PDA

View Full Version : Photo Journal

Brad
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Some great fall color photos have been added to the October Photo Journal.

JimS
10-21-2008, 08:00 PM
We've had an absurd number of photos submitted this month, and we've only been able to put up a few...

We try to capture the events, weather and light on the mountain in a comprehensive way each month...and in such a varied month like October, that can be challenging.

I've emailed most of the people who have submitted to encourage them to post photos here, so even if they aren't selected among the few in the photojournal, their images can be appreciated by all!

Brad
10-21-2008, 10:08 PM
I know a friend submitted a very cool sunrise shot of fire tower on top Mt Kearsage North. I vote for that one to be included. :cool:

KD Talbot
10-22-2008, 09:41 PM
If it wasn't for Jim's shameless self promotion there'd be room for some other photos. :)

KDT

JimS
10-23-2008, 05:27 AM
If it wasn't for Jim's shameless self promotion there'd be room for some other photos. :)

KDT

I can take my shot down if you'd prefer. I thought it was good enough to stand on its own and go in... ;)

Speaking of which...Kevin, can I take one of your Oceola's sunrise shots...

Brad, I did get the fire tower shot. I'm pretty sure it'll be put it in next update...beautiful! Just waiting to see what else trickles in from the weekend...

Jim

Brad
10-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Now kids! Stop that. Just because Jim's pictures are so good we should not get in a huff. Keep it up there please!

Brad
08-12-2009, 07:52 AM
The July Photo Journal pictures are really good. Well worth going back to check them out.

Snow Miser
08-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Just went back to check them out. They are very nice! Gotta love the one with the camel and Marty arched up in the surprised cat posture.:D

Brad
05-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Kevin,

Your picture of Kevin's Notch and the flowers in the field is in the May Photo Journal.

mtruman
05-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Kevin,

Your picture of Kevin's Notch and the flowers in the field is in the May Photo Journal.

As well it should be! Nice shot from you in there too Brad. Still always amazes me seeing the views of Mt Washington from Maine. The photo of the door dug out at Mizpah on May 1st is a good reminder of what winter was like up there too.

CHRIS
05-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Yours looks very nice there to Brad.

Snow Miser
05-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Both Kevin and Brad's photos are nice. Yesterday Kevin's was my background, today Brad's is. The only issue is, now I just want to stare at the view and I can't pull up a window to get any work done.:)

Brad
05-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Both Kevin and Brad's photos are nice. Yesterday Kevin's was my background, today Brad's is. The only issue is, now I just want to stare at the view and I can't pull up a window to get any work done.:)
The solution is (and I am serious to say I did this), put a second monitor on your computer. Then extend the desktop to cover both monitors. The background is used on both screens.

Yes, it is nice to read something on one screen and work on the other. But, it is a nice place for that cool background image or a few web cameras to hang on the 2nd display.

Snow Miser
05-12-2010, 12:44 PM
The solution is (and I am serious to say I did this), put a second monitor on your computer. Then extend the desktop to cover both monitors. The background is used on both screens.

Yes, it is nice to read something on one screen and work on the other. But, it is a nice place for that cool background image or a few web cameras to hang on the 2nd display.

Brad, it's a coincidence you mention this idea. Here at work, I am scheduled next week to get a second flat screen monitor hooked up to my computer. So when the second one isn't being used for business, guess what web cameras my eyes will be glued to?:D

Brad
05-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Brad, it's a coincidence you mention this idea. Here at work, I am scheduled next week to get a second flat screen monitor hooked up to my computer. So when the second one isn't being used for business, guess what web cameras my eyes will be glued to?:D
Based on your increased usage of the Mt Washington Observatory's web site, you are hereby requested to make a donation to my Seek The Peak hiker page.

Snow Miser
05-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Based on your increased usage of the Mt Washington Observatory's web site, you are hereby requested to make a donation to my Seek The Peak hiker page.

You got it! Happy to help you and the OBS.:)