version : New time lapse on the Kanc

spyboy
10-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Driving from North Conway over to Lincoln on the Kanc.

Zzzzzooommmm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McBm24ikqs8

h2oeco
10-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Fun to see - :-) What camera are you using for this?

Ed

KathyC
10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
That was pretty cool...

I left North Conway at 9:20 this morning, took the Kanc to 93. Pulled in my driveway at 4 PM.

spyboy
10-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Canon G9 point & shoot, one of the video modes is time lapse :)

Fun to see - :-) What camera are you using for this?

Ed

MsCntry
10-19-2008, 10:19 PM
WAIT!!! Back up!!! You missed a great picture of that moose!!! :D

I took a short hike on the UNH trail the other day, and ended up not making the loop because I took the hardest trail up lol. If I would have made it back to my truck 5 minutes sooner, I would of had a great picture of a bull moose in the open marsh area before the Passaconway Campground. I showed up late, and only got a blurry shot of his body because he was too far away and he had his head down. :mad: :rolleyes: That's Diane always too late for everything lol.

Brad
10-20-2008, 06:17 AM
You still drive way too fast. And somehow the hairpin turn as you come down was not there.

CHRIS
10-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Very cool!!

spyboy
10-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I was doing 65mph most of the way, hit 75 a few times! Ooops :)

The hairpin was there, I think it was after the car infront turned left.

You still drive way too fast. And somehow the hairpin turn as you come down was not there.

KathyC
10-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Driving it yesterday morning, I noticed two pick up truck on the side of the road. There were a couple of men wearing orange vests with shot guns. Is hunting allowed in NH???

It really upset me because I was hoping to see wildlife to take a picture and they looked like they wanted to shoot it.

spyboy
10-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Of course hunting is allowed, it's the "Live free or die" state!

Hopefully they weren't hunting on national forest land (not sure if that is allowed)

I hear gunshots near my house all the time now, reminds me of when I lived in Newark, NJ for school :)

Kirk

Driving it yesterday morning, I noticed two pick up truck on the side of the road. There were a couple of men wearing orange vests with shot guns. Is hunting allowed in NH???

It really upset me because I was hoping to see wildlife to take a picture and they looked like they wanted to shoot it.

KathyC
10-20-2008, 10:09 AM
It was on the Kanc, maybe two miles up from the Jigger Johnson camp ground, an open field on the right hand side going towards Loon.

KD Talbot
10-20-2008, 07:41 PM
There is definitely hunting in NH, and definitely hunting is allowed in the WMNF, Land of Many Uses.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/white_mountain/recreation/hunting/index.php

I'm not a hunter and don't really care for it, but then I know for a fact that there are plenty of hunters who don't care for hikers and don't think that their hunting fees should pay for hiker rescues by the F&G.

850+ moose taken in NH last year, not counting the ones killed by drivers going 65+ on the Kanc. ;)

I say do what you like, like what you do.

It is possible those you saw were hikers who wore orange so as not to get shot in the woods. Judy and I wear it this time of year.

KDT

Brad
10-20-2008, 09:54 PM
I hope Emma wears orange too! Sandy has a stretchy pull-over that is orange for his walks and when he is outside just in the yard.

MsCntry
10-20-2008, 10:13 PM

I feel your pain, I hate to see them as well. I went walking through Lovejoy Marsh Wildlife Sanctuary where hunting IS off limits, and found shotgun shells. It sickens me when hunters don't follow the rules, and go wherever they feel like it.