PDA

View Full Version : Boo!!!

KathyC
10-31-2008, 05:37 AM
Happy Halloween Everyone!!

As you can see my Kitty Cat is all ready being a Spooky Spider. Doesn't she just look so Happy...:D

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa229/Shmurfone/DSC00347.jpg

TrishandAlex
10-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Happy Halloween to you as well!

This may be the night Alex ceases to be a blonde! She's going to be a vampire and I'm going to dye her hair black (per her request). It's a temporary hair spray thing that's supposed to wash out with a good shampoo....but we'll see, won't we? :D Sage will be a "bootiful" princess, since she's the girlie-girl in the family.

TrishandAlex
10-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Has anyone else already eaten a good percentage of the candy that is supposed to go to the trick-or-treaters..? :o

spyboy
10-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Sage says "Happy Halloween"

http://www.spyboy.com/pix/sage.jpg

Kaari says "Meh!"

http://www.spyboy.com/pix/kaari.jpg

KathyC
10-31-2008, 05:52 PM
OOhhh, pretty kitty cat. It looks like black cats run in the board family here....:D

Trish and Alex, I hope your kids have a blast today and get lots of goodies. My doorbell hasn't stopped ringing since I got home around 4:30.

spyboy
10-31-2008, 05:54 PM
I don't think any kids will show up here. I'm the only house on the road. And it's 1/4 mile up the road to the mailbox and then another 600 feet to the house.

dixiemax
10-31-2008, 07:03 PM
hmm, guess you'll have to eat all of the candy yourself tonight,yes? :)

spyboy
10-31-2008, 08:06 PM
If I actually bought any candy. None in the house. Usually I buy it after Halloween when it all goes on sale, but I need to be walking 2 miles a day, not eating peanut butter cups!

Kirk

Charlie
11-01-2008, 08:41 PM
If I actually bought any candy. None in the house. Usually I buy it after Halloween when it all goes on sale, but I need to be walking 2 miles a day, not eating peanut butter cups!

Kirk

i say eat the peanut butter cups and walk 4 miles :D

Tim&Val
11-01-2008, 09:46 PM
http://www.barkeater.ws/ForumPics/IMG_8589.jpg

Debi, Tim and I spent the evening in Amherst's historic district trying to keep tabs on six kids who were heading in multiple directions!

We went as AT thru-hikers, but no one knew what we were. Some people thought we were skiers or mountain climbers. We had fun anyways!! :D

Beautiful night, unbelievable homes and decorations. Kids got great memories and we all had fun!

Valerie

MsCntry
11-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Happy belated Halloween!! We were told by a neighbor we could see about 20 kids, now we are stuck with a good bit of candy. One of our neighbors brought their 2 over, and that is all we saw!!! UUghhh and all that decorating for nuttin!!:rolleyes:

Darwin & Dozer say Happy Halloween also!!!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/mscntry/ourbabies.jpg

mtruman
11-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Lots of pretty kitties indeed (and one very handsome dog Dianne). Perhaps we need to start the forum pet thread. Marty could be the moderator.

Great costumes Val/Tim/Debi. Did your trick-or-treating get you ready to try the real thing? Having those looking-for-candy-handouts skills could be really useful on the AT. :)

We used to get well over 100 trick-or-treaters at our house so we always prepare. Probably had 25 or so this year so there were a ton of leftovers. Then our daughter came home with a bag that had to weigh 15 pounds :eek: Looks like we need to be doing a lot of hiking to work it all off...

dixiemax
11-02-2008, 07:02 AM
i say eat the peanut butter cups and walk 4 miles :D

sounds like the perfect solution! :D

KathyC
11-02-2008, 07:46 AM
I had well over 100 kids at my house. I always buy extra just in case and do have quite a bit left over too.

A think a Pet Thread/ forum would be nice. I think that most of us here do have pets and love them so much. They add so much love to your life.

If you look at the comments from 11/1, Marty is wearing the Halloween costume that I left in his goodie bag when I was there two weeks ago. It was either the spider like My cat has or a too too. I didn't think he'd want the too too...:D

TrishandAlex
11-02-2008, 10:07 PM
We had a fair amount of trick-or-treaters. Alex and Sage brought home a sackful, much to the dismay of my husband, who is strict when it comes to sweets (I allow binge eating on Halloween and Christmas :)). Alex dressed as a vampire and Sage as a fairy princess. We had a nice time. The kids who came to our door were all polite, only one was a "grabber" (tries to take half the candy in the bowl with one scooping grab). It was a nice evening.

mtruman
11-03-2008, 07:56 AM
If you look at the comments from 11/1, Marty is wearing the Halloween costume that I left in his goodie bag when I was there two weeks ago. It was either the spider like My cat has or a too too. I didn't think he'd want the too too...:D

Getting a cat to wear a Halloween costume is quite a feat. You can just see that look on his face - "Bah, how undignified!". :)

Tim&Val
11-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Great costumes Val/Tim/Debi. Did your trick-or-treating get you ready to try the real thing? Having those looking-for-candy-handouts skills could be really useful on the AT. :)

I hadn't thought about how much the halloween-kid skill set and the AT Thru-hiker skill set were alike! Unfortunately, we did NOT end up with lots of candy of our own. At the end of the night, the kids dumped all their malted milk balls on the adults (apparently these are not popular with the young-uns) but otherwise we were candy-free.

We used to get well over 100 trick-or-treaters at our house so we always prepare. Probably had 25 or so this year so there were a ton of leftovers.

I had well over 100 kids at my house.

The homes in the village of Amherst get about 600 kids in a two-hour period. Literally, the kids have to wait in line at each door. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. The streets remind me of the county fair. You could lose your child so easily in the crowds! My sister said that the local library collects candy donations to help supplement the candy purchased by those who live in the village. As you can imagine, you can't give out much per kid if you've got 600 kids coming to the door.

It was really cool, though, because the homeowners are obviously so into it. The houses are decorated, the adults are in costume. Some have mazes and "haunted houses" through rooms of their homes. The kids need to navigate in order to get their treats.

It was quite an experience!
V

KD Talbot
11-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Our neighborhood in Kingston used to be the only one that had trick or treating so everyone would drive their kids here. We'd get a hundred. They opened it up to the rest of the town so now we get fewer, but we still had forty or so.

For years I've been scaring the heck out of them when they come to the door, (not the little ones) but now my neighbors are getting in the act and trying to steal my thunder. It's a contest now.

Tim and Val: They didn't get the thru-hiker thing because I'm sure you didn't SMELL like thru-hikers! Next year you'll have to not shower for a few weeks while hiking to give the real effect.

KDT

MsCntry
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Lots of pretty kitties indeed (and one very handsome dog Dianne). Perhaps we need to start the forum pet thread.

We used to get well over 100 trick-or-treaters at our house so we always prepare.

Thanks Mark. Darwin is a 3 year old fat cat, and Dozer is only 10 months old. He stand at our hip at 27 inches, is 105 pounds, and still growing lol. That pic was taken at 8 months old. :D

I think a pet thread would be nice. I would like to see all the pets owned by our close friends.

Tim and Val: They didn't get the thru-hiker thing because I'm sure you didn't SMELL like thru-hikers! Next year you'll have to not shower for a few weeks while hiking to give the real effect.

EEWWWWW. I could handle it on the trail, but not having to do it while at home LOL. :D

KathyC
10-31-2010, 12:33 PM
It's that time of year again, Happy Halloween!! Don't forget to post your Halloween pictures for us to see....

My Kitty...

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa229/Shmurfone/Kitty030.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa229/Shmurfone/Kitty032.jpg

Snow Miser
10-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Happy Halloween to you Kathy, and everyone else on these boards. Great photos of your black kitty cat. :)

Anna LeBlanc
10-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Happy Halloween Kathy to you and Zee.

Bob,Happy Halloween to you and your family and all our forum family members too.

MelNino
11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
What lovely cats! I am such a sucker for black kitties.

I was Link fron the Legend of Zelda games....no one got it, I lacked the hat....I was called Robin Hood and Peter Pan.

Love the thru-hiker idea...that is clever and smart.

KathyC
11-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Sounds like a cool costume, I used to Love playing Zelda. Do you have any pics?

MelNino
11-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Nah, no one took pics :( I am such a Zelda addict....I think I need to start playing again!

Anna LeBlanc
11-08-2010, 12:59 PM
We had the cat fanciers thread so a pet one would be a wonderful thing I think!:D