PDA

View Full Version : skis

mainerjonn
11-20-2008, 08:16 AM
hey everyone so here is my question for anyone who can help.....does anyone have skis that they dont use....i know this sounds sad but i cant work now because of doing dialysis 4 times aweek...that being said i want to teach my little girl how to ski but cant afford to buy a pair....i am looking for a pair around 170cm or so....can anyone help in the me/nh area......

thanks

Bill O
11-20-2008, 08:36 AM
You should check out your local ski swap. The cost of shipping skis probably exceeds what you'd pay at a local sale.

Also, how big is your little girl? The days of long skis have passed and 170cm sounds big for a grown woman.

donnellyvj
11-20-2008, 09:18 AM
What size boot? I have some extra skis that I could part with that are already mounted. Bill has a point on the size of ski. If her abitily is level 1 she should be on alot smaller ski than 170. This will make learning easier and more fun. Let me know height and weight. I have a friend that owns a ski shop that may have something smaller than the pair I have that he could part with.

Brad
11-20-2008, 10:11 AM
hey everyone so here is my question for anyone who can help.....does anyone have skis that they dont use....i know this sounds sad but i cant work now because of doing dialysis 4 times aweek...that being said i want to teach my little girl how to ski but cant afford to buy a pair....i am looking for a pair around 170cm or so....can anyone help in the me/nh area......

thanks
You might check Sports Haus in town and at The Mountain (Shawnee Peak) for used rentals they might be selling cheap.

mainerjonn
11-20-2008, 04:48 PM
hey everyone ......thanks for all the info....but the skis were for me...not my little girl....my ex has bought her skis..i know i sound cheap by saying i dont want to by a pair but i really cant afford to buy any.....it really is not fun living on the gov....but i will say this......they say its going to snow a little next week........wooooohoooo

donnellyvj
11-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Ok. What size ski boot are you? I am going home to VT for T day and will see what I have in the basement. I know I have something. The only thing is if you need to remount the ski you would do better to hit a ski swap and find something that would fit your boot.