PDA

View Full Version : Weather Discovery Center

Charlie
12-05-2008, 10:31 PM
who is at the center on Saturdays

i will be coming to the center on 12/20 ,i have a painting of Nin that my wife did and would like to drop it off .i will be in Vermont in the morning and hope to get there by the afternoon .
i hope to see some one there or i will have to take the under ground train to the OBS and give it to them :D

Charlie
12-06-2008, 11:42 AM
i will have to drop it off with the mice then :D

Brad
12-06-2008, 12:42 PM
The web site says it is open 7 days a week right now -10AM to 5PM.

http://www.mountwashington.org/education/center/

Knapper
12-06-2008, 09:42 PM
As Brad stated, the Weather Discovery Center (WDC) is open 7 days a week except Christmas Day and New Years Day. The hours are 10-5 with free admission. Our webcal says Marcia will be helming the front desk that weekend. She can take your painting and give it to someone on Monday as the offices above the WDC are closed on weekends.

Charlie
12-06-2008, 09:50 PM
As Brad stated, the Weather Discovery Center (WDC) is open 7 days a week except Christmas Day and New Years Day. The hours are 10-5 with free admission. Our webcal says Marcia will be helming the front desk that weekend. She can take your painting and give it to someone on Monday as the offices above the WDC are closed on weekends.

sounds good i wish i could do it on monday so i could say hi to some of you up stairs but sat or sun will do ,and i hope you all like the painting

fifteendays
12-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Charlie, please pass along our thanks to your wife... I can't wait to see it! Ryan is right-- leave it with Marcia at the WDC front desk and I'm sure we will see it on the following Monday.

I think Marty will be a little easier to paint if she ever decided to do a Marty painting... only one color needed. Black.

Happy Holidays!

Scot
MWO Exec. Director

KathyC
12-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Is there any way a picture of the painting could be posted, I'd love to see it.

Charlie
12-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Is there any way a picture of the painting could be posted, I'd love to see it.

i will try to take a picture to day

Charlie
12-18-2008, 07:26 PM
tomorrow at 11 am i head north to vermont then sat morning i will do a drive by mt Washington then to north Conway to the discovery center to drop off the painting .then to LL Bean outlet and after that go south to Joe and Diane's house to get my STP flags .
then if there is any time left :eek: i will find something to do before finding a place to sleep . :D
then sun back to vermont to pick up my daughter and make my way back to PA before cabelas closes to get a pair of boots

now if it snows that will make it even better :D:D

Steve M
12-18-2008, 08:02 PM
tomorrow at 11 am i head north to vermont then sat morning i will do a drive by mt Washington then to north Conway to the discovery center to drop off the painting .then to LL Bean outlet and after that go south to Joe and Diane's house to get my STP flags .
then if there is any time left :eek: i will find something to do before finding a place to sleep . :D
then sun back to vermont to pick up my daughter and make my way back to PA before cabelas closes to get a pair of boots

now if it snows that will make it even better :D:D
Have a safe and fun trip!:)

Brad
12-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Charlie, depending on who you listen to we may get snow tomorrow. I will also drop some thing at the Discovery center - either Friday or Saturday depending on the schedule for other things. If it is Saturday I hope to see you there. If it looks like Saturday, I will call you on your cell.

Charlie
12-19-2008, 07:17 AM
brad sounds like a plan if you are there sat we can do lunch or something

Brad
12-19-2008, 12:44 PM
with the storm coming in I just ducked over to the WDC and dropped off a few things for the summit crew. Plus, I was able to meet everyone there in the office which is always fun. Several new faces which is great to see.

Knapper
12-19-2008, 02:06 PM
We will keep an eye out for your stuff when we have shift change this Tuesday. That is not a misprint. We are shifting Tuesday instead of Wednesday the next two weeks due to the holidays. Thanks ahead of time for whatever you dropped off.

Brad
12-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Ryan,

I am glad I stopped by today and did not wait till Tuesday. Never crossed my mind you would move the change day earlier. Some of the things are just useful stuff - nothing exciting. There are 2 boxes of things I really love.

It was nice to see folks there today. Happy Holidays to everyone - Up Crew, Down Crew and town staff.

Charlie
12-20-2008, 07:30 AM
i got in to Burlington vermont at 1 am and after a nice little sleep im off to NH

love all the snow

Brad
12-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Charlie, sorry to have missed you this trip. It turned out to be a busy day off in the other direction. I hope all these goodies we have left make it to the summit. Will they go up on Tuesday for Shift Change?

Charlie
12-20-2008, 10:00 PM
i left vermont at 8:30 am and went east ,went past twin peeks and down crawford notch to get to n conway [ i love that drive ]
went to the discovery center to drop off the painting ,then at 2pm went joe and dianes to get my STP flags [ and they look great ] then back to Burlington vermont for dinner at 7:30 pm

a loooooooong day

going home at 10 am tomorrow ,a 8 hr drive :eek:

and in coming back next weekend :D:D

Knapper
12-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Brad-

So we got two boxes of popcorn. I take it that those were the two boxes of things that you loved. We had a bunch of other stuff come up. Not sure what was yours since nothing was labeled though.

Brad
12-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Yes, the two huge boxes of microwave popcorn were from me. The ladies in the office were threatening to hide them from you. There were a bunch of "office supplies" - pens and such - included which were not wrapped.

Brad
12-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Charlie,

Did you make it back to Vt and then to PA? Your timing with the storm might have been pretty good.

Charlie
12-22-2008, 07:27 PM
well i went down to pick up my STP flags [ and they look great ] and started back to Vermont about 3 pm ,got there about 7 pm .

got up sun and went to breakfast and got on the road around 10 am went to my sisters in upper NY on the way home where there was about a foot and a half of snow.we hit white outs on the NY thruway north of Albany then slushy roads south of there

and im going back to ny next sat for a coupple days

well did any one at the discovery center see the painting

Charlie
12-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Charlie, please pass along our thanks to your wife... I can't wait to see it! Ryan is right-- leave it with Marcia at the WDC front desk and I'm sure we will see it on the following Monday.

I think Marty will be a little easier to paint if she ever decided to do a Marty painting... only one color needed. Black.

Happy Holidays!

Scot
MWO Exec. Director

did any one who works at the discovery center see the painting of Nin yet ????

its ok to say you like it or not

fifteendays
12-24-2008, 09:46 AM
did any one who works at the discovery center see the painting of Nin yet ????

its ok to say you like it or not

Charlie-- I was out the last couple of days and came in this morning to find a beautiful portrait of Nin in my office! It looks great and will be delivered to the summit on the next snowtractor run-- I'm sure the crew will find a good place to hang it up there.

Please pass along our thanks and have a very merry Christmas!

All the best,
Scot Henley
MWO Executive Director

Charlie
12-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Scot thank you i hope when every one sees it they will remember who the last top cat was