PDA

View Full Version : Now the fun starts...

KathyC
12-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Today is our annual Pierogi Day. I will be making Pierogies with my Mom all day today for Christmas Eve dinner. It usually takes us about 8 hours to get them all done.

Tomorrow the baking starts, my dining room table is completely filled with all of my baking supplies already.

It's hard work, but always worth it.:)

Charlie
12-13-2008, 08:48 AM
did you say what time we could stop by for some sampling :D:D

KathyC
12-13-2008, 04:16 PM
31 Dozen later, I'm pooped...

spyboy
12-13-2008, 05:16 PM
I'll take a dozen :) potato & onion please :)

My grandmother used to make them (I'm Ukranian/Lithuanian on my mom's side) so we always had those at Christmas time (and in January for the "real" Christmas)

Kirk

BlueDog
12-14-2008, 09:53 AM
I seemed to have missed the post where you asked for our mailing addresses! :D

Brad
12-14-2008, 12:15 PM
My heritage is English. I seem to be missing something with the translation. Are you talking about beans & franks?

MsCntry
12-14-2008, 01:23 PM
My heritage is English. I seem to be missing something with the translation. Are you talking about beans & franks?

No. This is kindda like ravioli but can be stuffed with all kinds of stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi

Steve M
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I love Pirogi's! With lots of sour cream and hot sauce.:)

Charlie
12-14-2008, 06:43 PM
kathy where are you ,your not still making them are you :D:D

KathyC
12-15-2008, 04:14 AM
I am Ukranian and German, both my parents from Europe.

We made Potato, cheese and Kraut. Plenty for Christmas Eve and lots left to pack away.

Yesterday I baked most of the day, I still have alot to get done before Friday night. First thing on Saturday I leave for CT. for my long weekend.

spyboy
12-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Now I really want pierogies :)

There's a Polish store in Manchester, NH (Bartlett St Superette) that has pierogies, lots of dry goods from Poland and Russia and a full butcher counter with great kielbasa.

I think I'll have to take a run there this week...

Charlie
12-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Now I really want pierogies :)

There's a Polish store in Manchester, NH (Bartlett St Superette) that has pierogies, lots of dry goods from Poland and Russia and a full butcher counter with great kielbasa.

I think I'll have to take a run there this week...

was this an invite i will be in town sat and sun .i will be stopping at Joe and Diane's to pick up my flags and then we can come over for dinner . brad can come over from Maine and who else can i invite to your house :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

just kidding :D:D:D:D:D

but that store does sound like it can be a stop on my list :D

spyboy
12-15-2008, 07:56 PM
You know, I could have a get together this weekend :) My roommate is flying home to NJ so I'll have to house to myself to party in, ha!

I'm in New Hampton, on Route 104 heading towards Meredith (next to Bobby's Girl Diner)

Kirk

Charlie
12-15-2008, 09:53 PM
You know, I could have a get together this weekend :) My roommate is flying home to NJ so I'll have to house to myself to party in, ha!

I'm in New Hampton, on Route 104 heading towards Meredith (next to Bobby's Girl Diner)

Kirk

we can all help you finish putting up your lights :D:D:D:D