PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

CHRIS
12-24-2008, 06:47 AM
I Just want to wish everybody and their families here and on the summit a very Merry Christmas. Have a safe and happy holiday.

spyboy
12-24-2008, 07:54 AM
You too. Enjoy the snow if you have it, and for those in the hotter climates, enjoy that for us too, we're buried in New Hampshire!

Kirk

Steve M
12-24-2008, 08:17 AM
We here in the warmer climates will be thinking of you all as wee go through Christmas in the 70's. No Ice and snow for us.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all!:)

mtruman
12-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

I just looked back and realized that it was a year ago this month that I joined the forum - how time flies. I can't tell you all what a pleasure it's been getting to hang out with you all here as well as getting to meet many of you in person at STP last summer. I can't imagine a nicer group of people to have my coffee with each morning. Thanks for a great year!

All the best -

TrishandAlex
12-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Yes, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone. I am grateful for having joined this warm, knowledgeable community. Looking forward to more pleasant conversation in the coming New Year.

CHRIS
12-24-2008, 10:33 AM
I agree with everybody. I have enjoyed being a member of this forum. I never knew before joining that there was so many people that had the same passion as I have for the White Mountains and exspecially Mount Washington. The amount of knowledge I have recieved from asking questions here blows me away. This furom is by far the best one I have ever joined.I look forward to meeting more of you at the STP 09 dinner.I believe we may need a bigger forum table in 09. Just think it is only 7 months away:D. I can't wait.

iceclimber
12-24-2008, 10:54 AM
yes, Merry Christmas.

M_Six
12-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Lots of snow here in Newington, CT. Rain coming down now, though. Very sloppy outside.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, safe, and enjoyable Christmas. :D

spyboy
12-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I braved the change over to freezing rain here in NH to get to FedEx to grab my Christmas present to myself...

http://www.spyboy.com/mwo/5dmkii.jpg

CHRIS
12-24-2008, 03:05 PM
That sure is a nice presant. I picked up mine last week :D and love it. Enjoy.

mtruman
12-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I braved the change over to freezing rain here in NH to get to FedEx to grab my Christmas present to myself...

Great present, but how did you get it to take a picture of itself? :confused:

Rich
12-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Great present, but how did you get it to take a picture of itself? :confused:

It must be that pano thing he does soo well!

Merry Christmas everyone! Here's to many safe journeys in the new year!

spyboy
12-24-2008, 06:44 PM
It must be that pano thing he does soo well!

Merry Christmas everyone! Here's to many safe journeys in the new year!

I think the correct answer is take a picture of it with another one (of the same kind) (yeah right, like I need 2 of these things...)

Kirk

Brad
12-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone.

Did the observers open "gifts" at shift change - or are folks waiting till tomorrow. Was an extra snow tractor run needed just to get Marty's gifts to the summit?

ColdWeatherClimber
12-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Happy Holidays to all forum members. I'm glad you're all having a good evening out there. I am still on this barge working and we know no difference in one day or another here. Still, I am glad for you. Be safe and enjoy your evening.

Santa
12-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!

Just checking in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I am currently over Iceland, heading for London. Cold and windy up here, just like the summit, but my reindeer and I are used to it!

Be sure to leave out milk and cookies for me before you head to bed!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Santa

MsCntry
12-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Merry Christmas to our extended family here on the forums!!

Diane, Joe, and Family

Knapper
12-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone from the obs!

Did the observers open "gifts" at shift change - or are folks waiting till tomorrow. Was an extra snow tractor run needed just to get Marty's gifts to the summit?

The observers did not open any gifts until today unless labeled "open now" as in the case of cookies or candy. There were gifts addressed to single observers so those will either be opened today by someone or held until next Tuesdays shift change when my shift heads up. We didn't want to spoil the joy that comes with opening things on the actual day. And no, no special trips were arranged for any gifts, just the typical shift change tractors. Sorry.

Cheers-

Steve M
12-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!

Just checking in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I am currently over Iceland, heading for London. Cold and windy up here, just like the summit, but my reindeer and I are used to it!

Be sure to leave out milk and cookies for me before you head to bed!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Santa
You sure can pack in the milk and cookies. No wonder your so jolly!:D

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable day yesterday!

TrishandAlex
12-26-2008, 10:11 AM
We had a great holiday, but this morning I found I've gained 5 pounds since just before Thanksgiving. :eek:

We'll be in NH next week, and methinks I'll be doing a lot of hiking...hopefully I can lose those 5 pounds in a week....

Eggnog and chocolate and candy canes, oh my! :o

krummholz
12-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Regarding weight loss, don't fall into the trap that I've fallen into many times. "I just finished a winter hike. Must have burned at least 3000 calories. I'm practically wasting away! Let's go to [Truant's][Scarecrow][Red Parka][fill in the blank with your favorite] and have the deluxe nachos, couple rounds of Tuckerman's ale, the prime rib, and cheesecake for dessert. Why am I not losing weight?" ;)

spyboy
12-27-2008, 06:58 AM
You think Santa visiting the OBS was "way up there", well, he also stopped at the ISS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=702BSmibAxQ

TrishandAlex
12-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Regarding weight loss, don't fall into the trap that I've fallen into many times.* "I just finished a winter hike.* Must have burned at least 3000 calories. I'm practically wasting away!* Let's go to [Truant's][Scarecrow][Red Parka][fill in the blank with your favorite] and have the deluxe nachos, couple rounds of Tuckerman's ale, the prime rib, and cheesecake for dessert.* Why am I not losing weight?" ;)

Yes, I understand that mindset!
Though seriously, for me, hiking is the only way to go.* It's the only thing that's enabled me to finally lose the baby weight (and Sage is nearly 4 :o).* Now that I've lost it, I don't want to gain any of it back!* As long as I hike once a week (with or without Alex), then I'm good.
One of my goals for 2009 is to turn my body into a very fit machine!