PDA

View Full Version : What the snowballs is up with the weather change?

iceclimber
12-24-2008, 08:19 PM
sheesh, I have been checking the weather atop Mt. Washington for the past few weeks and it has been consistently in the single digits and now a few days before our hike, there is a heatwave going on. Well, any news on an extended forecast for the weekend? I see that heat is also producing lots of fog. Man, just our luck. Oh, well, Merry Christmas.

Steve M
12-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Iceclimber,

Where in Florida are you? I'm near Tallahassee.

Brad
12-28-2008, 10:40 AM
There is certainly plenty of fog around here in Maine. I think I am in Maine. Too foggy to tell.

iceclimber
12-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Steve M,

I am currently up in NY, just East of Rochester. I work and live in Orlando though. I guess this thread is useless and could be deleted. Sorry I made it.

Brad
12-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Never be sorry about a post here. We can have fun with any of them.

Steve M
12-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Steve M,

I am currently up in NY, just East of Rochester. I work and live in Orlando though. I guess this thread is useless and could be deleted. Sorry I made it.

It is good to see someone else living in Florida on these forums. I was the only one I think until you joined. Don't worry if some of your threads don't get an answer. It happens to most everyone from time to time. Just look back through all the threads and you will see what I mean. Just keep posting and have a great time.

At least you are up north right now. It has been hot down here. Hasn't felt much like Christmas. Post some pics if you have some.

iceclimber
12-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks.

Well, I just baptized my tent in 40mph gusts last night. It held like a fort. I have a Trango 2 by Mtn. Hardwear. Good line of tents, but not a true 2 man tent. I was once told by someone that if you are wanting a 2 man tent, buy a tent for 3. It makes sense, but it is doable if you don't mind the limited wiggle room. It is getting colder and the snow is falling again. We will be here till Saturday so I should be able to get a few more cold winter camping nights in.

Steve M
12-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks.

Well, I just baptized my tent in 40mph gusts last night. It held like a fort. I have a Trango 2 by Mtn. Hardwear. Good line of tents, but not a true 2 man tent. I was once told by someone that if you are wanting a 2 man tent, buy a tent for 3. It makes sense, but it is doable if you don't mind the limited wiggle room. It is getting colder and the snow is falling again. We will be here till Saturday so I should be able to get a few more cold winter camping nights in.

Sounds like your having a great time. I keep saying we are going to get up there during the winter but it seems we spend all our vacation money in the summer. Maybe we will hang close to home this summer and go up next winter.

Charlie
12-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Maybe we will hang close to home this summer and go up next winter.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: what no seek the peak :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Steve M
01-01-2009, 11:34 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: what no seek the peak :eek::eek::eek::eek:

OK...Maybe we can squeeze in STP.

Brad
01-01-2009, 01:27 PM
That's better.