PDA

View Full Version : weather stations

Charlie
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
with the weather stations they have here at the obs store i was looking at the La Crosse Technology WS-1510U-IT Pro Weather Station

how high of wind will the outdoor wind cups take up to [ im not sure what the right name is ]

and how is this one for some one who never had one before Acu-Rite Deluxe Wireless Weather Station

Bill O
01-03-2009, 05:37 PM
It gives all the specs right on the MWO site. 112mph.

It seems okay for your first weather station. I have to warn you that wind recordings will be very dissapointing. Even a $1000 weather station has a hard time capturing very short gusts. Additionally, you probably wont have a 10 meter tower in the middle of a field to mount the anemometer.

Steve M
01-04-2009, 01:39 AM
It gives all the specs right on the MWO site. 112mph.

It seems okay for your first weather station. I have to warn you that wind recordings will be very dissapointing. Even a $1000 weather station has a hard time capturing very short gusts. Additionally, you probably wont have a 10 meter tower in the middle of a field to mount the anemometer.

I thought about it in my yard but I am surrounded by 60-80 foot trees. I can't get above them so any wind I get is not steady or accurate to conditions.

Charlie
01-04-2009, 09:09 AM
i can get a spot on my roof that is about 60 feet from a large tree ,is that ok

Bill O
01-04-2009, 12:00 PM
i can get a spot on my roof that is about 60 feet from a large tree ,is that ok

Since you don't have much of a choice it is fine, but not ideal.

Just try to get it as high as you can.

Charlie
01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Since you don't have much of a choice it is fine, but not ideal.

Just try to get it as high as you can.

thanks i would like to get one soon