PDA

View Full Version : Special 2008-2009 Lift Ticket Deal, Benefits MWO

fifteendays
10-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Just wanted to make sure everyone here in the forums received this news first-- call me at the number below if you want to jump on this offer. If you're planning a week-long skiing/riding getaway this winter, it will save you a good chunk of change!

Scot
MWO Staff

Special Offer: MWO Donor Offers Two Unrestricted, Interchangeable 1-Week Lift Tickets, Valid Anywhere in the Country
This incredibly flexible 7-day ticket package for two is available now for $800, a potential savings of more than $300!

With snow falling on Mount Washington, it's time to start thinking about skiing and riding. Are you planning on a week-long winter sports vacation this winter? If so, this special offer will not only save you money on your lift-ticket purchases, but it will also benefit the Mount Washington Observatory!

A Mount Washington Observatory Life Trustee has generously offered the Observatory two unrestricted, interchangeable 7-day lift tickets, valid virtually anywhere in the nation, to be offered up for sale. All proceeds will go directly to the Mount Washington Observatory. Act quickly-- this unique ticket package is available right now on a first-come, first-served basis, for $800.

With average daily lift ticket prices at top-tier resorts hovering around $80, this offer will save you quite a bit for seven days of skiing and riding, regardless of whether you head west or east. The tickets are fully interchangeable, so you are not restricted to any single resort. Ski Vail one day, Aspen the next, Keystone the next and Crested Butte for the rest of the week-- it's completely up to you.

Potential lift ticket savings:

Example: 7-Day Utah Ski Vacation
Two days for two at The Canyons: $316
Two days for two at Deer Valley: $332
Three days for two at Snowbird: $432
TOTAL: $1080
Mount Washington Observatory offer: $800
Potential savings: $280!

Example: 7-Day Vermont Ski Vacation
Three days for two at Killington: $492
Two days for two at Stowe: $318
Two days for two at Okemo: $308
TOTAL: $1118
Mount Washington Observatory offer: $800
Potential savings: $318!

The ticket package is $800 and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. To make the purchase, please call MWO Executive Director Scot Henley at (800) 706-0432, ext. 218.

Some blackout dates do apply, please call for more information.

donnellyvj
10-29-2008, 04:21 PM
More to ski at killington than snowbird.:confused:yikes

Rich
10-29-2008, 04:24 PM
And Snowbird is not nearly as PACKED!

fifteendays
10-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah, when I was putting the figures together today, I was also somewhat surprised at the pricing of today's lift tickets.

We're lucky at the Obs because we have a great relationship with Ski NH-- we do their weather (web and snowphone) and in exchange, our staff shares some ski priviledges at NH resorts. I'm proud that we can offer that benefit to our hard-working staff.

In NH at least, I haven't bought a lift ticket at full rack rates for a while. However, I've skied out west a couple of times over the last few years and it's ridiculously expensive.

My first "real job" after college was in marketing at Snowbird... and although Killington is pretty amazing, I think it's safe to say that I would choose the 'Bird over Killington, whatever the cost!

About the ticket deal-- if you're planning a trip (east or west), it's a phenomenal deal. We're so thankful that one of our Life Trustees has offered this fantastic package for us. Basically, for instance, if you want to go to Summit County out in Colorado, you can buy this ticket package and you won't be handcuffed by any one resort's multi-day ticket deal. You can pretty much ski or ride where you want, whenever you want.

Scot
MWO Staff

donnellyvj
10-30-2008, 09:39 AM
I would have to agree. I was amazed with Snowbird. Even after 11 days of skiing different Mountains (Utah, Wyoming, Idaho). P-techs ridge and Scotty's were sweet.

Brad
10-30-2008, 09:48 PM
I passed the link to this thread to my son. I know sometime this winter he is making a couple of trips west.