PDA

View Full Version : MWO Teaser

Brad
01-13-2009, 06:36 AM
On Facebook Scot posted a teaser for us. There is a big announcement coming on Thursday this week. He gave no clues. I am hoping for early morning Thursday.

2 days and counting.

Bill O
01-13-2009, 07:41 AM
I just saw. Maybe they are putting in a new glacier. I know, maybe Mount Washington is really 6,300 ft tall.

Patrad Fischroy
01-13-2009, 08:06 AM
No no no, I have heard from a usually reliable sourse that they are getting ready to offer franchise opportunities. For a reasonable fee, they will help to set up your own observatory on any mountain named Washington. You just need to agree to purchase your website software from them as well as any office stationary. For an added fee, they will also help you rename any mountain Washington and then offer the franchise.

Just imagine, a nation-wide chain of mountaintop observatories, think of the possibilities, even international if things take-off!!!!!

BlueDog
01-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Dangit! I've been trying and trying to avoid Facebook... but if Scot is giving teasers there first it may just be pushing me over the edge! :P

Rich
01-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Where on facebook is it?

Knapper
01-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Ooh...Ooh...I know this one. If you have been to a function this fall or winter, the answer has already been revealed. That is all...

fifteendays
01-13-2009, 09:58 AM
On Facebook Scot posted a teaser for us. There is a big announcement coming on Thursday this week. He gave no clues. I am hoping for early morning Thursday.

2 days and counting.

Chief Executive MWO Cheerleader Brad comes through for us once again! Thanks for building some drama here in the forums.

I went to a fundraising conference a couple of years ago and they had a session on social networking sites and fundraising implications. Since we didn't have a marketing person at that point, I decided to create a MWO Facebook page myself to see what would happen. (We've raised $35 on Facebook, thanks to two of YOU here in the forums...)

Now, on Facebook, I have a strange blend of high school friends, college friends, colleagues in the business community and Observatory members/donors. It's fun, but it's also an easy way to make an hour of your day (or more) vanish in a flash. By the way, if you do end up finding my own page, be prepared to see some rants about college football, as my alma mater (Utah) had the best season ever and finished at #2 in the polls, but did not have any shot at the national title. But I digress...

As for the big news... you'll see it on Thursday on our website, read it in the papers and hopefully see it on the news if you're in our area.

Here's a big, mega-hint: If you're a member, simply look at the cover of the new Windswept, which is arriving in mailboxes right now.

Enjoy!

Scot
MWO Exec. Director

Bill O
01-13-2009, 10:13 AM
By the way, if you do end up finding my own page, be prepared to see some rants about college football, as my alma mater (Utah) had the best season ever and finished at #2 in the polls, but did not have any shot at the national title. But I digress...

The value of our education just skyrocketed from that fact.

Look for MWO on Facebook in the "Causes" application.

MelNino
01-13-2009, 10:19 AM
I just saw. Maybe they are putting in a new glacier. I know, maybe Mount Washington is really 6,300 ft tall.

Thanks, I almost spewed coffe all over my desk :-)

Brad
01-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Actually, MWO has purchased its own mountain and will be moving all the summit operations to this other peak. Maintaining equipment, getting staff up and down for shift changes every day, being able to produce their own time lapse videos of snack runs to McDonald's, all will be so much easier at this new and improved location on a small hill in Ohio. And they will have a new downdraft range for baking cookies for all visitors who happen to walk by.

Brad
01-13-2009, 10:32 AM
On Facebook there are two pages to watch. One is the cause Scot created we all can join. In addition, there is Scot's personal Utah oriented page. I think the teaser was actually posted on Scot's page.

Knapper
01-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Actually, MWO has purchased its own mountain and will be moving all the summit operations to this other peak...

This reminded me of the one time we let a telemarketer talk to us on the summit. We allowed it because it opened with "Hello Mount Washington, my name is _____ from ______. Would you be interested in moving your business location?" No joke, Jim can back me on this since he is the one that took the call. Obviously they were not from around here but we were interested on how they would move mountains for us.

Rich
01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Now that's funny!:D

Charlie
01-13-2009, 05:31 PM
i have it and all i will say is N G M

JimS
01-13-2009, 06:38 PM
I know it...and have been hounding my school librarian daily for the past week...to no avail yet...

Bill O
01-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Hmmm, I think I know it too.

It's not a glacier.

Brad
01-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Chief Executive MWO Cheerleader Brad comes through for us once again!
This is an exciting day indeed. I have been promoted. I used to be just Chief Cheerleader. Now I am Chief Executive! Oh my goodness this is fantastic.

I pledge to put on a huge celebration party when my next MWO pay check comes in. 20% of the increase will be used to fund the party. Oh what an event. It will be scheduled for Jan 20th to be the thing everyone talks about. Nothing like it has ever been seen before. What an organization! Great people. Hard working folks. They deserve all our support. Bring on the new memberships. Get in line to lend your financial support. It could not be for a better cause.

Now where was that last pay check so I can figure out the increase?

:rolleyes:

Brad
01-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Hmmm, I think I know it too.

It's not a glacier.
Remember the chair lift?

Brad
01-14-2009, 05:56 AM
Okay folks. Step right up and wait in line. It will not be much longer and The Big Reveal will be unveiled.

One more day.

Bill O
01-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Well, I thought I knew it yesterday, but now I really know what it is. Very exciting.

Charlie
01-14-2009, 05:08 PM
This is an exciting day indeed. I have been promoted. I used to be just Chief Cheerleader. Now I am Chief Executive! Oh my goodness this is fantastic.

I pledge to put on a huge celebration party when my next MWO pay check comes in. 20% of the increase will be used to fund the party. Oh what an event. It will be scheduled for Jan 20th to be the thing everyone talks about. Nothing like it has ever been seen before. What an organization! Great people. Hard working folks. They deserve all our support. Bring on the new memberships. Get in line to lend your financial support. It could not be for a better cause.

Now where was that last pay check so I can figure out the increase?

:rolleyes:

brad if you have the party i will bring the shoofly pie and the whoopie pies from the Pennsylvania Dutch Country.

Brad
01-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Well it is 9PM. Am I supposed to wait till the morning?

MelNino
01-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Waaiiiiiiiting.....is the hardest part........

Lemmes, Mary was promoted to.....well....wait.....he already runs the mountain, doesn't he?

fifteendays
01-14-2009, 11:22 PM
... can be found here (http://www.mountwashington.org/forums/showthread.php?p=28146#post28146) in a new thread. Enjoy!

Steve M
01-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Actually, MWO has purchased its own mountain and will be moving all the summit operations to this other peak. Maintaining equipment, getting staff up and down for shift changes every day, being able to produce their own time lapse videos of snack runs to McDonald's, all will be so much easier at this new and improved location on a small hill in Ohio. And they will have a new downdraft range for baking cookies for all visitors who happen to walk by.

So MWO is moving down in the world?

Brad
01-15-2009, 06:08 AM
I found it - I found it. Great article!!!!!!!!!!!!