PDA

View Full Version : Canon 5d Mark 2

CHRIS
12-15-2008, 07:12 AM
I know a few people had talked about getting one but has anybody got one? I sold a few other toys and now I have the money to get it but cannot find one:(. Does anybody know any good online dealers I could check?

JimS
12-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Yeah...that's going to be tough until after the holdiays. All of the big retailers are out and have waiting lists. I'd start hitting the local pavement...probably your best bet...

spyboy
12-15-2008, 07:42 AM
None are available right now unless you were on the waiting list back in September.

I friend said his brother just got his, but I haven't gotten a call yet to purchase mine.

I've heard it will take until about February for supplies to catch up with demand.

So, put in your order and wait...

And for where to get it..B&H Photo (bhphotovideo.com) is a very reliable source.

You won't find a deal on it, everyone is selling it for full price, so if you could find it at a local Best Buy, buy it since it's the same as everywhere else.

Kirk

CHRIS
12-15-2008, 08:12 AM
I am on a waiting list at my local camera shop but I hate waiting for something I want. I am in 3rd place.

CHRIS
12-15-2008, 10:01 AM
:D:D I just called a camera shop in the city I work in and he says he is tracking 2, 5d Mark 2's being delivered to him today one just a body and one with the lense. He put my name on the body :D:D.
It is going to feel like Christmas today :)

CHRIS
12-16-2008, 01:04 PM
:D:D I just picked up my Canon 5d Mark2. If anybody else is interested in one my new dealer has two more coming in Weds. complete package with lens. This dealer is really nice and if anybody is interested he can ups to them. If anybody is interested his name is Bruce @ Benner's camera shop in Brockton Ma. # 508-583-1058 or email brucebenner67@hotmail.com. Can't wait to get playing with it. I should have brought my lens to work.
Here is the link to there web site.
http://www.bennercamera.com/home

Patrad Fischroy
02-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Chris,
In case you had not heard, Canon released a firmware update for the 5D about 3 weeks ago. Link here
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=17662#DownloadDetailAct

CHRIS
02-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks Patrad. I did see this on the Canon website but I have not noticed any issues in my pictures. I am going to look and see if I have version 1.0.6 or if I already have version 1.0.7 already on it. But thanks for the heads up. Much apreciated. Hopefully Spyboy sees this to because I know he has 5d MarkII.