View Full Version : Mt Chocorua

forestgnome
10-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Mt Chocorua from Wednesday afternoon...

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l190/forestgnome/choc10-22-08.jpg

happy autumn :)

mtruman
10-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Spectacular!!! Color is clearly not completely gone up north yet.

Rich
10-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Awesome! Still plenty of color!

dixiemax
10-24-2008, 06:25 PM
beautiful picture!
what is the name of the lake in the pix?

KD Talbot
10-24-2008, 08:04 PM
The lake is, you guessed it, Lake Chocorua. One of the most beautiful places in NH IMHO. It's on Rte 16 just north of Chocorua Village if you're in the area.

I was there with Steve Mauren in July, he had never been. While we stood on the little bridge admiring the view we had an unbelievable experience. A loon we were watching suddenly ducked and swam right under us. Neither of us reacted in time to get a picture, but it was cool! They move fast underwater! If you have ever seen penguins in an aquarium it was very similar.

KDT

dixiemax
10-27-2008, 07:09 PM
i've never been although i've probably driven quite close
many times. it's now on my 'things-to-do' list!
thx for the info :)

MsCntry
10-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Is it just the lighting, or is there snow on that peak?? Beautiful shot FG. :)

forestgnome
10-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Yup, that was a nice dusting of snow on the peak, and the Sisters were covered as well. The clouds were casting a shadow on the peak and they wouldn't let up.

It only lasted for one day. You missed it?!!! This was from the morning from Rt 113. No clouds.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l190/forestgnome/choc10-22-081a.jpg

TrishandAlex
10-28-2008, 07:11 AM
As always, beautiful picture. I'm running out of words for how nice your photographs are, so forgive me if I seem repetitive. ;)

Brad
10-28-2008, 09:30 AM
As always, beautiful picture. I'm running out of words for how nice your photographs are, so forgive me if I seem repetitive. ;)
You can say that again.

KathyC
10-28-2008, 05:00 PM
I just say WOW all the time, that's the first thing that comes out of my mouth when I see his pictures...

I'm using the first one as my desk top in work, I just love it!

MsCntry
10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Yup, that was a nice dusting of snow on the peak, and the Sisters were covered as well. The clouds were casting a shadow on the peak and they wouldn't let up.

It only lasted for one day. You missed it?!!!

Unfortunately yes. Apparently that was the day I went to Somersworth for my doctors appt. I was coming back up Rt 16 at dusk, and I told Joe I didn't know if it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but that Mt Chocorua looked snow capped. I guess I was right, but by the time I got home after fighting with the pharmacy for 2 hours, I MISSED IT!!! :( http://bestsmileys.com/crying/2.gif

Charlie
10-28-2008, 05:55 PM

You can say that again.

I just say WOW all the time, that's the first thing that comes out of my mouth when I see his pictures...

I'm using the first one as my desk top in work, I just love it!

WOW

how is that

forestgnome
10-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks very much for all the nice comments :D Very motivational.