PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Exclusive National Geographic Event, Feb. 19

fifteendays
01-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi folks,

Besides the good news (and great relief) that the link to the summit is fixed, I also want to share this exciting news...

On Thursday evening, February 19, we're presenting "An Evening with National Geographic Photojournalist Jose Azel" at the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel in Bartlett, NH. Jose took hundreds and hundreds of photos for the article, and he'll present an incredible slideshow from that collection. He'll also give us a look behind the scenes at the making of National Geographic's article, "Backyard Arctic."

Tickets are just $20 and all proceeds go to the Observatory, as we work to match a challenge grant for new exhibits. Only 600 tickets are available, and we expect that this thing will sell out, since it's smack in the middle of the Mass. school vacation week up here. The 143-room Grand Summit Hotel will be booked solid, so we expect to see many hotel guests at the event as well. So... if you're considering coming, book early.

For all the details, including tickets, go to:
http://observatory.mountwashington.org/site/Calendar?view=Detail&id=100081

See you there!

Brad
01-29-2009, 03:54 PM
My timing is terrible! I head to NC on Feb 9th. Why do I need to be back in Maine 10 days later so I can go? Please, someone come up with an excuse for me.

BlueDog
01-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Uh... you left your driveway plugged in? :)

KD Talbot
01-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Classic!

KDT

Brad
01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Uh... you left your driveway plugged in? :)
Now that is not bad. But, my wife will still be at the house and she can pull the red switch on the wall and turn it completely off.

Another reason please.

Charlie
01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
they are calling for another ice storm on the 18th and you need to stay so things dont happen like last time

and you tell my wife that you need my help keeping an eye on things and we both can go on the 19th :D:D:D

RI Swamp Yankee
01-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Medical reasons. Dr Scot has requested you visit his office for medication only availabe in that area ..... "Mt. Washington Valley Air".

fifteendays
01-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Medical reasons. Dr Scot has requested you visit his office for medication only availabe in that area ..... "Mt. Washington Valley Air".

I thought you were referring to Tuckerman 6288 Stout. I may have that as well.

BlueDog
01-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Now that is not bad. But, my wife will still be at the house and she can pull the red switch on the wall and turn it completely off.

Another reason please.

Your webcams are actually security cameras for the Dept of Homeland Security and you need to be on site to ensure they are broadcasting between these dates. Why those dates? Well, if you had to tell them, you'd have to kill them!

Brad
01-30-2009, 06:28 PM
I think we all just need to sign up for this event and go. I would love to see a more complete set of pictures that were taken.

Charlie
01-31-2009, 10:49 AM
I think we all just need to sign up for this event and go. I would love to see a more complete set of pictures that were taken.

maybe they can have a slide show the Friday at the registration party for STP

RI Swamp Yankee
01-31-2009, 08:25 PM
I thought you were referring to Tuckerman 6288 Stout. I may have that as well.
Ah yes, Tuckerman 6288 Stout has unique curative powers ;) and another medicine for the eyes is the view of Mt. Washington itself.

Brad
02-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Well, how was the event?

Knapper
02-21-2009, 01:05 AM
I don't have any official numbers but a rough count while I was there was over 350 people. Pretty good turn out given the snowy weather. The slides were great as always and it was great to mingle with the people that did show up. Thanks for everyone on here that was able to come. Maybe Scot will share more in the coming work week either on here or on our homepage.

Brad
02-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Brian, that is excellent. Thanks for this quick update. I was really trying to figure out how to get there from NC and just could not come up with a reason for that much driving. Came close though.

Arthur Dent
03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Unfortunately I didn't get to the event but I was on the summit one week Jose Azel was up there shooting the photos. The photos in the February, 2009 National Geographic were great but the article sucked.