PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Bag Liner

luvtahike
01-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Anyone have any experience with the Sea to Summit sleeping bag liner? It is supposed to add up to 15 degrees warmth. Here is the link:

http://www.rei.com/product/705534

Thanks,

Denise

billysinc
01-30-2009, 02:57 PM
I have one. I've never actually used it as a liner inside of another bag. I have used it by itself during the summer in a bivy sack.

The only comment I'll make is this. If you tend to toss and turn allot you will wind up with it all twisted around you.

BlueDog
01-30-2009, 06:29 PM
I have the Coolmax liner and I like it. Its not silk, but the smooth fabric. When researching them I found that some people, like me that toss and turn, get caught up in the terry or cotton ones. During the summer months I'd sleep in just the liner and use my summer bag as a blanket.

Bill O
01-30-2009, 08:55 PM
If sleeping bags weren't uncomfortable enough. It is a cheap way to extend the range but you either love them or hate them.

hand
01-31-2009, 08:05 PM
I use a cocoon silk bag liner and it adds at 10F to the bags comfort level. Other advantages are that you do not need to wash your bag as often - prolonging the life on an expensive sleeping bag. They are rather clingy to your body (I usually leave my bottom layer on when hitting the bag for the night which in my case is typically fleece, sometimes wool). I find them to be clingy and somewhat restrict my movement in the bag. this would of course depend on how still of a sleeper you are.

John